IronmanFoz

Free Ironman Entry to a North American Race

Morning all,

I have a Entry to a Ironman race to be used in either the US or Canada up for grabs to a deserving trannie. Has to be a 2018 race.

How is this so: Before xmas, there was an Instagram post by Ironman title paid promotion from "travelway" (a luggage company in the US). They were giving a way an free entry to Mont Tremblant for the best entry to the questions.......what's in your gear bag? I was reading a lot of responses and thought how boring and thought again....how easy would this be to win.

So..... I put in my comments which was: "You can never have too many pairs of goggles in your race bag and what is plural for goggles?......it's 'oggles', hence you need "oggles of goggles".

They contacted me on xmas day for the free entry which I cannot use due to my daughter being in the middle of HSC. So I have asked if this can be gifted to a fellow athlete.

PS: The original entry was for Mont Tremblant.

So..................... one of you trannies are being gifted a free Ironman entry to a US based race (excl Hawaii). If multiple people want it then I will have Roxii pull a name from a hat..... only serious contenders please.

Cheers

Foz

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Will close off at the end of the week for those interested.

Maybe this may even entice some out of retirement.....

Edited by IronmanFoz
  • Like 1

Geebus... I’m coming out of retirement (not because of this, decision was already made!) Maybe I’ll finally go under 13hrs and become a real Ironman :o 

pretty sure my wife loves the US she’ll be up for the trip and won’t say no. 

Edited by willie
  • Like 2

If it could be swapped for a half I'd be keen.

But happy for someone wanting to do a full to get it.

Congratulations on winning.  Good to know someone wins

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Limited said:

I didn't think anyone ever won these prizes

IronmanFoz has the Midas touch. He also won the paint a rock competition at Port Mac :D

I’m just about to sign up for Coeur D’Alene 70.3 to catch up with my mates in the states from Yakima. But like Peter said, it should go to a full IM first.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, iFoz said:

IronmanFoz has the Midas touch. He also won the paint a rock competition at Port Mac :D

I’m just about to sign up for Coeur D’Alene 70.3 to catch up with my mates in the states from Yakima. But like Peter said, it should go to a full IM first.

My buddies are doing that race 

Hey Foz could be keen! Got Busso in May, worlds in September and Busso full in december, so will discuss with the missus and see if it's possible at all. cheers :)

Some people have all the luck

29 minutes ago, iFoz said:

I can't even win at the local meat raffle

Just sent my hubby an email asking him what he thinks about a trip o's:rolleyes:

30 minutes ago, Limited said:

Some people have all the luck

I can't even win at the local meat raffle

I won 3 meat raffles one night from 4 tickets. The problem was it was in Clermont, and I was staying in a dingey motel room with no cooking facilities. I had to give them away, though that did keep me stocked with beer for a few nights. :) 

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Like 2

Hi Folks,

It is available for the 70.3 as well. Preference will go to The full Ironman as long as it's going to be used.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

as it's going to be used.

... that counts me out then ;)

Seriously, great job IronmanFoz! Super stuff.

3 hours ago, zed said:

Hey Foz could be keen! Got Busso in May, worlds in September and Busso full in december, so will discuss with the missus and see if it's possible at all. cheers :)

But it's not in Busso..... :P

40 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

But it's not in Busso..... :P

I just need to find a superflat race!

I've already entered IM Mont-Tremblant otherwise I'd definitely be up for it.

Hopefully there will be another trannie to catch up with for a post race beer.

• Like 2

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:02 AM, willie said:

Geebus... I’m coming out of retirement...

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:26 AM, Bored@work said:

This would get me out retirement.......

Me too...  I've been dabbling with some off-road and multisport stuff, but this could tempt me back out of my Ironman retirement.

4 hours ago, POT said:

Hopefully there will be another trannie to catch up with for a post race beer.

Now that would definitely drag me out of retirement!!!  :thumbsup:

Would need to check with the wife though, I'm sure she'd hate a trip to Canada!

