The Customer

Work place politics and millennials

Was witness to a strange meeting between colleagues yesterday.

In brief, a senior and very experienced member of the team (30 years international experience in the field) briefed the team of 5 on a couple of new procedures aimed at streamlining the filing and archiving situation (in short, there is no filing or archiving procedure leaving the office open to lost files and time wasted searching for past work) and also a presentation method to improve the perception of the department in the eyes of the clients.

The youngest Team member, 23 year old female with 1 year industry experience, was visibly upset and strongly resisted the idea to change the way she currently works. At one point she turned to the 56 year old male Dept Head demanding to know if he too supported these new procedures and why hadn't she been involved in discussions before the procedures were presented to the Team as a trial. This young woman graduated with honors and is an Alpha type bringing a lot of life and energy to the office. She is also an only child and still lives at home with her parents - if that helps paint the picture. She has a fun and flirtatious relationship with the Dept Head who enjoys her banter and loves to tease her.

Sitting there watching the whole exchange made me think back to when I was just 1 year out of uni, working as a junior in my first jobs. I wouldn't have dared to react like that and be so dismissive of someone with so much experience making changes to the way work flows through the office, no matter how unnecessary I believed it to be. It looked to me like a young girl having a tantrum and clinging to her father figure to be on her side.

I get the father/daughter connection and that is hard-wired into many young women, but the disrespect she showed to the presenting Team member blew my mind. Is that behaviour a millennial thing or was the young woman right to be angry and protest because she wasn't consulted before the presentation? As I type that sentence, it seems crazy to me.

For those in HR or with similar aged staff or with daughters of similar age, how do you manage a young woman like that? What kind of game do you play to keep her happy? It would be a shame for the Dept to keep wallowing in amateurish, disorganised work methods due to the influence of one staff member. (It should be noted that the three oldest staff members, 48,49 and 56, all agreed with the new procedures to go ahead and demonstrated the most flexibility).

Edited by The Customer

I had one young girl like that work for me, not sure if it was exactly the same or if this kid just had no frontal lobe but the way she talked to me, and anyone else senior to her in the business, staggered all of our team. "You're stupid aren't you"  etc Fully realise they have a whinge behind my back, but face to face was  a bit confronting. We had a conversation about how I would approach speaking to an employer. If I had've done the same when I was 18 I would not have been rostered back on, sacked, done. These days you can't sack them on the spot unfortunately. Karma got her when she failed a prac teaching placement, gave lip to the wrong supervising teacher and wasted 12 months having to repeat the year. Also she went out with Troy from MAFS after meeting him on Tinder. 

In general respect and deference to one's elders is definitely lacking in the yoof of today.

• Thanks 1

Was the experienced team member female, by any chance? That's a whole different ball game. Take her down Grinch.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Parkside said:

Was the experienced team member female, by any chance? That's a whole different ball game. Take her down Grinch.

Appreciated your response Parky as I'm in awe of your girls and thought you'd be all protective of the young woman in a fatherly way (if that makes sense).

As a matter of fact,  the presenter was female :rolleyes: Which also opens up the mother/daughter dynamic as a particularly difficult work relationship. I have noticed that whenever the 56yr old Department Head gets into a convo with the 49yr old female about their similar tastes in music, books and movies, the young woman goes all sullen and quiet. I suspect she is jealous as she is not getting the attention that she used to get when the dept was smaller and she felt like top-dog.

No matter how 'liberated' and 'entitled' these young women seem to think they are, they still go running to the father figure for comfort, just like a daughter would do if they thought their mother was being hard on them.

Let me stress that the young woman is a dynamic and valuable team member with loads of potential but I feel she has an apprenticeship to serve and has a lot to learn. Every time the young woman finally verbalises any issues with the software she's using, the experienced staff member has quickly provided the answer. I feel that is a fair assessment. She's good but not freaky good ie. she's still learning the basics of the software and is working in here own little bubble ie. not sharing or collaborating with the Team. Basically, in her mind, it's her way or the highway.

She also complained to the Dept Head that she doesn't like us talking about things that happened before her generation ie. anything from the 70's, 80's or even 90's (LOL) or if we refer to our age difference. For example, the Dept. Head keeps asking her about this new band called The Beyoncé. It's the office joke that the Dept Head uses in a self-deprecating way when he's feeling old. She thinks we're making fun of her but we're not, we're making fun of ourselves.

