Triatx

Robson the Serial WA cheat at it again

So the Infamous Seriel WA cheat Mark Robson is at it again

Dqd for doing 1 lap in an 8 lap 100 running event but finishing 5th overall !!!!

nothing changes

I'd just like to point out that he's from the U.K., he's not a West Aussie.

Which race?

• Like 1

100k Ultra in Australind last weekend.

australiadayultra.com

Sloppy cheating by his standards....musnt have put enough thaught into it !!

1 hour ago, Triatx said:

So the Infamous Seriel WA cheat Mark Robson is at it again

Dqd for doing 1 lap in an 8 lap 100 running event but finishing 5th overall !!!!

nothing changes

So what was his undoing?  Howd he get sprung as having done only 1 lap?  

3 hours ago, Stikman said:

I'd just like to point out that he's from the U.K., he's not a West Aussie.

Which race?

Call it payback for sending Julian O'Neill over here. :P

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Turts said:

So what was his undoing?  Howd he get sprung as having done only 1 lap?  

Probably looked too fresh at the finish. Seeing as he's a Pom and getting known down under, maybe he needs to move to Canada or the Middle East to race. 

This is from the AURA facebook page (there is a bit more if you want to check it out)

STATEMENT FROM THE AUSTRALIA DAY ULTRA AND ULTRA SERIES WA REGARDING THE
DISQUALIFCATION OF MARK ROBSON FROM THE AUSTRALIA DAY ULTRA 2018
Released Tuesday 23 January 2018
The Australia Day Ultra and Ultra Series WA regretfully advises a competitor in the 100km
event at the Australia Day Ultra held in Australind Western Australia on January 20 2018 has
been disqualified from the event.
We believe competitor number 25 Mark Robson cut the course short on up to seven
occasions and did not complete the full 100km. We have the following supporting
information that led to the decision to disqualify Mr Robson:
 The race is conducted as eight 12.5km laps conducted on an out and back course of
6.25km distance each way. A timing transponder was carried by Mr Robson,
however it recorded a reading on the timing mat at the 6.25km turnaround point
only on the first of the eight laps of the race. On seven occasions no time was
recorded.
 Two separate observers verified that Mr Robson was reaching the 3.1km aid station
on race laps, however not reaching the 6.25km point. It is presumed Mr Robson
turned around somewhere between the 3.1km and 6.25km mark of each lap when a
transponder reading was not recorded.
 The volunteers at the 6.25km aid station were asked to look for Mr Robson coming
through the aid station to check his transponder. The volunteers did not witness Mr
Robson arriving or departing the aid station.
 A competitor who by the race results should have been overtaken by Mr Robson,
cannot recall seeing Mr Robson pass him.
 A runner reported another competitor had seen Mr Robson running behind him, and
then after the turnaround point noticed Mr Robson was now significantly in front of
him.
Given this information the Australia Day Ultra felt it had no other option other than to
disqualify Mr Robson from the event.
OBSERVATIONS FROM THE RACE DIRECTOR
AND TIMING OPERATOR OF THE AUSTRALIA DAY ULTRA
I was the Race Director and Timing Operator for the Australia Day Ultra 2018 held in
Australind Western Australia on 20 January, here are my observations of Mark Robson, a
competitor in the 100km event.
Prior to the event, this is the process used to test the timing system hardware:
Every transponder that the runners wore was repeatedly tested across the actual start finish
mat/ and the actual 6.25 km split lap mat in a simulated race environment. Every
transponder tested correctly over and over with the loop strength set at 100% (highest
setting) so that the transponders could be worn at any height on the body.
In testing, the transponders were tested at shoulder height with no missed readings. The
manufacturer of these transponders guarantees no more than 1 dropped read in every
10,000 readings at approximately 200 km/hr. I have never had a dropped read at any of the
events I have conducted the timing.
The transponder that Mr Robson was using was one of the newer models we use so the
internal battery strength was good.
At 02:23:32 Saturday morning, Mr Robson came in to complete his second full lap of the
12.5 km course. As I watched the screen it was immediately obvious that the split lap that
should have been recorded at the far end of the course at the 6.25 km mark was missing (as
the runners pass the split mat it stores that read in the transponder itself and records it back
to the main mat at the start/finish on passing).
I discussed the timing issue with Shaun Kaesler of Ultra Series WA, who informed me he
believed there had been questions surrounding the validity of some of Mr Robson’s results
in the past. This given we set to ensure all the timing equipment was functioning correctly.
I immediately started to look for hardware issues and informed the volunteer assisting at
