MissJess

Mool meetup

Mool meet up  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What time??

• Saturday breakfast
    • Saturday lunch
    • Sunday lunch/afternoon

Ok, I think the last topic got lost in the Roxii incident.

I'm arriving super late on Friday night from Sydney, so brekky or lunch on Saturday is good with me.

What about all of you who will be there?

Edited by MissJess

39 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

The "Roxii incident".... LOL 

That statement has a whole different meaning for those who had an active night-life in Brisbane in the 80's. :)

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

That statement has a whole different meaning for those who had an active night-life in Brisbane in the 80's. :)

LOL! 

What happened in the 80's stays in the 80's.... LOL 

• Haha 1

Cmon folks! 

I'd go but I am incapacitated and under trained and on the other side of the country 

Turns out it is Dazz's is birthday on Saturday! He may end up catching up with the boys, so if that's the case I'm in. I won't post a vote as to what suits me best as, unlike me, Dazz doesn't organise his life 6 months ahead of time. I will just try and make whatever you guys organise depending on his plans.  Really hope I can make it! 

• Like 2

Yeah I am easy breakfast or lunch saturday, we are staying over near where the swim start is when its a canal swim.  

Ill be riding for about an hour saturday morning probably done by 730 or 8.  so Breakfast brunch or lunch saturday suits me.

I will be wearing this and standing near anyone riding a Giant or Shiv so if you see me say Gidday....

:D

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, pieman said:

I will be wearing this and standing near anyone riding a Giant or Shiv so if you see me say Gidday....

be still my beating heart.  at first I thought this was you, and I was going to hunt you down, then I realised it was only the T-shirt:wink1:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

be still my beating heart.  at first I thought this was you, and I was going to hunt you down, then I realised it was only the T-shirt:wink1:

If you click on the size XXL one my pic will come up....  :D

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, pieman said:

Guess you will be near me then, I ride a shiv, although I am not a HE :rolleyes:

I’m in Mooloolaba for the weekend too (spectating)... happy to catch up also if there is something planned. 

On 27/02/2018 at 10:35 AM, MissJess said:

I'm arriving super late on Friday night from Sydney

VA 487?

so brekky or lunch on Saturday is good with me.

What about all of you who will be there?

I'll be there with my better 3/4.  Saturday is likely to be flat out all day, so Sunday lunch would probably suit best.  Always keen for a meet and greet anytime though 

QF548 then a shuttle from Brisvegas. Long story short , was meant to be hanging out with someone else all weekend and he's Brisbane based. I'm at the Carribbean.

1 hour ago, MissJess said:

QF548 then a shuttle from Brisvegas. Long story short , was meant to be hanging out with someone else all weekend and he's Brisbane based. I'm at the Carribbean.

Oh cool, we're right next door at thw Landmark.  Should be pretty easy to catch up from there

We're flying up Friday night (8:55pm arrival) and heading back via Brissy on Monday

• Like 1

I've not organised anything as there is not enough interest, you are welcome to message me and I will give you my details.

Best trannies meet up I've had happened to be at Mool.  Met Rocket Salad sorta just past the finishing area and felt like I stayed there with him for an hour while he introduced me to every trannie that came through.

• Like 1

I up with the husband who has family in the area, so I've kinda got to hang out with them...  Otherwise I'd be up for beers on Sunday arvo...  

• Like 1

Thanks Goughy but I hardly know anyone. Was just luck trifun and a few others happen to be walking past I think.

• Like 1

Take the credit RS, it was all you :)

7 minutes ago, pieman said:

Windy A F...

Predictions are for decreasing wind and swell. Contingency swim location looks live the Brisbane River ie brown. No chance of us swimming there if it was to be moved from ocean. 

Just checked the ocean. All good, im confident we'll get a swim there.

This pic of the ocean and transition area may help some of the first timers. Sandy area at the bottom is where underwater world is now.

FB_IMG_1520514266172.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like enough room there for the bikes!

If I actually make it up there I'd be happy to have a meet up after the race on Sunday, I'm going to be too busy/knackered tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, pieman said:

Great visor this year... can see where entry fee goes

Thought the same.

3 minutes ago, AA7 said:

Thought the same.

Guess I'll have to actually buy my annual drink bottle this year to... 

38 minutes ago, pieman said:

Guess I'll have to actually buy my annual drink bottle this year to... 

Strange not to see Endura here as major sponsor.

28 minutes ago, AA7 said:

Strange not to see Endura here as major sponsor.

Only had a quick look but didn't see a big asics stand in expo either..? No subaru? No idea actually who the major sponsors are..

27 minutes ago, pieman said:

Only had a quick look but didn't see a big asics stand in expo either..? No subaru? No idea actually who the major sponsors are..

No Asics either. Event tshirts are Scody for $60. 

We should all be plastering it over FB with the hashtag saying how crap it is...

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, pieman said:

20180309_210917.jpg

Seriously?!

That one is passing the pool room and going straight into the prize box at school!

Edited by Cranky
  • Haha 1

Weather is very, very unpleasant. Blowing a gale. But still the prediction is for it to drop off tmw. Fingers crossed. 

Yeah worst conditions I have ridden in for a very long time this morning.  If it's like that tomorrow there could be carnage particularly on the corner coming back into town.

As a Queenslander, I apologise to any interstate visitors for the un-Queensland like weather. 

But positive thoughts, I think it will improve tomorrow. Slightly.

• Like 1

Already improved significantly since earlier this morning.  Still a bit blustery, but not too bad