Edited by The Customer

You know something, when I was a kid I can't think of a time when I called a mates parent by their first name!  But I can't think of a time when one of my kids friends have called me Mr uh-hum.  I think there is less separation between the generations these days, and the younger see themselves more on par with their seniors.  Plus I think they think their education is teaching them all they need.  Maybe they don't see their education as something that gets them in the door to get the experience.

• Thanks 1

I guess I'm a millennial and I work for a company that deliberately doesn't care how much experience you have. Our hiring policy is that if you hire people with the same experience as you have then you are basically hiring in your own image which is sub optimal. It's similar to when I worked for Merrill Lynch... length of service counted for something but really if you had an idea that made more money then they would listen to you even if that was a grad talking to the CEO. 

On the other hand respect for people and acting professionally sits outside how long you've worked somewhere and how old you are. To sit in a meeting and deliberately (as it sounds from TC's description) game somebody by using a relationship with the boss sounds like a d**k move whoever did it, irrespective of age.

I don’t know to me it just sounds like a junior who needs a bit of coaching.

From all you described above she did not cross any lines, she probably just rubs you the wrong way. 

Could the “problem” be you, not her?

Interesting topic for me TC as father of 2 millennial daughters (25 & 23).

I'd say our eldest has more similar tendencies to the girl you describe in terms of saying her piece/disagreeing to senior team members, but not the the father figure thing, while our youngest is more like us - wouldn't dare confront a more senior person so early in her career.

Having said that, they both have a very strong work ethic & commitment to their organisations - too strong for the hours they put in and the piddling amounts they get paid IMO.

They are massively different personalities - Strangely the one more likely to confront senior colleagues is the one with the least self-confidence.  I think she was molly-coddled too much (not by me), but trial by fire in Sydney has been a good thing, she is becoming much more self-reliant and resilient. On the other hand, I recall her at the age of 3 or 4, telling her Grandmother "you not boss me" :lol:....which we thought was funny cos her Grandmother has been a giant PITA toward her.

In general though, as I've said before, I find females in the workplace much more of a handful than males.  Usually it's female on female vitriol. Our eldest clashed terribly with her female boss in her first job...in part because she said what she thought about work procedures, and no doubt the boss thought "why is this young upstart disagreeing with me".  BTW boss was mid-aged, married, no kid's and seemed to have a pretty dim view of 'kids'.

I don't think it's just young female millennials either.  I have an electrician mate who said the male apprentices were just the same - no respect for seniority, just did what they wanted. I grew up in an environment where you were a good chance of getting a smack around the head if you acted like that, and you couldn't run off to anyone for recompense, cos everyone just knew you deserved it.

1 hour ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

I don't think it's just young female millennials either.  I have an electrician mate who said the male apprentices were just the same - no respect for seniority, just did what they wanted. I grew up in an environment where you were a good chance of getting a smack around the head if you acted like that, and you couldn't run off to anyone for recompense, cos everyone just knew you deserved it.

We have a young genius working for us and he is exactly like that. He operates on a different level to everyone else. The guy is uber smart and when dealing with Engineers and Scientist who have been on the project for 20 years (people who designed, upgraded and maintained the system) Would often say things like "it's really basic, why don't you understand", "it's probably easier and quicker if I just do it" "I'm amazed you got the system to work if you can't understand what I'm trying to explain"

When I first started in the company as a store man these guys would  give me shit and treat me like a dumb ass. So I thought it was awesome for the arrogant pratts to get some of their own medicine.  I would smile every time he made them look stupid. 

It was funny until the boss tasked me with keeping an eye on the kid. The brief "make sure he doesn't get the shit kicked out of him, try to limit the number of people he fks off and don't dampen his enthusiasm" One of our biggest challenges is finding new task for him. If he becomes stale or bored he will leave and go to another business. We give him time off work so he can go & do projects with University etc.

I call him Ranga Sheldon and now people have started calling me Penny. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

...The brief "make sure he doesn't get the shit kicked out of him, try to limit the number of people he fks off and don't dampen his enthusiasm"

When you're done there if you could cure cancer and fix world hunger, that'd be great.

