IronmanFoz

Free Ironman Entry to a North American Race

13 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Oggles of Goggles:

On instagram "AEGEND Official" started following me and then over Easter had a competition for 2 pairs of there latest Goggles:

I used the same catch phrase as before: what is plural for goggles?......it's 'oggles', hence you need "oggles of goggles".

And today I was announced one of 3 winners: Woohoo.

Anyway.... Back to Bored@work.- whats the latest update with the trip to do Ironman Maryland!

So now you have Oogles of Goggles? 

13 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Anyway.... Back to Bored@work.- whats the latest update with the trip to do Ironman Maryland!

Maryland is locked & loaded. Flights are not booked yet but my wife is watching the sales like a hawk. 

Weighing in at 78kg & riding like a demon at the moment. I'm using Norton Summit as an indicator of my progress.  I set my PB up there in 2014 towards the end of an Ironman prep with a stomping tail wind. Last two times I have been up (1 x tired legs, 1 strong head wind) I was with in 7 & 20 sec of my PB.  

Started back running. It's a struggle but getting better. My daughter wants to smash all the boys in the school fun run (3km) later in the year. So she is harassing me  daily to go running. Currently running 5:45 pace down from 6:47 pace when we first started. I then head out for another 8km after I drop her back home. 

Managed 160km on Sunday (Clare classic grand fondo) hot, windy & rolling hills. All up 16hrs of training last week. Still haven't started swimming but there is still plenty of time for that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have also been doing more road racing. That is just another level of pain. A couple of weeks ago I raced a 66km road race, got into a five man break away with 45km to go. I was holding on for dear life, got dropped on the final climb with 2km to go. Still loved it and plan on racing a lot more over winter. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roxii said:

So now you have Oogles of Goggles? 

Soon will. And I think you mean Oggles not Oogles :)

Edited by IronmanFoz

4 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

Soon will. And I think you mean Oggles not Oogles :)

Cant understand why spell check didn't pick that up??  :lol: 

BUMP:

Bored@work - Fan favourite Dave Norton is on the hunt.

Dave has taken up this entry and has trained well on all accounts. Even lost a few kilo's so he says.

I would say he is currently somewhere between New York and Maryland.

Keep an eye out for him racing this weekend.

http://AP - "ironman legend".ironman.com/triathlon/events/americas/ironman/maryland.aspx

Good luck Dave. PB coming up!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Peter said:

If he doesnt go sub 10:30 he needs to retire. 

He already has, remember?

The John Farnham of Triathlon.

• Haha 1

I hope he's reading. I need to place an order for some (a lot of)  Roka stuff from the expo...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, pieman said:

I hope he's reading. I need to place an order for some (a lot of)  Roka stuff from the expo...

I’d probably wait ;) just sayin’

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

Have a great race @Bored@work

You're a legend 👍👍👍

No he isn't.  He's a bald guy.

He doesn't even own a TT bike FFS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Limited said:

Sunnies??

Hope so.. I'm starting to believe the 10 emails a day they send me telling me how good they are...