Sign in to follow this  
BJ7

Canberra Triathletes

Hey all :) 2 - part question....

1) Is the lake healthy for swimming at the moment and where is the best place to go? Any other alternatives for open water swimming there? Ideally we'll have some swimming cans to navigate around. 

2) Need to do some filming of swimming and running in Canberra on Wednesday 7th of March and need to source some local 'talent' for the shoot. Don't need to be too "pro" however they need to have relatively decent swim and run technique (doesn't necessarily need to be the same person). We have a male but just need a female to join us. It's mostly just B-roll footage at various intensities and a couple of different locations. 

If you or anyone you know can help please let me know!

The lake is fine for swimming at the moment. Probably the best its been in years. I'd say either Acton ferry terminal or Yarralumla Bay would be best.

Depending on time of day, my girlfriend Angharad Llewellyn would be interested in helping out if you still need someone. She is a top age group triathlete from NZ with good swim and run technique. Just contact myself or her (on instagram) and we'd be happy to help you out.

Actually the lake BG is not fine.  It has been closed for blue-green algae and next weeks duathlon has been moved to Lake Ginenderra.

3 hours ago, peteb said:

Actually the lake BG is not fine.  It has been closed for blue-green algae and next weeks duathlon has been moved to Lake Ginenderra.

Was just coming on here to mention this as seen an EE update about it.