Sign in to follow this  
FatPom

Big bike smaller or small bike bigger?

Had my P3 for a year now. Apart from the stupid hydro Magura brakes, I like it.  Size wise it's been comprosise though, mainly because of required stack, I need to be 'high and long' so I have 56 size which means fewer spacers ( I am 178cm ).  Had two fit sessions on the Guru to make sure. I was looking at an Argon 18 also and the recommendation was for a large in that also.

So it means I'm ok at the front but compromised a bit with leg reach ( I'm running 165 cranks) , have minimal post showing ( which is a slight issue for number fixing and BTS stuff) and of course I have more frame hitting the wind.

i guess it's a bit late now but Mrs FP says I can change it if I want. I probably won't. I just wonder if you were presented with a compromise like that,  which way would have gone?,

I always thought smaller frame other bits to make it bigger was easier and better. 

Stack height in reality is a bit more steerer tube and a spacer or two. If memory serves me there not much between a 54 and 56 stack in a P3 (approx 15mm) and reach is about the same difference. At 6’0 I fit both but always go for the 54 

Edited by willie

9 hours ago, willie said:

I always thought smaller frame other bits to make it bigger was easier and better. 

Stack height in reality is a bit more steerer tube and a spacer or two. If memory serves me there not much between a 54 and 56 stack in a P3 (approx 15mm) and reach is about the same difference. At 6’0 I fit both but always go for the 54 

I rode a mates P5 58cm & didn't have any problems.  I think at 181cm I could ride a 54 or 56