PS - Well done Andrew, you've definitely got a gift with the competitions...  Want to go halves in a Powerball entry? :lol:.

Would love to give each and everyone a free entry if I could and I really wanted it to be the full ironman. long way to go for a half!!

The person chosen was the first to reach out to me.

He firstly said....."is this a troll post". Fortunately for him it was not.

His second mail to me was....I already have leave approved by work. (Note: this was before anyone had even posted on the forum).

And he is also coming out of retirement to do it....so his mails suggests. Love it!!!

Just had a quick call with Roxii to find out who this dude is..... and he agreed that nearly everyone would be very happy for him to get it!!!!

So.... the WINNER is:

Bored@work 

Bored at work. send me a mail with your full name and email address. Ironman are waiting for you.

Enjoy!!!! And stay in touch!

Edited by IronmanFoz
  • Like 6

Congrats Bored@work...  Yep, very happy for him to get it.

I've already cancelled a week off my Holidays in June just in case I got a start.  Wife was keen as, and even I'm now really keen to check out this Mont Tremblant event...   Might have to fork out a few dollars and actually go anyway, sounds like it's a great event.

Well done again on winning the competition, and even more so for gifting it to someone else :thumbsup:.

• Like 2

It's good he won given he lives in the USA 6 months of the year. 

This whole post makes me very happy! Well done Bored@, what a gift.

And Foz I need to get your box back to you. It worked an absolute treat thank you. I'll text you tomorrow!

• Like 1

Good on yer IronmanFoz for gifting the win. (Us Fozs are good blokes :D).

Great result. Bored@ I trust you’re going to take us all along (on the forum) for the shopping trip to renew all your tri kit you just sold off. 😜

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bored@work said:

My plan was to concentrate on my career, study, getting a new house and one other thing that I still want to keep under wraps. 

Then at 2pm today I received an email confirming I'll get another crack at the thing I tried 22 years ago & failed. 

Good luck, I hear the surgery is much improved these days.

you will make a wonderful woman “davina” :lol: 

• Haha 3

Great post B@W! 

I'm bloody excited just reading all that! Thanks for the positive energy! Awesome and just what I needed. :clap:

Good work Ironmanfoz B)

Looks like I won’t needing this, should fit you :lol: 8BF84131-03B1-4830-AB4F-1A40C1DD65D2.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roxii said:

Good luck, I hear the surgery is much improved these days.

you will make a wonderful woman “davina” :lol: 

"Davina" someone has been watching Married at First Site.

On 13/03/2018 at 10:10 AM, Bored@work said:

The winner should let Ironmazfoz pick the race.

I stood by this comment & gave Ironmanfoz the chance to pick the race. With fingers crossed he wouldn't pick Chattanooga. 

He has left it up to me, so it's time to pick a race.

My mate is racing Texas next month & has offered to defer his entry to race with me (his back won't handle 2 IM races in one year) 

The added bonus of getting this spot is I will get to catch up with my mates. They have already said they will fly out to what ever race I do. These guys are the ones who convinced me to give up the grog for good & and inspire me to stay sober. Seeing them every year helps with my sobriety. 

Thanks again Ironmanfoz

• Like 4

I think we need a whole new post to follow your JOURNEY.......

:D

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Wow, wow, wow. It's been a fking awesome day today and in fact 2018 has been really good for the bored@ family. 

After a terrible race at Ironman Chattanooga and the company I work for losing a major contract, that I have been on for 15 years.  I decided to retire from racing. My plan was to concentrate on my career, study, getting a new house and one other thing that I still want to keep under wraps. 

Had my performance review for work last week and got a "significantly exceeded" with a comment about being identified as a future leader in the business and a resource the business wants to retain. The people who know the industry & company, I work for will know how huge this is and how much I love my job and what it means to me. Almost teared up in my review. 

We moved into our new house on Friday & couldn't be happier, we love the house and area. 

Today my boss approved $15k worth of training courses. 

