Cranky

Gamin Vivofit Jnr - any good?

So I just received this in an email from my 8 year old. I sent her looking for goggles! !  Lol. 

Looks like she wants one. ..... after I spent all that time looking for her Ironman watch! ! Looks like the 6 year old might get that for her next birthday instead! 

So are they any good? 

Are they worth $99

Screenshot_2018-03-06-08-56-55.png

Is it worth it to have $99 sitting in a box/cupboard in 2 months when she has moved on to the next thing...?

• Like 1

My Kids love them. Got them for Xmas and still really into them. 

The app that goes with them is pretty good, lets you set up reminders for all their chores which you can then give them rewards for. We link this to their pocket money each week

You can also monitor their sleep and activity, which is pretty interesting. And set up a family leader board for steps

My kids wear theirs - been over 12 months of constant use.

school , swimming , knee boarding etc

Same my 8 yo and 7 yo have them and love them. 

Great feedback. Thanks! 

I need to look more into it to see what it does. 

Why FB??

1 minute ago, Cranky said:

Great feedback. Thanks! 

I need to look more into it to see what it does. 

Why FB??

you need to pay attention more!  FB is of the view that people should not rely on gadgets for training.:wink1:

5 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

you need to pay attention more!  FB is of the view that people should not rely on gadgets for training.:wink1:

I tend to agree, kids and activity trackers, ugh. But im not a parent, so I guess I shouldnt comment on such things.

• Like 3

My 10 year old loves it still after a year.  The bands are pretty small though so you might need to upgrade to the replacements from eBay.

Just a general comment, lots of insurance companies (health, income protection) offer a decent discount for such devices. I know I get 25% through AIA. I guess it's their way of providing a bit of lube for when they're bending me over on the premium :o

3 hours ago, \m/ Moshboy \m/ said:

Just a general comment, lots of insurance companies (health, income protection) offer a decent discount for such devices. I know I get 25% through AIA. I guess it's their way of providing a bit of lube for when they're bending me over on the premium :o

More like they want even more data to know how much premium they need to gouge you for based on their perceived risk.  "Only averages 3,000 steps per day, better quadruple the premium on that one"

9 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

Can they be worn swimming? Like structured swimming? 

My kids wear them non-stop, including swimming training. But they don't track any swimming data

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cat Lady said:

Lol.  Ah yes but this is not really for training, more so just a "that's cool,  I want one" and that's what birthdays are for.  Stuff that they want that they wouldn't normally get. 

20 hours ago, AA7 said:

I tend to agree, kids and activity trackers, ugh. But im not a parent, so I guess I shouldnt comment on such things.

Want one of mine? 

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

Lol.  Ah yes but this is not really for training, more so just a "that's cool,  I want one" and that's what birthdays are for.  Stuff that they want that they wouldn't normally get. 

Want one of mine? 

Kids or activity trackers?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cat Lady said:

Kids or activity trackers?

Kids!