Flanman

MAFS

One of the real issues I have with holidays is watching the tv with the missus ( my penance). I am watching “Married at first sight”. For f@ck sake, I have not been so sick with absolute depression watching this. I cannot and will not understand why people watch this ABOSOLUTE SHIT. The only minute aspect of this would be a phsycology paper on fwits and losers. I am really concerned with my missus and daughter that watch AND ENJOY this dribble. 

FM

Edited by Flanman
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

My wife watches the same shit!!!!! She out with my daughter on a girls night out at the movies. I'm at hoe with the dog watching MAFS by myself.

• Haha 1

At least my wife is of the same opinion as me. "Reality TV is crap!". We also have not seen a total of more than 5 minutes of this series, and that would be a combined total as we flick across the channels for the past few weeks since it started. 

I really don't know why these types of shows, and the MKR etc shows rate so well. Is there that little else to do in the world? Generally, I would rather come into the study, log on to Trannies and have a couple of scotches.

I have had 6 beers, a can of bourbon and a bottle of red. This shit is totally fu@ked.  

My missus just asked what I am typing. Oh, problem. Just got the cold shoulder. Oops. 

FM

The funny thing is, I am up in Port with my missus and son. My daughter is also here with a mfriend and they are watching it too. 

I cannot fathom that this is the “event of my life”. 

FM

• Haha 1

Please, everyone turn it on. We need more people to add to the “mental health” thread. As the Beach Boys sand , HELP ME RHONDA. 

FM

Mick, I don’t watch it either, but I can tell you your mate Nasser on MAFS used to be a tri dude with the Brats. I funnily enough remember him vaguely. 

A friend of mine picked this out after about 3 weeks in.

NOOOOOOO !!!! That crap show finished and now it “Date Night”. Please someone kill me. 

FM

Batchelor in paradise starts Sunday!

Every time I see an ad for MAFS, or see them tell their family what they're doing and they get all up in arms, I scream at the tv, "they're not actually getting married!"

Agree Ironnerd, although I am tempted to watch the Honey Badger on the Batchelor next series, think his one liners might be worth it if they don't censor him too much

• Like 1

My daughter was watching it but I think even she has had enough, and I assume she would be in their target demographic. 

We now have a ratings box at home, so Ive told the kids they cant watch any reality TV in case it makes the ratings people think its popular. :lol: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cottoneyes said:

Agree Ironnerd, although I am tempted to watch the Honey Badger on the Batchelor next series, think his one liners might be worth it if they don't censor him too much

And that is exactly why they picked him... 

13 minutes ago, goughy said:

And that is exactly why they picked him... 

I guess it is better than how the Bachelor started in the USA with a "rich dude" and 25 gold diggers...

It's voyeurism. And gossip. And drama. The producers of these shows are low life scum who will stoop to anything to get ratings. And the presence of so called experts is a thinly veiled attempt to give the whole thing some credibility.

48 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Disappointed that Tracey hasn't punched Davina in the face

By the look of her I think someone already has :wallbash:

• Like 2

More brownie points. My Kitchen Rules is on tonight. I will just smile and keep drinking, nodding and have my mouth and eyes wide open - because......SOMEONE GETS KICKED OFF TONIGHT !!!!

FM ( now stands for F*ck Me)

Nooooooo !  I’ve just been told that MAFS is on tonight and that MKR is being taped. Help me .....

FM

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bored@work said:

My wife watches the same shit!!!!! She out with my daughter on a girls night out at the movies. I'm at hoe with the dog watching MAFS by myself.

Stikman watches it in his own when I am at work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Having seen enough articles, ads, and what I've caught when my wife watches it on 9now, I hate my first name now!  It's tainted... 

Tracy's new partner is a total flog. Why is he getting all fired up an aggressive? He knew she had been banging Dean & on holidays around Aus with him for the last 6 weeks.

I like how Dean twisted it in to "sexting pic" rather than a "fk you buddy this is the bod & lingerie the new fella is getting text" 

Little man from Perth would get destroyed if he stepped up against Dean. 

Classic little man with some money from FIFO work WA flog, I'm surprised he didn't wear HI-VIS on the show. 