Then at 2pm today I received an email confirming I'll get another crack at the thing I tried 22 years ago & failed. 

Then I received an email from Ironmanfoz with the great news about being selected to receive his very generous offer and opportunity to race in the USA again. 

I love the USA & love racing over there. This was the kick in the pants/motivation I needed to get back into racing. Chattanooga still hurts and bothers me but it's time to get back on the horse and give it another crack. 

I wish I could express my gratitude and thanks to Ironmanfoz in person. Words just don't do justice to the way I'm feeling right now. Thanks mate. Knowing you have given me this very generous offer will definitely help out on those training days when I'm feeling tired & lacking motivation. 

2018 Goals are all done & dusted and it's only March.

You need to change your name to happy@work or successful@work and gift your current handle to me..

• Like 1

What a fantastic post. Bored@, you deserve all that, and what a fantastic gesture by IronmanFoz. :cheers:

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 7:54 AM, roxii said:

Looks like I won’t needing this, should fit you :lol: 8BF84131-03B1-4830-AB4F-1A40C1DD65D2.jpeg

Looks nice!!!!!

Update:

My wife and I spent all weekend looking at Ironman race youtube clips, flights, tourist attractions, school holidays and her availability to take leave from work.

I did consider going over solo and catching up with my mates for a boys trip. But I really want the girls there for my 20th Ironman race.

After reviewing all the variables and options. I have decided to have a crack at Ironman Maryland. It lines up with school holidays (daughter will only miss a week) My wife can get leave. I have wanted to do this race for a few years and I'm worried it may get cancelled  because of weather problems in the past. It's also a different race in a new and exciting location for us to visit.

I'm going to continue to race, crits and road races. I'm really enjoying them and have found a new level of suffering. Spent 2hrs on Sunday hanging on to a 5 man break away for dear life. Bike fitness is up and I have started running again.

Thanks again to Andrew for very generous opportunity.

Now I need to go out & buy all new gear.............

• Like 3

598FF4BA-58AC-4741-B99D-6D159937E3F6.png

Got this print for my 40th in January from my best mate & his family. I guess they better start another frame for Maryland.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Bored@work said:

598FF4BA-58AC-4741-B99D-6D159937E3F6.png

Got this print for my 40th in January from my best mate & his family. I guess they better start another frame for Maryland.

That is awesome, I love it. You have good friends. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's good to see the passion return - at 40 you could fill another board like that one B)

5 hours ago, AP said:

It's good to see the passion return - at 40 you could fill another board like that one B)

Thanks AP your support means the world to me.

Good luck in Port, wish I could be there to support you in person. Unfortunately I have work commitments that weekend.  

Just told my best mate we are going back to the USA to race again. He is booking flights already & just sent off an email to volunteer on race day. This will be the fourth time the have travelled overseas to volunteer & watch me race. 

Oggles of Goggles:

On instagram "AEGEND Official" started following me and then over Easter had a competition for 2 pairs of there latest Goggles:

I used the same catch phrase as before: what is plural for goggles?......it's 'oggles', hence you need "oggles of goggles".

And today I was announced one of 3 winners: Woohoo.

Anyway.... Back to Bored@work.- whats the latest update with the trip to do Ironman Maryland!

1 hour ago, IronmanFoz said:

Oggles of Goggles:

On instagram "AEGEND Official" started following me and then over Easter had a competition for 2 pairs of there latest Goggles:

I used the same catch phrase as before: what is plural for goggles?......it's 'oggles', hence you need "oggles of goggles".

And today I was announced one of 3 winners: Woohoo.

Anyway.... Back to Bored@work.- whats the latest update with the trip to do Ironman Maryland!

Clearly you need to post one set of goggles to bored@ to assist on his journey 

Congrats Bored@, keep us posted.  I trust the race gear will include a trannies hat ;)

Having known Foz for 20+ years, this gesture doesn't surprise me at all.  I hope you do get the chance to meet him in person someday because he's a class act

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1