Peter

Journalism and Media is shit

That's hilarious 😂 how sure are we it's not fake? Almost impossible to tell these days.

Edited by dazaau
  • Like 1

The days of just telling the facts is long gone.  Everything has to be sensationalised and all the media outlets have an agenda.

And news.com.au should be fined for false advertising because there ain't a lot of news on there.  opinionpiece.com.au would probably be a more appropriate URL.

• Like 2

Yes, news.com.au has really gone to shit, even more so since the advertising went ballistic the last few months.

I did media production, communications and some journalism at uni.  In some ways I'm glad I never finished cause I know if have started out as a cameraman for a station, probably sticking my camera in the face of people who really don't want it there.

One of my major and most successful pieces of assessment was a presentation on sensationalism in the media, and that was 30 years ago. It is so much worse now!  

13 hours ago, Peter said:

Example one 

CNN

IMG_1401.PNG

CNN are just fine when they're trying to blame Marco Rubio for a school shooting though...

It did, and didn't.  Their guilt was never contested.  Only the money, and it disappoints me that got changed.  Cause I've been waiting for years for someone to stand up to the crap that goes on.  And seeing what happened in the end with Wilson's, less people will try now.  

5 hours ago, Parkside said:

https://www.smh.com.au/culture/music/daniel-johns-sues-sunday-telegraph-for-defamation-over-bondage-story-20190918-p52spe.html

Daniel Johns sueing Telegraph for defamation. If his claims are true I hope someone throws the book at the paper and he cleans up.