BogFrog

Swimming stroke question / discussion

3 hours ago, Oompa Loompa said:

Thats your right, I did assume we were talking about a person whose arms stay on the same side of their body as their shoulders.  Yes, if they are that bad, they should get some stroke correction if it matters enough to them.

Ooooh! That's a big assumption! :P  Seriously though, most triathletes I see could do with stroke correction and adding paddles the way they swim now would injure them. These guys & gals are from Olys to IM

37 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

Ooooh! That's a big assumption! :P  Seriously though, most triathletes I see could do with stroke correction and adding paddles the way they swim now would injure them. These guys & gals are from Olys to IM

It wasn’t meant like an ouch.  Guess I’ve had the benefit of some real good coaches when it come to triathlon swimming and I never swam as a kid or anything.  I found the ramblings of Sutton to be exceptional right down to brand of paddles, it just worked for me and that’s probably the rub, we are all different. 

Yep, paddles have potential for injury hence, and dunno if they still make, things like tyr catalyst in five or so different sizes were real good for me, I think I used the smaller three sizes, halved my swim training time (4K sets to 2k sets) and got quicker over iron distance. 

Those stern things were interesting too, he use have some water running ones as well that disappeared with his death. Gary Hall senior was also over in twits and he was a good read too if you search and it’s still there. 

27 minutes ago, Oompa Loompa said:

Yes, the one from west Germany that had the Ironman oz swim record 

:huh: ???