Peter

I’m a celebrity au. Wtf? Tomic?

Yep, must have thrown the Aus open quals as he was doing this instead.  Granted, he was never making the second week of open anyway so probably didn't need to.

Wifey and daughter are right into it so I probably will be too.  I'm hoping he's as big a wanker as I think he is - I'd hate to have to start thinking he's just misunderstood!

Kyrios next year???

For 3 years so far.  Can't seem to get Joel Greasy of our screens.....

4 minutes ago, roxii said:

Seems yet again we are redefining the word “celebrity” 

He is a b grade Aussie celebrity. 

It's not like they could get Hugh Jackman or Nicole Kidman or Kylie Minogue 

Edited by Peter

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

He is a b grade Aussie celebrity. 

It's not like they could get Hugh Jackman or Nicole Kidman or Kylie Minogue 

I walked past the tv and the kids were watching it. I only recognised him. 

So yeah he may qualify but the rest???? 

Well, that just saved me but pissed my wife off. With Mundine going in I won't watch a single episode, which means I'm off to watch tv in the bedroom. My wife will be pissed off because she hates him too, but she and my daughter will still watch it, which means less time with me around. 

9 minutes ago, goughy said:

Well, that just saved me but pissed my wife off. With Mundine going in I won't watch a single episode, which means I'm off to watch tv in the bedroom. My wife will be pissed off because she hates him too, but she and my daughter will still watch it, which means less time with me around. 

Perfect time to train. Pool each night 

6 hours ago, goughy said:

you'll be watching married at first sight then?

Star Trek Voyager on Netflix............................................................................................................................................

...........................................................................................................................................................................................

And getting in trouble for not spending time with the fam......

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, goughy said:

Well, that just saved me but pissed my wife off. With Mundine going in I won't watch a single episode, which means I'm off to watch tv in the bedroom. 

Should only be for a week assuming he gets put in the first vote

2 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

You could always just hop online instead & spend time with this family. :)

I was.....

7 hours ago, Peter said:

The paper is reporting Tomic quit tonight. 

I just got home. 

I hope it's not true 

I love the fact that this was the thing that had made him reconsider playing tennis again!!!

When I was falling asleep to this he was talking about it. Some chick told him to sleep on it. Next thing I knew,  it was 3am and my daughter was waking me because she had a bad dream. 

last night...this rubbish, married at first sight, or my kitchen fails....

meh off to the garage to put music on and tinker with bikes and camping gear....theres always something to do ... :lol:

then I get in trouble for not spending quality time with the other half whilst she watches it.. :wallbash:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Sleep? 

7 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Sleep? 

at 7.30pm?? nope... my 2 and 4 year old aint even asleep at that time..

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Shrek said:

It's times like this I don't mind paying for the documentary channels on Foxtel. 

18 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

It's times like this I don't mind paying for the documentary channels on Foxtel. 

There was an Attenborough repeat on, I watched that. 

3 hours ago, Shrek said:

then I get in trouble for not spending quality time with the other half whilst she watches it.. :wallbash:

This is exactly the issue I have!  This time is the couple of hours I spend with my wife.  Now, in the past I've just stayed out and watched it with the fam, but there is no way in hell I'm giving Mundine one minute of my time.  My wife even accepted that. 

• Thanks 1

Tomic was spotted at Jo'burg airport apparently. First one gone. Not sure if that is true or not.

5 hours ago, pieman said:

at 7.30pm?? nope... my 2 and 4 year old aint even asleep at that time..

Really? Miss 6 is in bed and asleep at 7:15. 

I'm glad I work nights and miss all this crap. During the day the only TV I seem to watch these days is Channel 22 kids ABC. It's high quality TV and what's on offer at 7:30 p.m.

Was worth watching when the original high 5 was on.

4 hours ago, Peter said:

Really? Miss 6 is in bed and asleep at 7:15. 

Usually have both asleep by 7.30pm depending how long daycare let them sleep for

5 hours ago, AA7 said:

Tomic was spotted at Jo'burg airport apparently. First one gone. Not sure if that is true or not.

Just walked in from dog obedience, looked at the TV and asked - where's Tomic.  You were spot on, he's pulled the pin.  I guess we know why he won't be No.1.  Not that I have a problem with that, that's his thing.  But his attitude sucks balls.

