Sign in to follow this  
IronmanFoz

Free Ironman Entry to a North American Race

Morning all,

I have a Entry to a Ironman race to be used in either the US or Canada up for grabs to a deserving trannie. Has to be a 2018 race.

How is this so: Before xmas, there was an Instagram post by Ironman title paid promotion from "travelway" (a luggage company in the US). They were giving a way an free entry to Mont Tremblant for the best entry to the questions.......what's in your gear bag? I was reading a lot of responses and thought how boring and thought again....how easy would this be to win.

So..... I put in my comments which was: "You can never have too many pairs of goggles in your race bag and what is plural for goggles?......it's 'oggles', hence you need "oggles of goggles".

They contacted me on xmas day for the free entry which I cannot use due to my daughter being in the middle of HSC. So I have asked if this can be gifted to a fellow athlete.

PS: The original entry was for Mont Tremblant.

So..................... one of you trannies are being gifted a free Ironman entry to a US based race (excl Hawaii). If multiple people want it then I will have Roxii pull a name from a hat..... only serious contenders please.

Cheers

Foz

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Will close off at the end of the week for those interested.

Maybe this may even entice some out of retirement.....

Edited by IronmanFoz
  • Like 1

Geebus... I’m coming out of retirement (not because of this, decision was already made!) Maybe I’ll finally go under 13hrs and become a real Ironman :o 

pretty sure my wife loves the US she’ll be up for the trip and won’t say no. 

Edited by willie
  • Like 2

If it could be swapped for a half I'd be keen.

But happy for someone wanting to do a full to get it.

Congratulations on winning.  Good to know someone wins

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Limited said:

I didn't think anyone ever won these prizes

IronmanFoz has the Midas touch. He also won the paint a rock competition at Port Mac :D

I’m just about to sign up for Coeur D’Alene 70.3 to catch up with my mates in the states from Yakima. But like Peter said, it should go to a full IM first.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, iFoz said:

IronmanFoz has the Midas touch. He also won the paint a rock competition at Port Mac :D

I’m just about to sign up for Coeur D’Alene 70.3 to catch up with my mates in the states from Yakima. But like Peter said, it should go to a full IM first.

My buddies are doing that race 

Hey Foz could be keen! Got Busso in May, worlds in September and Busso full in december, so will discuss with the missus and see if it's possible at all. cheers :)

Some people have all the luck

29 minutes ago, iFoz said:

I can't even win at the local meat raffle

Just sent my hubby an email asking him what he thinks about a trip o's:rolleyes:

30 minutes ago, Limited said:

Some people have all the luck

I can't even win at the local meat raffle

I won 3 meat raffles one night from 4 tickets. The problem was it was in Clermont, and I was staying in a dingey motel room with no cooking facilities. I had to give them away, though that did keep me stocked with beer for a few nights. :) 

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Like 2

Hi Folks,

It is available for the 70.3 as well. Preference will go to The full Ironman as long as it's going to be used.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

as it's going to be used.

... that counts me out then ;)

Seriously, great job IronmanFoz! Super stuff.

3 hours ago, zed said:

Hey Foz could be keen! Got Busso in May, worlds in September and Busso full in december, so will discuss with the missus and see if it's possible at all. cheers :)

But it's not in Busso..... :P

40 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

But it's not in Busso..... :P

I just need to find a superflat race!

I've already entered IM Mont-Tremblant otherwise I'd definitely be up for it.

Hopefully there will be another trannie to catch up with for a post race beer.

• Like 2

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:02 AM, willie said:

Geebus... I’m coming out of retirement...

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:26 AM, Bored@work said:

This would get me out retirement.......

Me too...  I've been dabbling with some off-road and multisport stuff, but this could tempt me back out of my Ironman retirement.

4 hours ago, POT said:

Hopefully there will be another trannie to catch up with for a post race beer.

Now that would definitely drag me out of retirement!!!  :thumbsup:

Would need to check with the wife though, I'm sure she'd hate a trip to Canada!

PS - Well done Andrew, you've definitely got a gift with the competitions...  Want to go halves in a Powerball entry? :lol:.

Would love to give each and everyone a free entry if I could and I really wanted it to be the full ironman. long way to go for a half!!

The person chosen was the first to reach out to me.

He firstly said....."is this a troll post". Fortunately for him it was not.

His second mail to me was....I already have leave approved by work. (Note: this was before anyone had even posted on the forum).

And he is also coming out of retirement to do it....so his mails suggests. Love it!!!

Just had a quick call with Roxii to find out who this dude is..... and he agreed that nearly everyone would be very happy for him to get it!!!!

So.... the WINNER is:

Bored@work 

Bored at work. send me a mail with your full name and email address. Ironman are waiting for you.

Enjoy!!!! And stay in touch!

Edited by IronmanFoz
  • Like 6

Congrats Bored@work...  Yep, very happy for him to get it.

I've already cancelled a week off my Holidays in June just in case I got a start.  Wife was keen as, and even I'm now really keen to check out this Mont Tremblant event...   Might have to fork out a few dollars and actually go anyway, sounds like it's a great event.

Well done again on winning the competition, and even more so for gifting it to someone else :thumbsup:.

• Like 2

It's good he won given he lives in the USA 6 months of the year. 

This whole post makes me very happy! Well done Bored@, what a gift.

And Foz I need to get your box back to you. It worked an absolute treat thank you. I'll text you tomorrow!

• Like 1

Good on yer IronmanFoz for gifting the win. (Us Fozs are good blokes :D).

Great result. Bored@ I trust you’re going to take us all along (on the forum) for the shopping trip to renew all your tri kit you just sold off. 😜

• Like 2