Cat Lady

ITU Worlds - the new thread

18 minutes ago, Youngy2 said:

I'm excited only because I get a week off with paid Sporting Leave -- my highlight

Me too

• Like 1

I’m excited, unfortunately not sporting leave but snagged a luxury escapes deal at what turned out to be the host hotel....cocktails, massages. Not sure I’ll be in any fit state to race!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Melt said:

I’m excited, unfortunately not sporting leave but snagged a luxury escapes deal at what turned out to be the host hotel....cocktails, massages. Not sure I’ll be in any fit state to race!

it's only an enticer distance anyway. Anyone that's really serious about it does Ironman events :P:lol:

Note: Sarcasm for the serious insects

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 30/08/2018 at 4:07 PM, willie said:

it's only an enticer distance anyway. Anyone that's really serious about it does Ironman events :P:lol:

Note: Sarcasm for the serious insects

Technically IM are the race promoters......

1 hour ago, k3vski said:

Video briefing now on the facebook page

52min 😏

• Sad 1

On 01/09/2018 at 9:05 AM, trifun said:

Technically IM are the race promoters......

So you’re an Ironman after the sprint distance now? sweet!!! 

1 hour ago, willie said:

So you’re an Ironman after the sprint distance now? sweet!!! 

Technically a sprint is known as an Ironman 2575.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, A2K said:

Technically a sprint is known as an Ironman 2575.

Who’s getting an M-Dot tattoo after worlds then?

1 hour ago, willie said:

Who’s getting an M-Dot tattoo after worlds then?

IM getting 2! one for each race.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 05/09/2018 at 10:10 AM, AA7 said:

52min 😏

Run a nice bath & watch it in there ... or on a boring wt session. I'm only doing the standard so got to skip the sprint bit!

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

Run a nice bath & watch it in there ... or on a boring wt session. I'm only doing the standard so got to skip the sprint bit!

Could you sit still in a bath for 52min??? Nah, me neither. 

Right, I have 4 hours of work left and can't concentrate.  So...  How is everyone feeling?  And what are you goals for the week?  And what are your goals for your race(s)?

I was feeling fine and dandy but today I keep sneezing - feel fine though.  I'm completely underdone wrt bike, so I won't be expecting anything amazing there.  Goals for the week are to enjoy myself, not get stressed and to try and not kill my husband on the long drive up tomorrow and back on Monday week.  For the race, placing top 20 would be awesome, but I reckon it'll be more like top 40 if all goes well.

Goals: don't drown, don't crash, don't walk

oh and a sub 2:10 would be awesome 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Finishing within the top half of my age group (94 in the M35-39 standard distance) would be good. Sole representative from Malaysia in the whole event. Not converting to an Aussie citizenship has it's perks!

• Like 2

Trifun’s goals resonate with me, except for the last one 😂: unless it’s the sprint, then sub 2,10 is doable..... but seriously, I suppose I want to do the best I can and finish with a big smile on my face.  I have no expectations time wise, although I do have a vague goal of particular run and bike speeds I would like to average (stress on the LIKE) I haven’t a clue where I will finish, and to be honest not sure I care.  The women I regularly race against  will have had various preparations, good bad and indifferent and whether I finish in front of next to or behind a particular person won’t impact on my own performance or enjoyment of the races.  For the first time in ages I will actually have family watching me go around on the Sunday which will be totally awesome. Bring it on I say and best of mechanical luck to everyone 💪

• Like 6

On 07/09/2018 at 6:07 AM, AA7 said:

Could you sit still in a bath for 52min??? Nah, me neither. 

Na. but I got most of it done ( keeping in mind I got to skip about 10 minutes of the sprint stuff)

16 hours ago, BogFrog said:

Right, I have 4 hours of work left and can't concentrate.  So...  How is everyone feeling?  And what are you goals for the week?  And what are your goals for your race(s)?

I was feeling fine and dandy but today I keep sneezing - feel fine though.  I'm completely underdone wrt bike, so I won't be expecting anything amazing there.  Goals for the week are to enjoy myself, not get stressed and to try and not kill my husband on the long drive up tomorrow and back on Monday week.  For the race, placing top 20 would be awesome, but I reckon it'll be more like top 40 if all goes well.

I have been stressed out of my brain this week. It's coming close to end of term which means reports, parent interviews, reading tests, etc.  I also need to plan the next five days for while I'm away  and if you don't write out every single little thing you have to end up reteaching the whole lot!  Ok I haven't really been stressed out of my brain, just kind of. I don't get planning time alone because the girls go to the same school as me . So as soon as the bell rings they're in my classroom, usually trying to tear each other's hair out! Lol.  It makes it hard to concentrate and focus.  Probably increases the time it takes me to plan by double. 

But other than that all is good. Training is going as well as it could be. I'm not being coached so I really have no clue! She'll be right mate!