Strangely enough, since being in the role I am now, the only problem I've had with any staff member has been a 20 something woman/girl. We work flexible hours, and start anywhere between 6am and 9am. I'm usually in by about 7:30. This girl was new to the group, and was still at the stage of being unable to work independently, yet complained to the section manager when I said she couldn't start till 7:30, as there may not be anybody in the office to work with her. She was one step from going to the union about it. It was day 3 that she complained that she couldn't start when she wanted to.

25 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

We have a young genius working for us and he is exactly like that.

I don't know if I'd say genius (though he did get a 6.9GPA at for his Engineering degree), but I recently grabbed back a holiday student we took on 2 years ago. He was 27 and had previously run his own software company in England before coming home to Aus & doing his Engineering degree. We kept him on 3 days a fortnight after his 12 weeks while he finished his final year, but another section grabbed him full time before we could. About 6 months ago I had a position come up, so let him know & he won it. Brilliant, proactive, professional, and the most well-mannered and respectful person you could ever imagine. The guy is going to go a long way.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

16 minutes ago, gregb said:

When you're done there if you could cure cancer and fix world hunger, that'd be great.

He's learning the hard way. He pissed off the travel coordinator the other week. 

I managed to get a direct flight home from Brisbane. He got booked on a flight via Sydney with a 2 hour stop over. I took a photo of the empty seat next to me & text it to him. 

I honestly think it has to do with technology and the way the current generation are brought up.

They spend so little time interacting face to face and communicating verbally that they don't understand how to manage a conversation with someone, especially someone not of their own generation.

My kids are both pretty cluey, but are petrified of answering the phone, going into a shop and asking for something or going to a job interview or ringing someone on the phone. If they could get through life via sms or typing stuff into a chat they'd be just fine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bored@work said:

and now people have started calling me Penny. 

I think this could stick, Penny!

TC, this young woman needs putting in her place.  Being peeved by not being consulted before a coaching session.  Sheesh!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Parkside said:

They spend so little time interacting face to face and communicating verbally that they don't understand how to manage a conversation with someone, especially someone not of their own generation.

This is so true. I have no idea how my 16 year old boy is going to handle the real world. I hope he surprises me, but at this point he gets worried having to go into a shop on his own. At 5, dad would send me up the road to the shops to buy his tobacco & papers.

Though our girls spent/spend a lot of time on social media, texting etc., they go alright in the real world actually talking to people and working shit out face to face.

One that blew us away was our youngest at a Lions Club Public speaking comp in Yr12.  One of the talks was a topic they were given 90 secs before, and they had to talk on it for 2mins.  Many kids started repeating stuff & stumbling after 30secs, she blitzed it, with fresh material every sentence.  The Mrs & I were gobsmacked, as was everyone else at our table. 

Our eldest went solo for 6mths of Uni exchange in Oslo...in Winter!, and 5 weeks solo to the US, and about to go another 2wks solo in San Franscisco. No way I'd have done that solo in my 20's.  She found some  poor German bloke on the train in Oslo to drag her 30kg suitcase 1km thru the snow in to her digs :lol:

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bored@work said:

We have a young genius working for us and he is exactly like that. He operates on a different level to everyone else. The guy is uber smart and when dealing with Engineers and Scientist who have been on the project for 20 years (people who designed, upgraded and maintained the system) Would often say things like "it's really basic, why don't you understand", "it's probably easier and quicker if I just do it" "I'm amazed you got the system to work if you can't understand what I'm trying to explain"

Does your company do Myers Briggs?  I'm guessing he's INTF or INTJ if you wanted to google for advise on what ticks them off, what works etc.  My current company puts alot of training into understanding ourselves and those we work with.  Myers Briggs, used to do DISC (but don't have a qualified instructor inhouse at present), 5 disfunctions and lot of others.  The way the teams work with each other and within themselves is the best of any company I've seen and the growth and performance of the company is also the best of any I've seen.

The whole generational thing I find to be blown out, they are however more adaptable and understanding of disruptions to the business environments and some of the older players are still blindsided to what is happening.  There are some though that need to learn some basic diplomacy

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tortoise said:

TC, this young woman needs putting in her place.  Being peeved by not being consulted before a coaching session.  Sheesh!

