zed

Robson racing again...

He's doing the Rottnest Channel swim on Feb 24th. After his triathlon ban I was OKish with him racing again, everyone deserves a 2nd chance, but now after his cheating in the Ultra 100km as well as Ultraman Florida and 2 x HBF run for a reason 14km, I really think enough is enough. I contacted the Rottnest Swim committee asking for them to ban him from the Rottnest Channel swim 2018 as well as all future Rottnest channels swim and contacted his swim coach, Shelly Taylor-Smith asking for him to be removed from her squad, but a big negative from both parties. I guess their hands are tied?  Pretty disappointing he's still allowed to race. 

Untitled.png

And I really don't expect TA or TWA to take a different approach either because nowadays sport is run by administrators who don't have the ethics or balls to stand up for what's right.  It's my intention to bring the issue up at the club presidents' meeting in a couple of weeks time.  I can't wait for the non-committal response...

59 minutes ago, KieranR said:

I wonder if STS will allow him to renew his swim squad pass with her when it expires?

that sounds like a piss weak excuse to me. I am sure she has something in her t and c's that membership can be terminated at management/coach discretion.. refund his money and kick him to the curb...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pieman said:

membership can be terminated at management/coach discretion.. refund his money and kick him to the curb.

The highlighted section may be the issue.

Yeah, that Hitler bloke, I heard he was pretty bad, but he didn't actually do anything to me soooooo......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hold your horses Travis

TWA and TA did exactly what was required and right for the sport when we caught Robson cheating.

An investigation was undertaken he was found Guilty and served a 2 year ban from Triathlon

He is now banned from Ultra Running so they took the same course of action

What is it you think we don't have the balls to do.

TWA have spoken with STS Swim Squad and RCS and got the same response as ZED got.

We don't control other related sports but we sure have let them know.

Personally I think he should be banned from any sport including Community fun runs but I have run out of ideas as what anybody thinks can be done.

Its good that the Presidents will get the opportunity to go through it with your input but don't just complain....offer some solutions or ideas.

TWA are more than happy to listen and act where possible.

• Like 3

STS knew full well about his ban by TA and the blatant manner in which is was done yet when interviewed about the latest incident was falling over herself to try and say what a wonderful guy he was and that this was so far out of character that she couldn't understand it.  It wouldn't surprise me if she kicked others out of the squad for siding against him.  People believe what they want to and then act accordingly.  Reality has nothing to do with it.

Correct Stickman

Shelley Taylor is either deluded or in brand protection mode, and she is one of the worlds best self promoters.....and im not sure how that works being hes in her squad doing the damage.

The race Director in The USA who was also his long distance coach was exactly the same when presented with the facts from here but she still allowed him to race.

50 minutes ago, pieman said:

that sounds like a piss weak excuse to me. I am sure she has something in her t and c's that membership can be terminated at management/coach discretion.. refund his money and kick him to the curb...

True. She's so full of shit and gutless. 

The tinder rape guy was banned by his club when charges were laid. He still hasn't been found guilty. 

She could kick him out. 

• Like 1

Are they in a relationship? it reminds me of another episode that played out on Trannies about six years ago. Someone got busted lying  big time. Then the person they were banging at the time left a heated message on my phone defending them. 

1 hour ago, Peter said:

True. She's so full of shit and gutless. 

The tinder rape guy was banned by his club when charges were laid. He still hasn't been found guilty. 

She could kick him out. 

Not exactly - I spoke to the head of his club - he was banned due to another matter prior to it all hitting the fan (at which time they had no knowledge), however I understand that he would have been kicked out ASAP if he was still there when they become aware of it.  

3 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Are they in a relationship? it reminds me of another episode that played out on Trannies about six years ago. Someone got busted lying  big time. Then the person they were banging at the time left a heated message on my phone defending them. 

how did I miss that goss? 

If it was someone (female) from Adelaide that got busted I think I might have some idea... 

This really does reflect badly on STS that she continues to coach AND publicly support a proven serial cheater across multiple sports and highlights a lack of personal and sporting moral compass and ethics. Wake up to yourself Shelley

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, willie said:

how did I miss that goss? 

If it was someone (female) from Adelaide that got busted I think I might have some idea... 

That's the one

1 hour ago, AP said:

Kangaroo court

Seriously dude, whats with every post from u lately being some smart arse meme?

Its worse than the animal pun thread

All I'm reading is 'we've got our money, it's all good'.

On the other hand, it'd be bloody hard even for this grub to cheat at the Rotto swim, wouldn't it? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FatPom said:

On the other hand, it'd be bloody hard even for this grub to cheat at the Rotto swim, wouldn't it? 

You bring your own support boat so not really. 

18 minutes ago, willie said:

Who was she seeing? I missed that part...

Not a trannie

Edited by -H-

Oh actually he was a trannie! Just remembered his username, but he hasn't been in here for years

6 minutes ago, FatPom said:

1 minute ago, roxii said:

You bring your own support boat so not really. 

I would hope there would be an official boat very close to his support boat most of the way. 

