Sign in to follow this  
monkie

April and May Races

My plan for Capital Coast and Port Stephens have fallen through (we have visitors for Capital Coast and I have to be in Vietnam for Port Stephens weekend) so I'm now looking for some post IM goal races to keep the motivation going... I'm Sydney based but happy to drive up to about 4 or 5 hours...

Any ideas?

Think that time of the calendar really dies off, end of the tri season, not yet really duathlon season.  http://adventurerace.com.au/Events/7321/Maximum-Adventure-Race-Series---Royal-National-Park is one event that you might want to consider if you have the gear, otherwise think it is really Cairns as your next main event

Byron Bay Olympic in May... Good if you like Saturday afternoon starts, potholes, dodging unauthorised cars on the course and last minute bike course changes due to a local threatening to shoot riders if they come past a certain point of the road...

Probably more than 5 hrs from Sydney though.. no idea

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pieman said:

Byron Bay Olympic in May... Good if you like Saturday afternoon starts, potholes, dodging unauthorised cars on the course and last minute bike course changes due to a local threatening to shoot riders if they come past a certain point of the road...

Pieman, you have sold me on this race :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, Notsofast said:

Pieman, you have sold me on this race :rolleyes:

I will be back for the 7th year in a row. Love the race despite these issues...

6 minutes ago, wombattri said:

Also the bike course is 36km, at least it was the last time I did it. They are pretty laid back in Byron Bay.

has been 36km every year and then one year it was 34 (after the rifle incident). 2017 was 40km though so that was good (although no more PBs...)

3 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

Think that time of the calendar really dies off, end of the tri season, not yet really duathlon season.  http://adventurerace.com.au/Events/7321/Maximum-Adventure-Race-Series---Royal-National-Park is one event that you might want to consider if you have the gear, otherwise think it is really Cairns as your next main event

Oooo... could be an excuse for a mountain bike!

1 minute ago, RunBrettRun said:

Yeah port mac 70.3 on ironman day.  May 6

And I think we might have a winner...