Jump to content
Bored@work

9 weeks till Ironman Australia

Recommended Posts

Delly Carr takes the shots we have known him since we were 15 .

All we do is get a leave pass of the brides and do what blokes do on a road trip ... be stupid haha

I think Ironman and tri travel owe us royalties for using our images for profit 😂😂 we accepte Beer..

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Youngy and Youngy2

2nd IM at Port for both of us 

Entered Busso today as well - 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Port number 20 for me. Assuming my hip and Achilles and hammy survives the next 8 weeks.

Don't let me down mate.

I'm joining the 15 Finishers Club this year and need someone to celebrate with.

Edited by Dave T
grammar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Don't let me down mate.

I'm joining the 15 Finishers Club this year and need someone celebrate with.

I’ll be fine, just the training hurts...... you couldn’t stop me starting and finishing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doing the 70.3. I'm sure on the day I'll be jealous of everyone doing the full thing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be there for my 3rd time at Port. Looking forwards to a full IM after Busso last year.

Body certainly reminding me I'm 45 even if the mind is not accepting

Will be great to see some familiar faces and hopefully meet some new ones.

Staying at Waters Edge Thursday - Monday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tall Paul said:

I'll be there for my 3rd time at Port. Looking forwards to a full IM after Busso last year.

Body certainly reminding me I'm 45 even if the mind is not accepting

Will be great to see some familiar faces and hopefully meet some new ones.

Staying at Waters Edge Thursday - Monday

Is the road surface bad for the entire 180kms?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, zed said:

Is the road surface bad for the entire 180kms?

No - its certainly not top shelf, but there are really only a couple of sections where you have to check your water bottles! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, The new guy said:

No - its certainly not top shelf, but there are really only a couple of sections where you have to check your water bottles! 

the bit from transition to the first climb is great. The rest is ordinary

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bored@work said:

the bit from transition to the first climb is great. The rest is ordinary

I couldn't imagine doing 180kms on shit roads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zed said:

I'm never racing outside of Busselton.

USA races are fast tracks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bored@work said:

the bit from transition to the first climb is great. The rest is ordinary

Nah there is a 500m stretch at lake cathie that's nice and also a few hundred m coming into Camden haven.

Edited by RunBrettRun
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bored@work said:

the bit from transition to the first climb is great. The rest is ordinary

Going over the carpeted speed traps in the CBD doesn't exactly do it for me in either direction.:o

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of the road at Port is awesome compared to what I'm used to. I was stunned when I heard people complaining about the first bike course a Western Sydney 70.3, Id never been on such perfect roads!

Edited by Slunnie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, zed said:

I'm never racing outside of Busselton.

Shame. You won’t get to experience an interesting, challenging course with atmosphere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Slunnie said:

All of the road at Port is awesome compared to what I'm used to. I was stunned when I heard people complaining about the first bike course a Western Sydney 70.3, Id never been on such perfect roads!

Yeah it is a bit bumpy here and there but really, some people whinge about anything - the size of the towel - the finisher's shirt - yada yada :huh:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, zed said:

I'm never racing outside of Busselton.

 

7 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Shame. You won’t get to experience an interesting, challenging course with atmosphere.

...including a 3.8k swim

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AP said:

Yeah it is a bit bumpy here and there but really, some people whinge about anything - the size of the towel - the finisher's shirt - yada yada :huh:

I'd also complain about MFD if I had to walk up it

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AP said:

Yeah it is a bit bumpy here and there but really, some people whinge about anything - the size of the towel - the finisher's shirt - yada yada :huh:

Like you whinge about the active fee & whinged their transfer policy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in 2nd time around, last year was my first full. 11.48 with a puncture last year, hopefully a bit quicker in all 3 legs, but who knows on the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just booked accommodation, need to enter next.

Was tossing up this or a week mtbing in Tasmania, about the same cost ex Sydney.

This will be Port number 4, first time on the new course; last time i did it was a 2 lap sim/walk, 3 lap bike, hill on the run.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×