roxii

Cell Bikes Webshop, problems??

Not sure if its a glitch or something more sinister, but on Cell Bikes online store you cant check out. 

I had heard they were doing it tough but hope this is not another store going out?? 

I heard a long time ago that they gone into voluntary administration. 

I placed an online order on the 23rd March and received a confirmation email.

Tried calling them today and the phone sounds like it's been disconnected.

Did a bit of "Google-stalking" and phoned the shop situated next door.

Apparently , suppliers have been re-possessing stock since monday 9th.

Doesn't sound good.

• Sad 1

Bugger Dave

9 hours ago, Dave T said:

Doesn't sound good.

That sucks! 

I nearly placed an order around the same. Dodged a bullet! 

Will it bank sort out the $$ for you?

this shits me...why do businesses that are closing still accept orders online if they are not going to fulfill it, first step i would think is shut down the online shop, its dishonest in my opinion.

12 hours ago, Dave T said:

Doesn't sound good.

If you paid by credit card, you can refuse the payment (within the nominated time). I haven't worked in the card area for ages but it used to be six months for the initial refusal.

FM 

36 minutes ago, KieranR said:

this shits me...why do businesses that are closing still accept orders online if they are not going to fulfill it, first step i would think is shut down the online shop, its dishonest in my opinion.

I feel the same way.  but it happens all the time, places trading like normal right up to the death knell.  Look at the shit that surrounded WOW Sight and Sound and Dick Smiths, both selling gift cards right up to the moment they went into receivership and immediately stopped accepting them!  

I actually lucked out at DS's, as I had a $100 gift card and read the story in the morning it was announced.  Burned down to the store and tried to use it and the girl assisting me was quite helpful, as it kept declining but she did something to bypass it and took it anyway.  She didn't seem to worried about serving customers either and was quite happy to chat away....... don't think she felt she had any longevity in her managers roll there!

22 minutes ago, Flanman said:

If you paid by credit card, you can refuse the payment (within the nominated time). I haven't worked in the card area for ages but it used to be six months for the initial refusal.

FM 

Sent the site an enquiry via their "Contact Us".

Will give them 3 business days to reply, if I haven't heard anything by Friday, I'll use the VISA refund route.

• Like 2

Well, the cellbikes website seems still there, whereas the ayup one says it's down for maintenance....

On 11/04/2018 at 9:09 AM, Dave T said:

Sent the site an enquiry via their "Contact Us".

Will give them 3 business days to reply, if I haven't heard anything by Friday, I'll use the VISA refund route.

To the guy's credit, despite Cell Bikes confirming my Order, they don't appear to have charged my Credit Card. So far nothing fraudulent has happened, so I wish the guy all the best in trying to get his business out of trouble.

Now I've just got to source my order from somewhere else.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Rocket Salad said:

And maybe https://ayup-lights.com now. :shock:

AYUP have been posting on their facebook page about website issues....

whilst they aren't the best on the market...mine after many years are still bullet proof...so hope they are going ok as a small business...

• Like 2

I doubt Ayup are going anywhere, they've got a massive following. I know they're no longer gold standard, but I know the pair I have from over 10 years ago are still going, they also upgraded them at some point that cost next to nothing. One of those companies I cant give enough praise to. Maybe they last too long so we dont buy them enough :lol:

Cell bikes on the other hand, I bought a fair bit of stuff through them at or below cost price for them. They had a really good crack but when they opened up the two bricks and mortar it was always going to be a hard sell. Their prices increased and market share went by the way side. 

RIP CELL Bikes: To be wound down and liquidated

https://insolvencynotices.asic.gov.au/browsesearch-notices/notice-details/Plex-Pty-Ltd-091196342/09365820-a998-4bff-84ae-e64d7e2d242e?appointment=All&noticepurpose=All&noticestate=All&companyname=plex

It appears theres a few other unhappy customers out there (venting on Cell's Facebook page)

16 hours ago, Waza said:

It appears theres a few other unhappy customers out there (venting on Cell's Facebook page)

Going back some time too! Wow. I didnt realise they were so bad

It is with a heavy heart, that after more than 15 years in business, we have had to close Cell Bikes. Changing market dynamics have made trading too difficult to continue operating the Cell Bikes business. Thank you for all of your support over the years.

Our website domain has now been transferred to Bicycles Online. We have great comfort in knowing that our loyal customers will be well looked after by Bicycles Online for any of their future cycling product needs.

Bicycles Online has a similar direct to market business model as we did at Cell Bikes so you can have comfort in knowing that you are still getting great value, and if there is anything that you would like them to carry please let them know.

Kind Regards,

Cell Bikes Team 

1 hour ago, Tyno said:

Changing market dynamics have made trading too difficult to continue operating the Cell Bikes business.

1 hour ago, Tyno said:

Bicycles Online has a similar direct to market business model as we did at Cell Bikes

That doesn't sound too promising for them then.

Bicycles online will start doing better now all the bigger brands have stopped heaping pressure on prices. But even then I’ve noticed they’re no longer bringing in some of the more expensive models. They’ve gone down the bargain basement Reid/Cell bikes model  

There was a point in 2014/15 it wasn’t worth buying anything but one of the brands. Giant had a 105 Propel for $1800 retail and the Di2 model and trek did it with the Edmonda. I think trek still have the 105 edmonda for about $1800 which I reckon is pretty good.