Goals? 

I qualified 16th, so want to finish above that (in Aussies, in my age group).

I have 72 in my wave.

I think my best ever OD is 2:24:11 at Noosa, so I'd very much like to beat that time, considering there is no Garmin Hill! Dunno if my shitty run will make up the difference though. We'll see.

And hopefully I can enjoy myself as well!

14 hours ago, k3vski said:

Sole representative from Malaysia in the whole event. Not converting to an Aussie citizenship has it's perks!

I hope you finish first for your country, in your age group!

• Like 1

Great first day, if you were one of the lucky ones to register in the first 10 minutes 😄

now waiting impatiently for race start 11:40am - bamboozled by this late start in terms of usual race morning preparations- normally I’m on my way home by this time.  Absolutely beautiful day.  I would post a photo but it would turn FP green compared to his recent exploits 😂 best of mechanical luck to fellow trannies if I don’t spot you today.

• Like 4

Good luck Cat Lady! I just had a little jog and sweating like a pig, going to be a warm one 🔥 ☀ 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, -H- said:

Good luck Cat Lady! I just had a little jog and sweating like a pig, going to be a warm one 🔥 ☀ 

I’m going to pretend I didn’t read that 😂 (the sweating bit, not the well wishes bit... )

Was it a wetsuit swim today? Reckon it'll be wetsuit optional for standard distance on Sunday?

Thanks guys. Just missed the first pack on the bike by about 10secs and they just worked away from me. Whole ride solo. Of the top 10, I had the 4th fastest run. 

I think I know how Ashleigh Gentle feels 😀

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Nearly as much as Busso.

I cant wait for busso I'm planning to ride with the 4.40 bunch

1 minute ago, RunBrettRun said:

I cant wait for busso I'm planning to ride with the 4.40 bunch

They should introduce pacers like the marathons and sportive rides. 

25 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

They should introduce pacers like the marathons and sportive rides. 

You mean there isnt balloons?  Fark.  Better pick the pack I sit on carefully.

24 minutes ago, roxii said:

What do the numbers on the leg of the uniform represent? 

Ah, this ole question! Number of champions

5 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

Ah, this ole question! Number of champions

So 223 champions? 

Overall?? Australian?? 

The 223 is the number of Australian age group world champions we have had since the ITU started keeping race result records from 2004.

From an email from Alex, the National Age Group Manager

Fair enough. 

Thought they had just dropped a digit from the shire postcode since it is the spiritual home of triathlon greatness in Aus.  :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Nearly as much as Busso.

Is Busso any different to other races? Worlds in SA was a joke, 3000+ guys on the course, Cairns there are no TOs for the last 20kms for safety reasons which everyone is very aware of, they are the two races outside of WA I've done and were worse than Busso.

Not feeling the #oneTeam love at the pool this am

bunch of us had little cheer when we got there and there was a sign saying lanes 1234 AUS (think NZ had 5&6),

great 2 other ppl in  lane all circulating at similar speed :) 

then 5 min later lifeguard tells the "non-elates " :(  to all move over to lane 0 (pop in lane 0:  now 6, combined pop in 1234: 6).

hmmm same one team as the Australian pointscore these days - only applies to Pro's and under 23's

(like it is so hard to run a pointscore (say best 5 performances from ten or so OD events across the country......)

But a big shout out to Alex and the crew for the towels, sunscreen (and the shady lounge)

Late announcement that disc wheels are banned for tomorrow's Olympic distance race due to high winds.  I predict some pretty unhappy people trying to scramble around looking for a replacement.

Can’t believe it ! An announcement not 20 minutes ago stating that disk wheels will not be permitted in race tomorrow due to high winds -  there hasn’t been any change to the weather forecast - it was always going to be windy and the really high winds won’t come through till lunchtime - bikes have been racked and people on Facebook are frantically making requests for spare wheels ! I’m not often inclined to be deeply critical of organizers because I think it’s a tough gig - but this sucks big time !

• Like 1

Can someone tell me about the Aquathlon held earlier in the week. Was it a World Championships race? 

Just now, A2K said:

Can someone tell me about the Aquathlon held earlier in the week. Was it a World Championships race? 

No. It was open to anyone to enter.

5 hours ago, AA7 said:

No. It was open to anyone to enter.

Thanks that's what I thought. I know someone bragging on Facebook about their great result in the Aquathlon worlds. And no it's not Ashley Horner. 

41 minutes ago, A2K said:

Thanks that's what I thought. I know someone bragging on Facebook about their great result in the Aquathlon worlds. And no it's not Ashley Horner. 

Aquathlon Worlds was in Middlefart, Denmark, in July. It was a great day :)

where can i find the results for the AG athletes, trying to see how a friend of mine went, she hasn't posted anything online, normally she would have by now.....no i dont have her phone number to call her and ask.