Supamau

PJ out for 2018

1 hour ago, AP said:

Pete has trained as a landscaper before he turned pro - a year of that would do him no harm - get back to eating pies and drinking coke B)

q5FsC2Bsz_H1KVYk2sgkA_sA3YEhhUZnpOUvagSLfpFv-VO5nbQmDUZowrj-JiOz2WuPJg8NfaX60bsRX2wS00ReaEwEOkkwfK0ZVsSWhlQduYUqEI9x4FasAPJaPZbX4zrDZ8OzDjOAsO5kM_wo6GzMcRMhIVi0f4hGvYacn-yTXpndvlJGzx22mA3y3qTO5vHk4bEyz71LL_VkCg4OJkLdTOY8pX2ezBEqWI5EWirY_tPSUxFzHPslGghrl5jzxXXySOxt5_9adzIWa4vIWBiyCu1U7U69Kv16RKcAmfhzymnbaGD5T8HP2SFRYlGsemzJFbKkhqyZ4lpm2TuYhG8U6uAKORbeswb4lMFPtrWiLQDWKKjSWNxgp9AK5hoVCjL6V2PySBVgfhNIw2L28p4nvkugbmbcWm0mIBCyoIamid8E6cUp1FRU-v8tvAhcBAILWL9x-cOBEC3WJUTGyveKiFTwRaDtyEcSfF_mlZac0XLPmCsarxWRAFKcuCcHmHNdp5ddEcf-7Vp1QTKP-K7tFhaK4G02oJa4fBTqFi79AZez8-xOUfj7to1w7GcPXECocnIRJtEJsAbHEfu3nY8wK4zElH0eOSCKvKI=w141-h188-no

Trained or exercised as one 😆😆😆😆

Sorry had to put this in 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Trained or exercised as one 😆😆😆😆

Sorry had to put this in 

I think it's clear for the last 5 years he's done neither. 

6 hours ago, AA7 said:

Triathletes don't feature on any of those 'celebrity' shows. 

Well he needs to do something.....1 year resting up is going to be a long time.

Mjainoz nailed it.... hope he gets a job and hungry. Let’s just hope he doesn’t get hungry and just eats pies!

• Like 1

Just a quick reminder to many who live here.....there is life, other than triathlon.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, softy said:

Just a quick reminder to many who live here.....there is life, other than triathlon.

AP

8 hours ago, softy said:

Hmmmm. Maybe that’s why I have just booked 2 weeks in Whistler next January! 

Woohoo!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, softy said:

I'm not sure I understand?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, softy said:

Absolutely. But it is a professionals job and hobby. 

So when you stop both to rest. 

What do they do?  

Get a real job? 

Watch tv all day? 

Sleep until noon? 

Go for long walks on the beach?  

Paint the house?  

2 hours ago, Peter said:

Absolutely. But it is a professionals job and hobby. 

So when you stop both to rest. 

What do they do?  

Get a real job? 

Watch tv all day? 

Sleep until noon? 

Go for long walks on the beach?  

Paint the house?  

Yes to all the above.

They might even find that the 'real job' gives them more satisfaction at the time and helps remotivate them. Fark....who knows,  they might even stick at the real job, be happier and race Age Group just for the giggles.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, softy said:

Yes to all the above.

They might even find that the 'real job' gives them more satisfaction at the time and helps remotivate them. Fark....who knows,  they might even stick at the real job, be happier and race Age Group just for the giggles.

Macca is doing well in his real job. 

5 hours ago, Peter said:

Macca is doing well in his real job. 

Ask Sunny Garcia:o

As a budding pro triathlete who now works as a lifeguard & personal trainer after having his pro career eliminated by some dumb foreign ****ers in a stolen car once told me at the local pool:

"Calm waters don't make for a good sailor".

On 07/03/2018 at 11:09 AM, pieman said:

I am sure even Edmund Hillary and Neil Armstrong struggled to know what to do next after achieving feats that most can not imagine, PJ is going through the same thing, albeit as he says 1 step forward, 2 steps back (and his 1 steps forwards are way below his WC level (which is also well below current WC levels..))...

it says he is 36 in the above post...

Just reckon he and mrs should pop out some little vegans now (if thats in their plan) and use the time off wisely...

Dont think you can compare walking on the moon or scaling everest with doing a triathlon... at all. 

8 minutes ago, Oompa Loompa said:

Dont think you can compare walking on the moon or scaling everest with doing a triathlon... at all. 

No shit... 

47 minutes ago, Oompa Loompa said:

But it was Kona..................

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

But it was Kona..................

Did he win this? 

IMG_1355.JPG

On 09/03/2018 at 7:11 PM, Oompa Loompa said:

I think winning Kona is up there higher than climbing everest - an awful lot more people have climbed everest than will ever win Kona - and a pilot being chosen for a lunar landing is a bit too like winning a lottery - there are so many pilots equally as qualified and capable as Armstrong was - there's only ever a handful of athletes in the world any year capable of winning Kona and most don't B)

I worked with Pete from 2007 to 2012 with the single aim of winning, once he won, his life's dream had been achieved, we should have aimed at winning it several times, then the first win would have only been a step along the way   

It's a shame the way his sporting career has gone since then, but unlike many of his critics, he has had the dream, and pulled it off, 99.9% of triathletes will never come close in commitment or courage :huh: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, AP said:

I think winning Kona is up there higher than climbing everest - an awful lot more people have climbed everest than will ever win Kona

But Hillary (whom the comment was directed at) was the first to climb Everest. There's 30 or so more Kona winners than have ever been the first to climb Everest.

22 minutes ago, AP said:

I think winning Kona is up there higher than climbing everest - an awful lot more people have climbed everest than will ever win Kona - and a pilot being chosen for a lunar landing is a bit too like winning a lottery - there are so many pilots equally as qualified and capable as Armstrong was - there's only ever a handful of athletes in the world any year capable of winning Kona and most don't B)

I worked with Pete from 2007 to 2012 with the single aim of winning, once he won, his life's dream had been achieved, we should have aimed at winning it several times, then the first win would have only been a step along the way   

It's a shame the way his sporting career has gone since then, but unlike many of his critics, he has had the dream, and pulled it off, 99.9% of triathletes will never come close in commitment or courage :huh: 

Haha..

25 minutes ago, AP said:

Climbing Everest isn't a big achievement and requires little climbing knowledge. Companies are taking clients to the summit who can't even put on crampons. The very worst was an out of shape 50 year Rolling Stone journalist with zero climbing experience. She was tied to 3 sherpas and was literally dragged to the top of Everest. Obviously if the shit hits the fan, bad weather or whatever, climbing experience is going to be vital for survival, but perfect weather and no health problems, most healthy people could manage it with little training. I don't think it even comes close to winning Kona or even qualifying for Kona. 

39 minutes ago, AP said:

and a pilot being chosen for a lunar landing is a bit too like winning a lottery - there are so many pilots equally as qualified and capable as Armstrong was - there's only ever a handful of athletes in the world any year capable of winning Kona and most don't B)

What a load of fking crap.  Not sure if this was a troll or u are actually believe this. 

18 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

What a load of fking crap.  Not sure if this was a troll or u are actually believe this. 

Get ready....here comes the start of the  B@w and Peter tag team assault...