Sign in to follow this  
monkie

Heart Rate Straps

So it looks like I left my HRM Run Garmin strap in a hotel in Singapore. Whoops. Will try and get my brother to pick it up but in the meantime I want a replacement.

Should I just go for a straight replacement? Or are there other brands worth looking at? I would be moderately keen on something that would broadcast over bluetooth to my iPad but would still need it to hook up to my Garmin.

Is it also worth getting a Swim strap? Or a Tri strap? What are the differences?

Cheers,

Monkie

Cool, that does both Bluetooth and ANT+ so will connect to what I want it to. What about the swimming stuff, does anybody use an HRM when swimming?

Scosche Rhythm - absolutely the most reliable HRM I’ve ever had. Goes on your arm (forearm or bicep)  instead of a chest strap - good for me as any chest strap I’ve had was uncomfortable and rubbed. Bluetooth works good with anything (I have it paired to my Garmin Fenix, wahoo bolt, Apple TV for Zwift), so it should be fine with iPad.

I think Wahoo now has an arm HRM now too - same thing. 

I never look at HR when swimming so I’ve never tested it - but I do wear it in races and it works fine once out of the water. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, monkie said:

So it looks like I left my HRM Run Garmin strap in a hotel in Singapore. Whoops. Will try and get my brother to pick it up but in the meantime I want a replacement.

Should I just go for a straight replacement? Or are there other brands worth looking at? I would be moderately keen on something that would broadcast over bluetooth to my iPad but would still need it to hook up to my Garmin.

Is it also worth getting a Swim strap? Or a Tri strap? What are the differences?

Cheers,

Monkie

I'm in Singers (Tiong Bahru) now, so can pick up if you like and bring back to Melbourne Thursday night,  if that's any good to ya?

4 hours ago, \m/ Moshboy \m/ said:

I'm in Singers (Tiong Bahru) now, so can pick up if you like and bring back to Melbourne Thursday night,  if that's any good to ya?

Cheers for the offer Moshboy but it turns out it's not actually at the hotel so has been misplaced elsewhere... I was on a whistlestop Sydney - Singapore - London - Singapore - Sydney in a week trip.

One see me at the shop. I have the wahoo stuff in stock ;) 

I have a 935 now, but with my 910 I used a Mio optical HRM. It was just a watch band type thing that transmitted HR via Ant+ or Bluetooth 

8 hours ago, Slunnie said:

I have a 935 now, but with my 910 I used a Mio optical HRM. It was just a watch band type thing that transmitted HR via Ant+ or Bluetooth 

So you don't have a HRM anymore? 😁

27 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

Do the Tickr transmit ANT+? 

Equipped with Bluetooth & ANT+ technology, the TICKR connects to smartphones, GPS watches and bike computers and verifies it’s reading your heart rate via LED lights.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, willie said:

One see me at the shop. I have the wahoo stuff in stock ;) 

That I shall try and do... if I can't get down could I do it over the phone and pay you for postage?

Cheers,

Monkie

On 04/04/2018 at 11:48 AM, monkie said:

That I shall try and do... if I can't get down could I do it over the phone and pay you for postage?

Cheers,

Monkie

Yep! 

I have the Schosche Rhythm arm band as well. On treadmill will transmit to my Garmin on my wrist and the iPad attached to the treadmill simultaneously. I have found it is more stable than Garmin chest straps, with no massive spikes/drops early in a run.

• Like 2

Another vote for the  Schosche Rhythm. Super reliable and comfortable. My chest strap kept falling down, my man boobs were not big enough to keep it up :wink1:

3 minutes ago, KieranR said:

Can you wash your strap in the washing machine or hand wash it, ive got the Wahoo Tickr?

I just take mine in shower occasionally use shower gel on strap and a cloth to give the 'contact points ' a clean 

• Like 1

Found it! I had left it at my folks' in the UK. So no new one for me for a while!

• Like 2

On 12/04/2018 at 8:13 AM, KieranR said:

Can you wash your strap in the washing machine or hand wash it, ive got the Wahoo Tickr?

I’ve damaged  a Garmin hr strap via the washing machine. Easiest is to give it s rinse in the shower when you finish your exercise. A little warm soapy water, squeeze then hang ( the hr strap that is). 

FM

Edited by Flanman

On 03/04/2018 at 10:13 PM, Slunnie said:

The 935 does Bluetooth Smart (BLE) so you can even use the cheap and nasty ALDI heart rate strap. I bought one for other reasons but when I couldn't find by regular strap (a Majellan ANT+) I gave it a go and it seemed to work fine.