Supamau

Running shorts

Any recommendations for a decent pair of running shorts that stays dry and gets rid of sweat asap? I've tried many and most of them just absorb the sweat, this soaks up the whole shorts. In summer,  after an hour of running, the shorts are soaked, and the sweat drips down and then my socks get soaked next. Very high chance of chafing around my nether regions and feet. :( People will think I'm peeing too!!! :(:(:( 

Help! Help! 

I asked the same question a while back. In the end I found the Zoot board shorts. These are the best thing I have run in in over 30 years. The material is fantastic.

You can get them on the Ironman website.....but aren’t cheap. They must have an Ironman logo on them or something. I found the exact same shorts on a UK site for half the price.

i post a link here to show you the images. Ps: they also come in different lengths ie; 5, 7, 9 inch. I run in the 7 inch (refers to length of short)

https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/1152158

https://www.sportpursuit.com/search?s=Zoot+run+men’s&gender=Male&sport=Running

Lululemon? Really bored@? :lol: You redeemed yourself with Roka. Roka are good.

May I suggest sweating less? :P But I know what you mean, I'm a big unit and this happens to me as well! I've never noticed my socks getting wet though, but everything else is wet and dripping. 

The only issue I can see with the zoo's is they're 7" shorts, that's kinda long for running! 

1 hour ago, willie said:

Lululemon? Really bored@? :lol: You redeemed yourself with Roka. Roka are good.

May I suggest sweating less? :P But I know what you mean, I'm a big unit and this happens to me as well! I've never noticed my socks getting wet though, but everything else is wet and dripping. 

The only issue I can see with the zoo's is they're 7" shorts, that's kinda long for running! 

Lululemon go's with the new house & suburb. It's all about active wear, smashed avocado & organic salmon with my Kombucha juice  for me these days. 

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Lululemon go's with the new house & suburb. It's all about active wear, smashed avocado & organic salmon with my Kombucha juice  for me these days. 

are you driving a Prius yet :lol: 

Do any of you use the shorts with the built in liners? Not the traditional running short liner but the ones that are Lycra and longer than the shorts? 

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

Do any of you use the shorts with the built in liners? Not the traditional running short liner but the ones that are Lycra and longer than the shorts? 

Built in tights.....

12 hours ago, Bored@work said:

If only these were still available!!!

4DE94CA2-BE4F-4A5F-83E4-C1E3DC32650C.png

The ones with the denim look shorts and fluro yellow tights under were a particularly good look.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, trilobite said:

The ones with the denim look shorts and fluro yellow tights under were a particularly good look.

They were also $80 back in the day & my parents wouldn't buy them fro me.

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

They were also $80 back in the day & my parents wouldn't buy them fro me.

Seems like I’m not the only one whose parents lacked enthusiasm for my desire to emulate Andre...

• Haha 1

I've read good feedback on the fusion shorts, I dont have any because im running around in my budgies these days.  the fusion are i think $75 a pair.

There is no way in hell I could justify $75 for a pair of running shorts... I don't think I'd be comfortable selling at that price either. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, willie said:

There is no way in hell I could justify $75 for a pair of running shorts... I don't think I'd be comfortable selling at that price either. 

Probably best not to click this then!

https://thesportsedit.com/products/ashemi-2-in-1-short-black?siteid=74409&source=webgains

They also do cycling gear which makes the likes of Rapha and Castelli look like red dot specials.:lol:

• Like 1

On 3/31/2018 at 9:49 AM, Bored@work said:

lululemon or roka

Tried the lululemon shorts before, never will I run for more than an hour in them again. Let me have a look at roka

19 hours ago, KieranR said:

I've read good feedback on the fusion shorts, I dont have any because im running around in my budgies these days.  the fusion are i think $75 a pair.

I have a pair of the C3s, they don't soak up that much sweat, but the inner liner does... 

I just paid $90 for a pair of nike sweat pant shorts :wallbash:The young lady in the shop said they make me look skinny. Should have looked at the price tag before I put the credit card down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

The young lady in the shop said they make me look skinny.

It's the running you'll do in them that makes you look skinny. :)

I bought some DHB shorts from Wiggle and they are excellent.  I have some Fusion shorts but prefer the DHB and they are half the price.

I bought my running shorts from Aldi. $8 each. Really comfortable - mesh sides, zip side pockets. Easily the best shorts I've ever run in. Worth swinging by your local Aldi to see if they have any left in the magic centre aisle of happiness... :-)

• Like 1

I went running last night in nothing but my pink budgy smugglers, (its stifling hot up here at the moment), got pulled up by the police, someone complained there was a person running naked down the main road, maybe the pink budgy's in the dark aren't  bright enough, or maybe i need some shorts

• Haha 2

I’d report it to the police as offensive a well. You definitely need shorts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rog said:

but im racing in them next race so im training in them also.....nothing new on race day

5 hours ago, KieranR said:

but im racing in them next race so im training in them also.....nothing new on race day

Northern WA? You are a brave man. I was scared ordering a Corona when I was up there. 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Northern WA? You are a brave man. I was scared ordering a Corona when I was up there. 

Some would say stupid not brave haha

20 hours ago, Rog said:

Would it be offensive if he posted a pic of it on tip toes on instagram?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, trilobite said:

If you asked that question, you obviously don't follow him on Instagram.

10 hours ago, trilobite said:

Is this the tri equivalent of Roy and HG's 'hello boys'? :lol: