roxii

Commonwealth games chat.

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

I though Australia had it when they went 4pts ahead.

It has been enough for the palace to shelve the plans for moving the "Commonwealth games" to the "Winter Commonwealth games" to make things 'fairer'

9 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

It has been enough for the palace to shelve the plans for moving the "Commonwealth games" to the "Winter Commonwealth games" to make things 'fairer'

What, so they can get slammed by Canada instead of Australia? :)

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

What, so they can get slammed by Canada instead of Australia? :)

I like the bit where Eng won, the best. You probably missed that. :oops:

8 minutes ago, Tyno said:

We love an underdog. Unless it’s the Poms :)

Everybody hates us....

(until they need a handout :lol:)

14 minutes ago, Tyno said:

Jo Griggs dropping bombs after the closing ceremony. Funny AF. 

Ya think. Yup 

2 hours ago, FatPom said:

I like the bit where Eng won, the best. You probably missed that. :oops:

I just have one word for you FP....

'Brexit'

:D

48 minutes ago, The Customer said:

I just have one word for you FP....

'Brexit'

:D

que?

16 minutes ago, The Customer said:

No more 'que'.

You've lost me!

That was some roast by Jo and Basil.

2 hours ago, AA7 said:

That was some roast by Jo and Basil.

I never watched the ceremony (probably a good decision) but were Jo & Basil blasting this the whole way through, or were they towing the line & saying how good it was until social media started slamming it and joining in would be good PR?

Did the athletes enter earlier, like normal with flag bearers, before the broadcast itself happened?  Didn't ch7 have My Kitchen Rules on right before the closing ceremony broadcast???

Honestly, I can't believe 7 had no idea at all that the athletes would be entering before their scheduled broadcast time?

8 minutes ago, goughy said:

Did the athletes enter earlier, like normal with flag bearers, before the broadcast itself happened?  Didn't ch7 have My Kitchen Rules on right before the closing ceremony broadcast???

Honestly, I can't believe 7 had no idea at all that the athletes would be entering before their scheduled broadcast time?

I was also quick to blast channel 7, but they have no control over the footage they can show, it is all provided by a host broadcaster. The athletes were brought in before the ceremony started. 

4 minutes ago, The Customer said:

Has Jo had a little 'work' done? :mummy:

Maybe, she is a grandma in real life now.

10 minutes ago, AA7 said:

I was also quick to blast channel 7, but they have no control over the footage they can show, it is all provided by a host broadcaster. The athletes were brought in before the ceremony started. 

Ah, ok.  I thought they were the host broadcaster!  So, like other countries, they just have the rights to show the footage that is provided to them?  Then the organising committee needs a rocket up their arse!  The whole event is about the athletes - not the sideshow.

15 minutes ago, goughy said:

Ah, ok.  I thought they were the host broadcaster!  So, like other countries, they just have the rights to show the footage that is provided to them?  Then the organising committee needs a rocket up their arse!  The whole event is about the athletes - not the sideshow.

Yep, group called NEP (whoever the heck that is) provides all the footage to the country broadcasters to show in their countries. Although there probably is a bit of random footage of athletes, the marching in aspect was not part of the broadcast footage. Channel 7 was allowed to have one camera in there as they were quite rightly so doing a special bit with Kurt. 

Whilst Seven are busy distancing themselves from the Host Broadcaster after last night, before the Games they were very much a part of the Host Broadcast Team. This from a previous media release.

We are looking forward to being a partner in the production of the global television coverage.

Led by NEP Australia, with the support of production partners the Seven Network (Seven) and Sunset+Vine (S+V)

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

Peter Beattie just copped it from Kochie. He's trying to say they were concerned about athlete welfare and didnt want them standing around for an hour waiting to come in. What BS. I got to be a pretend athlete at the opening ceremony dress rehearsal. We sat in the indoor stadium next door while waiting to go in. They could've done the same and set up a screen for the athletes to watch what was happening before they went in. Then it is a short walk to the stadium.

And it is the end of the games, the athletes want to party and celebrate, they dont care about standing around. I had to get the tram from Surfers to Southport at 2.30am to check in for my vollie shift at the marathon yesterday. The tram was jam packed with drunk athletes. Good on them.

10 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Whilst Seven are busy distancing themselves from the Host Broadcaster after last night, before the Games they were very much a part of the Host Broadcast Team. This from a previous media release.

That would just be trying to big note themselves. They dont have any control of the footage.

They would have known before the event what was going to be shown, and could have requested it. We'll never know I suppose.

But more importantly, did one of the contestants get kicked out of MKR like the 17,000,000 adds for it during the games alluded to?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AA7 said:

'Peter Beattie just copped it from Kochie. He's trying to say they were concerned about athlete welfare and didn't want them standing around for an hour waiting to come in.  What BS...

Agreed.  I'm now definitely not a fan of Beattie being involved in anything to do with sport.  First it was the NRL stuff, and now this...  It's pretty ordinary.

1 hour ago, The Customer said:

Has Jo had a little 'work' done? :mummy:

She looks like she did when she got that great photo of her taken the day after she married Gary sweet carrying in a case of VB on her shoulder while he walked into the house empty handed. One of the best pap photos ever taken in my books. 

• Haha 1