Thanks T. I think it's as simple as that.

Took a bit of a leap of faith and bought the HD a beer last night. Ended up a 3 hour chat. He mentioned the 'tantrum' word before I had to and is exactly on the same page. He referred to her as the 'young one' and reiterated that he won't allow the bad attitude of one to impede the progress of the whole department. What I learnt was, she was told that we would be talking about filing, archiving and presentation a week before the meeting and yet she came totally unprepared, simply thinking that we would come up with a plan for all 3 issues within a single lunch meeting. My HD said I was the only one in five that took initiative to prepare for the meeting, spent time presenting a trialed and tested strategy and had a list of strong reasons why this was needed. The others were just there for a free lunch! I hadn't even noticed that.

My HD said he was so disappointed by her attitude that he has decided to scrap the 'trial' period of the new procedures and make them permanent. He also strongly suggested to her in her annual appraisal (last week) that she consider her career options as he thinks she's being mollycoddled in her current job and won't develop much ie. she won't get the hard life lessons that she needs :D

Edited by The Customer
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, The Customer said:

Thanks T. I think it's as simple as that.

Took a bit of a leap of faith and bought the HD a beer last night. Ended up a 3 hour chat. He mentioned the 'tantrum' word before I had to and is exactly on the same page. He referred to her as the 'young one' and reiterated that he won't allow the bad attitude of one to impede the progress of the whole department. What I learnt was, she was told that we would be talking about filing, archiving and presentation a week before the meeting and yet she came totally unprepared, simply thinking that we would come up with a plan for all 3 issues within a single lunch meeting. My HD said I was the only one in five that took initiative to prepare for the meeting, spent time presenting a trialed and tested strategy and had a list of strong reasons why this was needed. The others were just there for a free lunch! I hadn't even noticed that.

My HD said he was so disappointed by her attitude that he has decided to scrap the 'trial' period of the new procedures and make them permanent. He also strongly suggested to her in her annual appraisal (last week) that she consider her career options as he thinks she's being mollycoddled in her current job and won't develop much ie. she won't get the hard life lessons that she needs :D

Crikey... I hope I never end up working for your company TC...

• Like 1

Whilst we’ve always looked at the right cultural fit of recruits for the business, there has been a dramatic change in this criteria. There is now a 30 min  questionaire. Once you start you cannot stop and it has a timed cut off. If you fail, you cannot cannot get a job nor apply for a position for another 12 months. It is a cultural questionaire. Out of five people, I have only know of one millennial that has passed. 

FM

53 minutes ago, Flanman said:

Whilst we’ve always looked at the right cultural fit of recruits for the business, there has been a dramatic change in this criteria. There is now a 30 min  questionaire. Once you start you cannot stop and it has a timed cut off. If you fail, you cannot cannot get a job nor apply for a position for another 12 months. It is a cultural questionaire. Out of five people, I have only know of one millennial that has passed. 

FM

No questions about virtue signalling then? :lol:

4 hours ago, The Customer said:

Why? Does the idea of going to a meeting prepared with strategy and solutions worry you? :huh:

It sounds from the description like a place filled with politics and statusophiles... I could be completely wrong but neither the description of the original incident (including a workshop on filing) nor the description of the resolution make it sound like a place to aim for...

• Like 2

Single

Edited by Rog

Double

Edited by Rog

4 minutes ago, Rog said:

My HD said he was so disappointed by her attitude that he has decided to scrap the 'trial' period of the new procedures and make them permanent. He also strongly suggested to her in her annual appraisal (last week) that she consider her career options as he thinks she's being mollycoddled in her current job and won't develop much ie. she won't get the hard life lessons that she needs

That’s her greatest contribution to your meeting, which clearly should never have happened in the first place if he actually told everyone what was happening instead  wasting 4 or 5 people’s times talking about archiving files.

• Like 1

I'm a bit amazed by the profiling etc. some of you mention your companies do for recruiting.  The only time I've experienced anything like that was for an ASIO job interview :huh:

26 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

I'm a bit amazed by the profiling etc. some of you mention your companies do for recruiting.  The only time I've experienced anything like that was for an ASIO job interview :huh:

One of my roles in Oz involved a 3hr online profile screening and a 3hr psychometric test at their offices, conducted by an independent 3rd party examiner. The test was pretty tough, various themes and workbooks. I was told how long I had for each exercise but was not allowed a phone or watch and there were no clocks in the room. As soon as one test was finished, the examiner walked in the room, took the pages and then put new ones down and walked out again.