Then again, the West Australian may have someone covering the race, and they'd be interested in watching one of their former employees, I'm sure.

Maybe they should be made aware of this race. nudge nudge. ;)

27 minutes ago, Turts said:

He's worked out how to post meme's.  Wait till he works out how to post the new Facebook polls! The trannie group will get smashed!

30 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Not really..... he will just hide in the boat......and swim the last 200 metres.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Turts said:

I wouldn't worry. He looks like a mummy they dug upthats over 3000 years old.  He's only got a few years left before he leaves us. 

His memes are almost amusing. 

Is there any truth to the rumour that Robson is bringing a portable toilet on his Rotto support boat? 

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Waza said:

Is there any truth to the rHumour that Robson is bringing a portable toilet on his Rotto support boat? 

He's going to use a potty.

The Rotto Swim guys should do what the WTS did when Robson "qualified" for Worlds a couple of years ago. They asked Jimmy Riccitello to chaperone him around the course, watch his mid-4's "times" go to mid-6s .... and then DQ him on a technicality and slap him with a 2 year ban! Jimmy had no issue with doing it, either, and thought the guy was a nob!

What a toss-bag this bloke is. We should be more concerned with people like this as they are diverting much-needed funds from our sport and where it should be spent - development!

• Like 1

Guest FFF1077

This is all crazy. 

The guy has issues with competing and cheating. Swim squad should distance themselves and RCS folks should refund his money and exclude him to protect the name/image of the event. 

Far out. Crazy shit 

Other members of that club should all say, it's either him or us.

We don't want to be part of a club that supports a known cheat.

27 minutes ago, Peter said:

That’s the reason, I left my last cycling team. I don’t want to be associated with dodgey pricks 

I'm sure a few of the locals will make him feel "welcome" Zed.

Maybe trannies should run a betting ring with odds on how he will cheat this time.

Snorkel? Pull bouy? Holding onto the boat? Neoprene shorts? The possibilties are endless!

2 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Might start a gofundme page to fly over there, hire a boat & follow him for the entire swim.

Anyone keen to chip in?

Only if I get to swim beside the boat. :)

I may accidentally land a couple on someone's kidney too. Just like the old days of mass starts.

Nah not to worry, he's done a couple of Rotto swims and typically comes last or near last. He sucks balls at swimming. In the 10km qualifier the only guy he beat was some bloke in his 70s. So if he does anything other than shit we'll be onto him. Ironically it would have been a piece of cake to cheat in the 10km qualifier. 4 laps, with various distances (1.25, 2.5, 5, 7.5) he could have simply done 3 laps and got out..  the 100km Ultra, much harder to cheat with timing mats, bizarre. And if he does cheat in the Rotto race he's going to need his 2 x kayakers plus boat skipper to be in on the game, doubt that's going to happen. That said he cheated in Ultraman Florida and he had team of 4 or 5 with him, so......  

Edited by zed

I've just a had a reporter from the West Australian contact me regarding Mark Robson. He's writing an article about him that's in the paper tomorrow, I think going into more detail about his past cheating as well as the Rottnest Channel Swim and whether or not he should be competing. So perhaps this may go somewhere?

I didn't realise how much I knew about this guy!

Edited by zed
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is the good thing about the 'sport' of fly-fishing.  Your 'competitor' with a brain the size of a pea can't cheat.  It either outsmarts you, or it doesn't (writing from NZ, been outsmarted for 2 days now :blush: ).

However, the local rabbits look dodgy......

RabbitMailbox_Smaller.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/31/2018 at 4:59 PM, Pete said:

Not exactly - I spoke to the head of his club - he was banned due to another matter prior to it all hitting the fan (at which time they had no knowledge), however I understand that he would have been kicked out ASAP if he was still there when they become aware of it.  

'Club' or 'coaching business'? There are important differences. And yeah, the Head of his 'club' is so squeaky clean they call him 'Teflon-man'.

Edited by The Customer

11 hours ago, The Customer said:

'Club' or 'coaching business'? There are important differences. And yeah, the Head of his 'club' is so squeaky clean they call him 'Teflon-man'.

You almost said it. That training group, is a bunch of ......  

5 hours ago, Triatx said:

Now a Finance Broker.....wanna borrow some money !!!!

Wasn't Frank Cardia a finance broker as well?

I would have guessed used car dealer...

13 hours ago, The Customer said:

Not defending the classification of clubs to commercial coaching groups - I am definitely an old school club is a club is a club kinda guy - nor the administration of same - simply clarifying a point made earlier in that context.

The "clubs" part could be whole 'nuther thread and something that I am particular sensitive to at the moment - there were people from two victorian coaching organisations "participating" in the recent (completely volunteer run and not-for-profit Audax Alpine Classic in full regalia however they had obviously not entered the event (no timing sticker). Can't say if they were using the aid stations or other facilities  but even if they weren't (yes, i know the roads belong to everyone) it just came across, to me at least, as arrogant and disrespectful.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Peter said:

If the money is there it doesn't matter. I've seen this a few times over the years.

16 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

behind a paywall...

I'll try and find it from another source. Article about him racing Rotto.