Sign in to follow this  
johan

Yeppoon - Kraken 102 (long course)

When I did it back in about 2007, it was an HIM - 1.9/90/21.  I thought it was always thus....or did it go soft in recent years :D

16 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

When I did it back in about 2007, it was an HIM - 1.9/90/21.  I thought it was always thus....or did it go soft in recent years :D

That was my first year at Yeppoon also!

6 minutes ago, FatPom said:

That was my first year at Yeppoon also!

Ok it must have been 2008 when I did it, cos it was the vision of your lilly white Pommy bod slumped in a chair after the race that inspired me to give it a go :lol:

• Haha 1

:lol: it was my first HIM. I came 6th from DFL. I looked for the thread about a year ago but couldn't find it.

”102” races (not promoted as such) were the effective standard long course back in the day. In fact I did over 20 long course races - most of them “102” - before I ever did my first “official” HIM distance race. 

And the “original” long course at Yeppoon was a 226 - in 1999 - my very first ultra distance tri

Edited by Andrew #1
  • Like 1

Was that the year that Belinda Granger and Matt Koorey won the Ironman?  They had a half the same day as well.  Windy and choppy in the swim.  

6 hours ago, Infinit Jase said:

Was that the year that Belinda Granger and Matt Koorey won the Ironman?  They had a half the same day as well.  Windy and choppy in the swim.  

Yep

On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 12:29 PM, Andrew #1 said:

d”102” races (not promoted as such) were the effective standard long course back in the day. In fact I did over 20 long course races - most of them “102” - before I ever did my first “official” HIM distance race. 

And the “original” long course at Yeppoon was a 226 - in 1999 - my very first ultra distance tri

Chuckie M completed the full in 1999...Liked the hill section out to Byfield on the bike and the turnaround on the bike in the main st..:D

Edited by Chuckie M
mistake
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Infinit Jase said:

Bahahahahahaha 99.  You blokes must be old.

I retired from Tri's 9 years before that.

• Like 2

On ‎14‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 8:07 AM, Chuckie M said:

Chuckie M completed the full in 1999...Liked the hill section out to Byfield on the bike and the turnaround on the bike in the main st..:D

Not to mention the run was 4 laps over the bridge and around the pool. I asked for a beer every lap going past the pool bar. There was some incredible sites sun baking as I ran past.:D:D

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this