zed

New Busso swim course - shark friendly

On 20/02/2018 at 2:17 PM, zed said:

True. What about if it was Lucy Charles pissing on you? 

Lucy-Charles-22.jpg

Did not know she was into that, suppose I could let her

On 19/02/2018 at 9:39 PM, oldschool69#2 said:

The Best!

i dont like to talk surf up but that day was easy 8 to 10ft on the sets they canned the age group race 

John Harper (Jason Harper old man) was the race director he called us all in and we had a vote we all voted YES except for Luke Gratton .. guess there’s no beaches in Canberra 😂😂

I am reading this correct, they canned the AG race? So triathlon was harder how?

Haha got me on a technicality 😂

I think about 8 years later they put a race on again there and the surf was up but not big ,southerly blowing they ran the race .Matty reed won it and all the age groups raced 

In the first one wasn’t the wind bad enough the shred the Harpers marquee.

and the second one they gave punters the opportunity to not do the swim, but with no run penalty. I did the swim which was rough but fun, then had to try and keep up with all the softcocks who did a leisurely stroll along the beach.

Yer not sure roxii sounds right ,I’d well and truly stopped racing by the second one .Matty stayed at my joint by the time I got my ass down there to watch he was onto the run leg

could ask the old man I think he raced definitely everyone from Cronulla swam cause we are all tougher not like the boys from lake George.... 😂😂😂

On 20/02/2018 at 12:20 PM, Peter said:

I don’t agree cotton 

If people want to do a tri but rely on a wetsuit and they ban wetsuits, there needs to be an option for them. 

Triathlon is just a fringe sport. A recreational activity. 

They clearly couldnt win prizes or medals, but they should have an option. 

I’ve only seen it once.  A woman down Calalla who got dumped going out in her wave - about 20 metres from shore. . She Turned around and got out.crying. Her father convinced her to continue  . Emo allowed her to go out in the next wave and she just made it out before a 3 foot glassy broke on her head. She came out a distance last in that wave. I found out later this was her 2nd ever swim. She then proceeded to rip apart the bike and run course and finish second his her AG, even though she got out of the water about 10 or 15 minutes after the last person his her original wave. She was a state cyclist. 

FM

Edited by Flanman
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Flanman said:

She was a state cyclist

She mustn't have been a very experienced cyclist though. Didn't she realise cyclists always just pull out once they've been dropped?

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

12 hours ago, Flanman said:

I’ve only seen it once.  A woman down Calalla who got dumped going out in her wave - about 20 metres from shore. . She Turned around and got out.crying. Her father convinced her to continue  . Emo allowed her to go out in the next wave and she just made it out before a 3 foot glassy broke on her head. She came out a distance last in that wave. I found out later this was her 2nd ever swim. She then proceeded to rip apart the bike and run course and finish second his her AG, even though she got out of the water about 10 or 15 minutes after the last person his her original wave. She was a state cyclist. 

FM

she should have stood up rather than swam

On 20/02/2018 at 6:41 AM, Peter said:

What I don;t get is that they are just triathlons.

And the option should almost be given to everyone to do the swim or a run if the athlete thinks the surf is too big.

I do the sport because I love it.  If we have to swim in the surf so be it.  

We are australian's.  Heaps of so many people swim in the surf for fun every weekend.

Yet people freak out when it's in a race?

Look at how many people are struggling here, 3 mins in and some still haven't started the swim. How pissed off would you be if they canned the swim because of the  waves. It's the ocean, people need to figure out how it works, you can see a lot of them have never seen a wave before. But yeah an option should be available for weaker swimmers in the event the swim is challenging. The guys and girls who have done the swim work shouldn't be punished.

Edited by zed

4 minutes ago, zed said:

Look at how many people are struggling here, 3 mins in and some still haven't started the swim. How pissed off would you be if they canned the swim because of the  waves. It's the ocean, people need to figure out how it works, you can see a lot of them have never seen a wave before. But yeah an option should be available for weaker swimmers in the event the swim is challenging. The guys and girls who have done the swim work shouldn't be punished.

Carnage! 

Just now, FFF1077 said:

Carnage! 

Would be cool bodysurfing back in, nice way to finish!

Just now, zed said:

Would be cool bodysurfing back in, nice way to finish!

I would have to use my Daughters Barbie boogie board..... 

16 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

I would have to use my Daughters Barbie boogie board..... 

That would be some photo :)

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, zed said:

That would be some photo :)

Should see the looks I get at Mullaloo. Up the surfers end... :lol::lol::huh:

1 hour ago, zed said:

Please. Go to any beach in the world. People swim over and under waves yet triathletes can't?  Yet most swim 9-12k a week in a pool?  

Im not seeing an issue with that ocean start.  Think about a marathon start.  Sometimes it's 5 or 10 minutes before you get across the start line and then it can be up to a km before you are in "free space".

53 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

Im not seeing an issue with that ocean start.  Think about a marathon start.  Sometimes it's 5 or 10 minutes before you get across the start line and then it can be up to a km before you are in "free space".

Yeah I guess a lot of them looked very lost and not appearing to know what to do.

A lot of the problem is that they can't dive under the waves like you or I would, because if they did they'd slam into the person in front.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

A lot of the problem is that they can't dive under the waves like you or I would, because if they did they'd slam into the person in front.

Shouldn't happen anymore with a rolling start.