Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Peter

Hang on. Did Elon Musk put a tesla into space

Recommended Posts

So who is going to trust their Tesla "Self Drive" system now? This one missed it's destination by a few million miles.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, goughy said:

This is all kinda cool stuff.  But how confident would you feel entering a space capsule to shoot to Mars knowing that 1/3 of the reusable rockets crashed and they got their to calculations wrong?

Probably the same as the US astronauts of the '60's.

I still find this one of the most inspiring series to watch. The episode on the guidance system is amazing. Being in the industry, I am still staggered at what they achieved with the technology of the time.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, XCOM! said:

Probably the same as the US astronauts of the '60's.

I still find this one of the most inspiring series to watch. The episode on the guidance system is amazing. Being in the industry, I am still staggered at what they achieved with the technology of the time.

 

Thanks XCOM. That was a great way to spend my lunch break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XCOM! said:

Interestingly enough, it looks like Musk will also collect another record... first car-crash in space. It appears they overestimated the required burn and will overshoot Mars, ending up in the asteroid belt, where they now expect to crash.

Im sure someone is building a space tow truck expecting a big payday. :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Thanks XCOM. That was a great way to spend my lunch break.

It's an awesome 6-part series.

If you can track down the others on YouTube, they are all well worth the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2018 at 8:28 PM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

You would think with a rocket named "Falcon Heavy" they would have put an XB GT Hardtop into space, rather than a Tesla.

The last of the V8 interceptors, Max!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2018 at 2:53 PM, XCOM! said:

It's an awesome 6-part series.

If you can track down the others on YouTube, they are all well worth the time.

Found them. This week's viewing sorted. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×