It is a sad reflection on today's society when shows like this, The Bachelor and all so called reality shows etc. are rated so high. I've not watched any of them and don't plan to.

If I'm going to watch rubbish TV, I'd prefer to watch those Wipeout type shows where I can at least get a laugh at the misfortune of others. Great viewing with the grandchildren.

On 28/01/2018 at 10:27 PM, goughy said:

good bloke mundine, my daughter played netball with his his. nothing like his public persona. 

shame Tomic quit.  I guess he took the soft option. dare I say I feel a bit sorry for him. he is a tool but I think he is just very insecure and burnt out from tennis. I doubt he will ever get any better at the game as no coach or psychologist can help if your motivation has gone. 

12 hours ago, pieman said:

Usually have both asleep by 7.30pm depending how long daycare let them sleep for

Stop number 4 sleeping longer than 45 at daycare. 

44 minutes ago, Peter said:

Stop number 4 sleeping longer than 45 at daycare. 

Those are our instructions but not sure being followed... anyway, will start another thread on childrens sleep habits..

I dont watch the show but I work with Simone's mum, we are great friends and they are a wonderful family.

Simone is a really lovely girl .... if you are doing the voting thing, throw a vote her way.

If never heard of her before. But watched enough of the start to see her pretty much show up the AFL dude with the arrival challenge.  I told my wife yesterday that I reckon she's gonna be a tuff nut, and a bit of a surprise!

Cheers Goughy. Simone is the face of Guess perfume and lives most of the time in LA doing modelling work. She gets invited to all the fancy functions and old rockers like Stephen Tyler invite her to their parties. But you are right, she's tough. Try living in LA on your own as a pretty young girl from Australia. Her family own a farm down the South Coast and she can ride motorbikes and do fencing and shes more at home in overalls and boots than she is in the model gear. She wants to win the show for her charity and she will go close I reckon.

On 30 January 2018 at 11:04 AM, softy said:

It is a sad reflection on today's society when shows like this, The Bachelor and all so called reality shows etc. are rated so high. I've not watched any of them and don't plan to.

If I'm going to watch rubbish TV, I'd prefer to watch those Wipeout type shows where I can at least get a laugh at the misfortune of others. Great viewing with the grandchildren.

The issue I have with "reality TV" is that it's not reality at all!!!! 

When was the last time someone asked you to eat flambéed goat's anus for $100,000?

This was the issue with Tom Arnold last year.  He got in there, then cracked the shits because he didn't realise they actually had to do all the stuff they saw on tv, he thought it was all rigged, and that they'd be sleeping in hotels etc etc.  I'm not saying it's real real......

between this, married at First Sight and The cooking show, I'm glad Ive got Netflix and other options.  All sh*t!  

At least there is Cricket on tonight! First Semi for the 20/20

If you want some funny "reality" TV, try Better late than never with Henry Winkler, William Shatner, George Foreman and Terry Bradshaw. 

2 hours ago, Ronny said:

between this, married at First Sight and The cooking show, I'm glad Ive got Netflix and other options.  All sh*t!  

At least there is Cricket on tonight! First Semi for the 20/20

im glad ive got my own TV/DVD combo in the garage with a collection of cycling DVD'S .... :walkman:

gosh, it seems channel ten really is struggling with their budget based on this lot. 

I normally don't mind Lambie, but by about half an hour last night, i just wanted to punch her. 

Most of the celebs have been half baked, wannabes, or has been's.  Mostly about getting their profile out there again.  The odd one will do it for fun.  And some will reveal their real selves, like Tomic and Mundine.  I went to bed be out started, but the girls in the house will watch it so I'll see some of it.

Forgot it was on but we honestly only have about 4 celebrities in Australia.  

The rest are just media sluts. 

• Like 1

It's the same $hite every year .... Group of people who are hard up for cash / narcissists / full of themselves who are prepared to eat flambeed kangaroo testicles. Hosted (in Britain, anyway) by two people who are as funny as polio!

No thanks - I'll go and read a book!

some chick from a weight loss show, someone else who used to be a pollie, some entertainment dude, some girl who cooks, someone who reads news, someone who tells jokes, someone who seems like he's a model, someone who used to be on tv, someone who used to play football, two who used to be on tv watching tv....