I got the job (Lord knows how :lol:)

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, FatPom said:

One of my roles in Oz involved a 3hr online profile screening and a 3hr psychometric test at their offices, conducted by an independent 3rd party examiner. The test was pretty tough, various themes and workbooks. I was told how long I had for each exercise but was not allowed a phone or watch and there were no clocks in the room. As soon as one test was finished, the examiner walked in the room, took the pages and then put new ones down and walked out again.

I got the job (Lord knows how :lol:)

Perhaps they were just testing if you were prepared to sit in the room and put up with that type of shit.

1 hour ago, Rog said:

That’s her greatest contribution to your meeting, which clearly should never have happened in the first place if he actually told everyone what was happening instead  wasting 4 or 5 people’s times talking about archiving files.

How else would you communicate to the group about new procedures? Morse code via pan pipes as they filled in time sheets?

11 minutes ago, XCOM! said:

Perhaps they were just testing if you were prepared to sit in the room and put up with that type of shit.

It was for a finance/IT company, so they probably thought it was normal. :lol:

2 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Our HR dept use profiling to select applicants to put forward to us when we advertise. Two out of the last 3 successful applicants failed the profiling, but I knew they had applied and they were more suitable than most put forward, so I asked that they be included after the list was sent to me. Similar experiences with other managers in other states. It makes you wonder how many good applicants never get to first base because of some quirk with their application.

Jeeze, in my industry if they turn up on their first day your on a winner!  Heck, if they turn up within an hour of the start time it's great!  I gave an apprenticeship to one guy and first day he turned up an hour late and told me he had to go to stanthorpe to help a mate with his business for a few weeks, but he'll be back after that!  He was genuinely shocked when I told him to not bother.  Best worker I've ever had, never late, would work late if needed, could barely get him to sit down and take lunch.  Had him upholstering stuff within 3 months.  Then he decided to rob a convenience store and that was that.  I guess at least this time he used a knife, the time before I didn't know about that he'd just got out of jail for he'd used a gun!  So in a way I guess I was lucky he didn't rob me (he knew our till had nothing in it).  But he wrote me a great letter from prison, apologising for letting me down, thanked me for giving him a chance,  and explained the situation he was in and needed to get away from and it just happened.  Understood even more when his 30+ girlfriend with 4 kids (he was 19) turned up demanding whatever was left of his pay from me..........

There's a reason my trade is dying!

6 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Our HR dept use profiling to select applicants to put forward to us when we advertise. Two out of the last 3 successful applicants failed the profiling, but I knew they had applied and they were more suitable than most put forward, so I asked that they be included after the list was sent to me. Similar experiences with other managers in other states. It makes you wonder how many good applicants never get to first base because of some quirk with their application.

I once applied for an IT position for a large well known company and they went down the track of insisting that all applicants do an online  profiling test that had absolutely nothing to do with IT and everything to do with determining how many little blocks were in a picture.  Got about 15 minutes into this test before I pulled the plug. Rang up their HR dept and told them I was withdrawing my application because I refuse to work for any company that felt the need to put their applicants through that before they would even interview them.

For some reason they seemed seriously disappointed 

• Like 1

Profiling at the start of the process is a waste of time and shows the recruiters really have little clue. We use it as the second last step in the recruitment process - by then we have one or two at the most final candidates.  From the profile we get areas to dive into with questions for the final interview, however for most of the time we have a good grasp on what the candidate is like so very few cases where any flags come up.

At just over $1K per test, anyone interviewing every candidate is wasting alot of good money

On 02/04/2018 at 7:49 AM, The Customer said:

How else would you communicate to the group about new procedures? Morse code via pan pipes as they filled in time sheets?

Our place does on-line training.  Normally with sound attached, often unnecessary. Totally useless. 

I have a backlog of online training I need to do and I keep getting reminders to do it. Most of it is about stuff I will never ever need to know, such as, is VAT added to the purchase of an office fridge!?!?!?!?

