Peter

Hey roxii. Can you review the new fly6?

Surely you can use your powers to scam one. 

Brighter. 

IMG_1348.PNG

• Like 1

If someone will give me one I will :lol: 

Im still running the old ones. 

This one is much brighter. Coming into winter would be good for everyone. 

Maybe start a shop on here. Take a cut. 

And isn't the rrp of the fly 12 $100 less than the fly 10 was?

There has never been a fly 10. 

Unless China was making them

Oops, the old one was a fly 12 as well??  Regardless, I think the new version is cheaper.....

I'm looking for a set... Roxii what Peter said about a shop / affiliate scheme could be a good plan... I'm sure we'd all be happy to buy through a link to get you some $$...

Willie might sling ya one? Put the link for the review on his website? 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, monkie said:

I'm looking for a set... Roxii what Peter said about a shop / affiliate scheme could be a good plan... I'm sure we'd all be happy to buy through a link to get you some $$...

What about Willie?

• Like 1

Ill be seeing Willie this arvo, we can discuss something. 

• Like 1

is Willie's website up and running? Last I read (a while back) there were issues, but I might have missed it being sorted. My Fly6 (vers2) just died, so I'm on the lookout.

Hey Willie,

I'm looking at these in the next couple of weeks, would happily spend my money with a trannie if you can do them and ship to Vic?

Well I got the new fly 6 a month ago and still haven't managed to get it to work.  It will record short videos, but 10secs takes up 16GB.  When you try and take a longer video, the device beeps and I end up with a file that's 0kB.  The card is a HD micro 16GB, so I followed their specs.  If the card ran out of size, I would've expected it to run over existing footage right?

I have the new one and it's crap compared to the 2nd edition.

1. The mount onto the seat posts isn't as good.

2. I have times when it records and others when it doesn't.  Usually just turning it off and back on fixes

3. It has another totally different power cable for charging.  (this is a pain as everything else uses a mini USB)

The only good thing is a long battery life.

I suggest getting and second edition not the latest.

5 hours ago, Peter said:

I have the new one and it's crap compared to the 2nd edition.

1. The mount onto the seat posts isn't as good.

2. I have times when it records and others when it doesn't.  Usually just turning it off and back on fixes

3. It has another totally different power cable for charging.  (this is a pain as everything else uses a mini USB)

The only good thing is a long battery life.

I suggest getting and second edition not the latest.

1. Agree - but they are coming out with a seat rail mount

2. I haven't had that issue yet (Note: there are firmware updates available, is yours up to date?)

3. - USB-C - IE. where all new phones are going, I am glad they have joined the future, this was a BIG selling point for me.

If anyone wants the first version mine is up for grabs. 

waiting for a good front / rear bundle price on the CEs...

I have the 2nd revision, was tempted to get this new one but all the bad reviews really put me off. It looks like it wasn't ready or something?

On 15/06/2018 at 9:34 PM, willie said:

If anyone wants the first version mine is up for grabs. 

Is the recording part still working fine?  Some of the guys I know with them seem to have an issue with the lights, but it still records fine?  I don't know what the mounting is like for these, will it go around a huge TT seat tube, say with some prodigious use of zip ties and/or Velcro?

How much you want for it?

Nah, shoulda been quicker!  You snooze you lose!

Got the fly6 working yesterday - had to format the sd card via the phone app. I had followed the instructions for the computer, but it didn't work...

So is the current model fly6 still a go'er??  My wife saw the article about the cyclist who the driver got the 1k fine for hiring, and told me I should have two cameras.  I have a GoPro hero which I can use up front so will get one of these if they're still the goods.  Looks like wiggle have them for $228 and if it's a first time purchaser there's also $20 off on purchase over $100.  My daughter might suddenly have an account!

Can you get these Willie?  Would prefer to spend it with you.

I've just opened my 3rd support case with them as the battery was lasting 2.5 hours and my laptop has stopped recognising it. The have sent me out a new unit and I have to send back my one.  So decent support, but PITA to have to do the set up on the new one again...

Okay let me just say that I have the new fly6 and the front Fly12

I saw a video online by GPLAMA (that has to be the one that got him banned and account deleted from youtube) that compared his FLY with a GOPRO.

The GOPRO shit all over it.  From sound and being able to pick up number plates.

It was crazy how bad the FLY was compared to the GOPRO.

I'd suggest going a GOPRO.

I'd link the video but its gone.

14 minutes ago, Peter said:

Okay let me just say that I have the new fly6 and the front Fly12

I saw a video online by GPLAMA (that has to be the one that got him banned and account deleted from youtube) that compared his FLY with a GOPRO.

The GOPRO shit all over it.  From sound and being able to pick up number plates.

It was crazy how bad the FLY was compared to the GOPRO.

I'd suggest going a GOPRO.

I'd link the video but its gone.

The only problem I can see with the GoPro is with the older ones the battery goes flat after about 2 hours. Not sure if that is the case with the current models?

I'll have a watch of the Lama review.

I have the older model GoPro hero; I chose it so it could be used for other things as well (which it rarely ever does).  I do only get about 2 hours out of the battery, and have to delete the footage each time.  The fly 6 would be more set and forget, which I like the idea of.  Footage may not be worse than my GoPro set on 720p.  Also, my GoPro mounts well up the front, but not so nice at the back.  

So I get that there's a difference between the GoPro 7 and the fly6, bit it's a bit tough to compare the two really as they are completely different devices in completely different price brackets.  Is there anything else or there like the fly6?  If not, I'll order one this arvo.

By the sounds you are probably better off trying to find the original fly 6 in the version 2 2nd hand as they seemed like the most robust one. 

On 01/11/2018 at 8:52 AM, Peter said:

saw a video online by GPLAMA (that has to be the one that got him banned and account deleted from youtube) that compared his FLY with a GOPRO.

I said a few times it wasn't apples for apples... but what two companies call stabilisation are very different things. The Fly6CE ticks the box for what they say it does otherwise... just. I discuss it a little more and give an example of it capturing car almost taking me out here: 

The YouTube crap is also discussed in the first few minutes. Nothing noteworthy... just them being totally useless in regards to human customer service. 

• Thanks 1

Cool.  Nice to see you able to be a bit light hearted about it all, not being a  dramalama!

I could have ripped into YouTube... a lot more.. for the views... but nobody subscribes for that. Time better spent riding bikes.