Tyno

Ten Questions with Roxii

I haven't checked if Roxii wants to do this or not, but he is conspicuously absent from the list of interviewees.

If this is my last post here, I've had fun :flush:

This borrows heavily from K2's 10 with Bernie - http://forums.transitions.org.au/topic/16592-ten-questions-with-bernie/

1. Roxii, can you give us a quick rundown of your tri history – notable events, rep teams, KWC wins etc?
2. What about the earlier sports back ground, going back to the school days?
 3. As the sole owner/proprietor here....for those that don't know, how did it all start for you – what lead to your takeover from Queen B?...and what about some early memories from the first few months in charge?
 4. What about some of those early memories and famous/infamous names past. Are you happy you didn’t have to deal with some of the historical histrionics? Do you miss some of the action of the good old days?
5. Are you happy with the current direction and feeling around the board and site as a whole? What would you like to see change or be added if you had the time/resources?
6. If there are things you’d like to improve, but currently can’t, could you see yourself putting a For Sale sign up? How many 6 packs would it take?
7.  Does the forum gives you any kind of fame or notoriety far beyond your Shire roots? Does it open any doors in the industry? Does it ever make it more difficult for you?
8. The early days of the forum had a number of big hitters hanging around, would you like to see that sort of scenario return or do you accept it’s a different time and only some, like Bergs, will jump in every now and then?
 9. Going back a long time there has been talk of people being happy to contribute to running costs and to help the owner make a bit of coin. Is this something you have thought about or are there mysterious benefactors who are putting some cash in behind the scenes?
10. If you could change one thing in the world of tri (ANYTHING tri related), what would it be? (For the purposes of this exercise, you have a GOD like power to make the change happen and smooth any negative issues it might have.)

• Like 7

Works been keeping me pretty flat out recently but will try and get to it ASAP. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Clarkevitch said:

Raised in south western sydney, birrong to be precise...the guys a legend. 

Say no more

Yagoona

Edited by Chookman

9 hours ago, Chookman said:

Yagoona

Nah Clarkey is right, Birrong for my formative years, rented in Yagoona for a while with the Mrs before we moved to the Shire.

Will try and get to these today.  Damn work is keeping me flat out. 

wouldn't worry about legal threats, I got taken aside at a tri night, one night and threatened that was going to happen to me for offering an opinion on compulsory membership,  i just laughed but seriously ??????????

Nice Roxii 

91 Orange was my first pay check I was 15 and got 2 x red lobsters $40 think I finished 6th or7th

i was filthy ritch  at the school tuck shop that month 😂😂😂

• Like 2

Well done Roxii.

Did you forget to mention the millions you make out of the site, or are you just keeping it "Mum" in case the ATO is reading the site?

43 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Well done Roxii.

Did you forget to mention the millions you make out of the site, or are you just keeping it "Mum" in case the ATO is reading the site?

:lol: yeah and I ride a giant so as not to arouse suspicion 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/16/2018 at 8:23 AM, roxii said:

I think we may have blown our chance with PJ though

:D

Thanks Roxii!

I couldn't come up with a random bonus question worthy of K2, so you get away with only 10 questions in your 10 Questions :)

• Like 3

Thanks Tyno and Roxii, a great read.

Am still happy to chip in a few dollars to help out, no doubt plenty of others feel the same way.

Hopefully someone on here now might be able to help out with some sort of sponsorship.  Like you said this site would be a great value way of getting their brand or product out there.  Ironman and TriAust could also do with some positive stuff so you'd think they'd be doing all they could to get you on board.

Anyways thanks & cheers!

How's the injury going?

• Like 2

Just another thought... (I've had a few lately).   In regard to getting more people to visit and post on Trannies then I seriously think a well designed race calendar with all events large and small, and including swims, runs and multisport etc all listed it would attract a lot of visitors.  If the event also had a link to a relevant thread about it (if there was one) then people could come on this site to ask questions about the event and read peoples feedback etc.  An interactive type of race calendar plus links to their websites etc.

It would take someone a lot smarter than me to get it going, I did try to start something a little while ago but just don't have the time, knowledge or following to make it happen.  Anyone...????  Consider it a Community Service, or helping Roxii out with the site!  We can all possibly help contribute to adding events, and a few volunteers might be able to add some links and keep it updated.  If it doesn't work, or it's too hard to maintain, then we've lost nothing but a bit of time.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Go Easy said:

How's the injury going?

Sports Dr this week so will know more after that. 

Expect more questions on Wednesday :lol: 

There used to be a calendar attached to the forum. 

Ill have a dig around and see what is lurking in the depths of the forum software. 

Thanks for the idea. 

• Like 1

On 14/02/2018 at 10:39 PM, Chookman said:

Yagoona

The land of the mean pie and Schooner :)

On 17/02/2018 at 8:46 AM, Tyno said:

:D

Thanks Roxii!

I couldn't come up with a random bonus question worthy of K2, so you get away with only 10 questions in your 10 Questions :)

Any sign of your pergola?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, FatPom said:

Any sign of your pergola?

Should be landing at your place any time now.... 

Good work Tyno and Roxii. 

You do a great thing by propping up the site Roxii, so many good things happen here and start here. A $20 annual subscription is and would be affordable for even guys like me. Think about it 👍👍

Cheers mate 

• Like 2