MissJess

Mool meetup

Mool meet up  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What time??

• Saturday breakfast
    • Saturday lunch
    • Sunday lunch/afternoon

I'm a qlder and an interstate visitor and heavily reliant on my kickr whenever I see a cloud in the sky.  Maybe I need to harden up and get out more.

• Like 2

Easy ride with a mate this morning - wind was blowing the rain so hard that I couldn’t see as I didn’t have sunglasses with me and had to tuck in behind him. 

Im happy to race in whatever conditions but I do hope it calms down as there could be carnage tomorrow. 

I'm a little concerned about the wind alright. I'm quite small so if it's choppy, I'll be thrown around a lot. Swell I can deal with. I also have deep rims on my TT and those gusts aren't gonna do me any favours. Hopefully it'll calm down considerably

46 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

I'm a little concerned about the wind alright. I'm quite small so if it's choppy, I'll be thrown around a lot. Swell I can deal with. I also have deep rims on my TT and those gusts aren't gonna do me any favours. Hopefully it'll calm down considerably

Should be less choppy tmw I think. I've only got fairly shallow rims and I copped a few big sideways gusts this morning. 

39 minutes ago, AA7 said:

Should be less choppy tmw I think. I've only got fairly shallow rims and I copped a few big sideways gusts this morning. 

The worst parts are on the couple of exposed flyovers on the motorway.  Made the mistake one year of taking a drink on one of them and almost ended up in a paddock.. 

If it's wetsuit legal, Cranky will eat her visor!  Has it ever been wetsuit legal at mool?

56 minutes ago, workinglikeadog said:

Anyone know the offical wetsuit ruling ?

Water is about 26deg. So that's a no.

32 minutes ago, goughy said:

If it's wetsuit legal, Cranky will eat her visor!  Has it ever been wetsuit legal at mool?

I think i remember once or twice in last 11 years.

• Like 1

I stand corrected (I'm pretty used to that though)

Think they must have run out of visors - bags as I never received one and no one else was coming out with one at check in 

3 minutes ago, Youngy2 said:

Think they must have run out of visors - bags as I never received one and no one else was coming out with one at check in 

Can have mine... 

16 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

I'm pretty sure it was 2 years ago.  I heard earlier it was touch and go.

Water was warm as this morning... ridiculous Iif wetsuits are legal

1 minute ago, pieman said:

Can have mine... 

1 minute ago, pieman said:

Can have mine... 

No thanks - thought there might have been a free bottle or something exciting like that 

From the Athletes information guide - For Age Group competitor’s wetsuits will be allowed if the water temp is below 22 degrees Celsius.

There is no way it is anywhere near that. 

I have no problem with no wetty and 26 degrees.  I do have a problem with no wetty and 22.1 degrees though.  We are not all built to swim the English channel.

17 minutes ago, mhvh said:

From the Athletes information guide - For Age Group competitor’s wetsuits will be allowed if the water temp is below 22 degrees Celsius.

There is no way it is anywhere near that. 

Anything is possible

The smart arse in me couldnt resist asking the couple walking into transition in front of me about the plastic bags on their seats. Gets wet as soon as you sit on it. TOs were telling everyone that no bags were allowed to cover anything.

3 hours ago, goughy said:

Yes I will

2 hours ago, AA7 said:

Water is about 26deg. So that's a no.

Thank goodness

1 hour ago, Youngy2 said:

Rego said there's a voucher in the race pack to pick up your towel and visor. I haven't looked yet.  Guessing the bag is with that? ?

13 minutes ago, AA7 said:

The smart arse in me couldnt resist asking the couple walking into transition in front of me about the plastic bags on their seats. Gets wet as soon as you sit on it. TOs were telling everyone that no bags were allowed to cover anything.

Lol. Good on you! 

Might be an okay elite field.  Think Luke McKenzie is racing (I  between working at expo selling his gear (looks great but I'll wait for a 75% off sale )) and I'm sure i saw that guy who races in budgie smugglers racking his bike earlier.  Damn can't remember his name!

Tim reed 

Edited by pieman
Googled name

Am I wrong in saying that it's unusual to see that level of competitor at Mool, in the Sunday race?  I mean, Noosa had the varied Pro field (ITU, 70.3 and IM pros), but Mool never saw those guys turning up?  Wonder what's different this year?