7 hours ago, The Customer said:

I have a backlog of online training I need to do and I keep getting reminders to do it. Most of it is about stuff I will never ever need to know, such as, is VAT added to the purchase of an office fridge!?!?!?!?

I have online training on what to do if there is an active shooter in the building. How to spot the signs of domestic violence etc. Accepting gifts from vendors, bullying and harassing in the work force, labor charging, etc 

I have to do them every year. After 9 years I almost know every training video word for word. The company supplies a charge code & it's one of the T&C of my employment. So I do them every year. 

Pain in the ass but I have to get it done. 

They are a bit like filling in a time sheet. I'm on a project and charge 38 hours to the sam code every week no matter what hours I do. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

I'm on a project and charge 38 hours to the sam code every week no matter what hours I do. 

I was doing that until a few years ago when work started ramping up to ridiculous amounts, and we were doing 55hrs plus every week. We pushed our case for more staff, but HR came back with "It shows here that no-one is doing any more than 38 hours a week, so why do you need more staff?"

Since then we've always shown our real hours, and have let the finance people worry about what to charge to what project.

Update on last Friday's tantrum: The HD gave her another chance to present a better filing system today. Told her last Friday to have a good think about it and present viable alternatives. So we're sitting in a circle and HD looks at her says, well, do you have any thoughts on last Friday's proposal? She says, well, I thought we could all 'brainstorm' it as a Team. HD says, never mind, let's go with the original presentation. Still, she didn't learn.

My last role had all of those online courses ad nauseum to be done.  I had my manager (The country HR Director) on my back about not getting them done.  I asked him whether he thought it was interesting that the latest course was on 'ethics' and what he though the ethics were of asking someone working in excess of 70 hours a week to waste another hour of their own time to do the same course over and over.  Don't think I ever got an answer and didn't do that course again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

Pain in the ass but I have to get it done. 

Dilbert has a cartoon for every office scenario. :D

F8971D0F-A02A-4A23-9015-A2729531A1CF.jpeg

• Like 1

I have encountered quite a few Millennials in various workplaces and found them to be quite varied in experience and attitude - I also don't think you can tar them all with the same brush. Some think brattish behaviour is what is standard and some are so quiet and timid because they have never held a job after finishing school or Uni. I do think that technology has had an impact and some of this is for the best, some for the worst. 

As an example, I know one "kid" who would routinely email colleagues sitting two rows away from him, rather than going to talk to the colleague. He was afraid of communicating as most of his communication experiences were online. He would rather send 6 emails and wait weeks for the responses, than engage with the recipients and resolve points in hours! Another candidate for a role walked out of the interview when told we weren't supplying her with a MacBook Air (and the fact that she stated "You get the best [candidate's name] after 11:30, so that's when I would like to start work each day")*** and reconfiguring a £1.3B SAP rollout around her preference for IT hardware!

That said, I have learned a lot from engaging with them - and we cannot stop the flood of Millennials coming into the workplace. I have learned cool things with IT from them, alternative views on established positions and challenges to existing practices. I hope that they have learned a lot about practical thinking from me.

*** I still love the fact she referred to herself in the third person!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rimmer said:

That said, I have learned a lot from engaging with them - and we cannot stop the flood of Millennials coming into the workplace. I have learned cool things with IT from them, alternative views on established positions and challenges to existing practices. I hope that they have learned a lot about practical thinking from me.

The millennials at work help keep me upto date with urban slang & fashion. Fingers crossed my daughter will want to hang out with me for a little longer. 

• Like 1

I suspect my millenial boss doesnt like me. I call her sharon instead of shannon. When she approached me at a social function she was dressed like a air hostess , so i aske her to give me some cashews.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Bored@work said:

The millennials at work help keep me upto date with urban slang & fashion. Fingers crossed my daughter will want to hang out with me for a little longer. 

I use urbandictionary.com for that ... I have learned some things I wouldn't want to ask someone in the workplace!

• Haha 1

All I know from my daughter is it's all about the banter, gotta have good banter.

And mum and dad can both be referred to as dude!

And they all start off so innocent-like.......though in hindsight my two seemed to be giving the daycare photographer a WTF look :lol:

Girls20+YrsLater.jpg

• Like 1