I've never watched this show, but if I did I'd reckon Deano got set up. Sure he messed up, but Tracey should have let him go then and there.  Instead she keeps going, being as nice as pie and leading him on so Deano falls in love with her and, when she has him right when she wants him, -BAMMM!!! it's revenge time.  What a nasty pastie - Davina's shenanigans were very lightweight in comparison.   

• Haha 1

About a week ago when she decided to leave him, she said that that was exactly what she was doing - continually saying "stay" to his leave to punish him for the Davina shit.  Everyone thought it was "choice" (in the words of Ferris Bueller).  All I've read about the whole show is how Dean's the man's man, and how he's running the whole shebang with him and her and the boss of everything, and then she flicks it around and shows him he's been owned the whole time.

Classic reality tv stuff....... if you like that stuff.

And **** me, I clearly dropped my man card outside the Ed Sheeran concert last night......

19 minutes ago, goughy said:

And **** me, I clearly dropped my man card outside the Ed Sheeran concert last night......

I grudgingly went to see Ed Sheeran at Etihad and was all ready to be bored shirtless by a folksy ballad singer... 

Bug -ger me if it wasn't one the best and most entertaining performances I've even seen.  This guy is awesome. :)

Loved Bliss and Eso the opening act but second act Missy Higgins did fulfill my original expectations many times over.... :(

I didn't go in..... I wasn't paying a couple hundy to stand for 5 hours with my daughter and her posse.....

Hence why I dropped it outside, not inside!

Ok really tv peeps....

Now that MAFS is done my Mrs needs something else to replace it with.  She watched it late at night before the Kardashians so something that's available on catchup, or Netflix or something!  She watched all the available RPA's, One Born Every Minute, and 24 Hours In Emergency's.

Anything else with a gander for her?

8 minutes ago, goughy said:

Anything else with a gander for her?

I am currently watching all 493 episodes of the oj Simpson trial.  things are grim for my viewing. 

1 hour ago, goughy said:

Ok really tv peeps....

Now that MAFS is done my Mrs needs something else to replace it with. 

I suggested my wife start watching some cooking shows............. 

I went to my Mum's for tea tonight. 

• Haha 2

Before we had a term for it, what was the first Reality Show you can remember watching?

I'm not sure if the '7UP' series from the UK counts but I reckon the first one as we know we know it for me would have been 'Sylvannia Waters'.

28 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Before we had a term for it, what was the first Reality Show you can remember watching?

I'm not sure if the '7UP' series from the UK counts but I reckon the first one as we know we know it for me would have been 'Sylvannia Waters'.

Neighbours was real, wasn't it?

I remember Sylvania Waters. I think it showed you could make television that people would watch without much budget to make it. 

11 hours ago, FatPom said:

Yeah the Donahers. That was some classic stuff. 

I drive through Sylvania Waters once or twice a week so constantly reminded of it. 

Wife and daughter sitting on the edge of their seats atm..... Bach time!

On 23/03/2018 at 9:31 AM, roxii said:

Yeah the Donahers. That was some classic stuff. 

I drive through Sylvania Waters once or twice a week so constantly reminded of it. 

My in-laws lived at Sylvania Waters at the time.  They didn't tell many people that. Lived next to a large prestige car dealer franchise owner and George Freeman's bagman

I lived in Sylvania Waters at the time and used to see him at the local shops. 

Remember that series The Shire where none of the people actually lived in The shire?  The home used as the Lebanese family's home was just around the corner from the Donahers. The production company rented it for the show.

• Like 1

Interesting developments with Daniel Webb. Did anybody here know he was disappearing from the set of MAFS each fortnight to fly home to visit his local police station as a part of his bail conditions after being charged a couple years ago for his part in a telemarketing fraud scheme. He will be fronting court this week instead of celebrating his new marriage. 

I cannot believe this thread came up today. I sat in front of the TV with the missus last night. She looked at MAFS on the screen, I looked at the small spider above it - FOR 45 MINUTES.

Please send me to the dentist.

FM

14 minutes ago, Flanman said:

I cannot believe this thread came up today. I sat in front of the TV with the missus last night. She looked at MAFS on the screen, I looked at the small spider above it - FOR 45 MINUTES.

Please send me to the dentist.

FM

I'm lucky my wife hates all those reality style shows (not that you could call this reality by a long shot). I don't even have to watch those cooking shows or anything. :)