the far end aid station turnaround point at the 6.25km mark to look at the transponder
location placement on Mr Robson when he next passed to ensure that it was set on his body
in an appropriate location.
After a long delay, I received no notification from the aid station of Mr Robson going
through the 6.25km turnaround point, so I called the volunteer again to be advised he had
not passed through the aid station. Shortly after, Mr Robson did cross the start finish line
again, to read a third full lap measurement of 1:18:3, with yet again no split lap reading
from the other end of the course.
I did observe that the transponder was worn on Mr Robson’s ankle which is the best
location for a clean read. The timing seemed to coincide with my call so the aid station
volunteers should have observed him passing through the 6.25km aid station as there is
only one way in and out, as well it was lit.
Next, I drove down to the aid station 2 located about half way to the turnaround point at
3.1km and observed Mr Robson leaving aid 2 in the direction to aid 3, the 6.25km
turnaround point. At aid 3 I checked the loop strength of the timing box and ensured it was
set at 100% signal strength. When Mr Robson did not arrive at Aid 3 while I waited for him, I
drove back towards the start/finish line where I have observed him running very slowly
between aid 2 and the start.
When Mr Robson came in to complete his 4th lap time in 1:09:14, he crossed the timing mat
and went to the toilet. He spent approximately 5 minutes in the toilet which accumulated
towards his lap 5 time. He appeared to change clothes, and then took off to run lap 5. This
was his fastest lap in 1:02:02 for 12.5 km which once again had no split measurement from
the far aid station. This would make that lap somewhere near 58 minutes for 12.5 km
discounting the toilet stop. At this point I informed volunteers manning the far aid station
again to look for Mr Robson to pass, they did not observe him coming through the aid
station.
During this lap Rob Donkersloot observed Mr Robson run through aid station 2, Mr
Donkersloot then drove to the turnaround point aid station and waited for Mr Robson to
arrive there. Upon hearing Mr Robson had arrived at the start / finish to complete the lap,
he left the aid station, not having seen Mr Robson arrive there.
It was at this time that I noticed Mr Robson was starting to overtake some of the runners in
the results, so I asked Shaun Kaesler to ask a competitor who appeared in the rankings to
have been overtaken if Mr Robson had come past him on the previous lap. Shaun stated to
me that the competitor said that no, Mr Robson had not passed him on that previous lap.
On Mr Robson’s lap 7, I once again attempted to observe him crossing the line at aid 3 and
noted that he went through aid 2 and did not arrive at aid 3. He then returned to the
start/finish line to record a 7th lap time without a split reading. It was at this point that I felt
it confirmed he was not reaching the far aid station on many of his laps.
I felt Mr Robson had to be leaving the course and tried to locate the position, and catch him
doing this, but was unable to spot him on the course when I drove down to aid 3.
On completion of his 8th and final lap for a completion time of 9:34:10 for the 100km event
Shaun Kaesler approached Mr Robson with myself as an observer, and asked him to explain
why he was at one-point 500m behind someone leaving aid 2 and then on returning to aid 2
he was 1 km in front of that same runner, and that runner was running much faster than he
was and had remarked he had not been overtaken. Mr Robson was unable to give any
answers to the numerous questions put to him. After a couple of examples, Mr Robson was
told that he was not welcome at any Ultra Series WA events in the future. Mr Robson
commented “I am not going to go through this again” and left the event.
After the race another competitor approached me and mentioned that another runner (a
close friend) had observed a runner who was travelling way slower than him and was
considerable distance behind, appeared to then be quite some distance in front of him after
he turned for home from the aid station 3. He stated that that runner was Mark Robson. I
mentioned we were already investigating Mr Robson’s run.
These are the 7 missed split readings for Mr Robson. It is important to note that on the first
lap Mr Robson’s split was recorded at the half way point aid station (shown below as 1111).

On reviewing the results for all competitor across the 25/50 and 100km events, not one split result was missing other than those of Mr
Robson.
On testing Mr Robson’s transponder after the event, it worked perfectly under a simulated race test.

What a grub. But he obviously has a psych issue.

• Like 2

That deserves a "frickin' hilarious" Lawman!!

So, how well is he known in the general sporting community now, and does he have any chance of participating in any event anywhere again, over there at least?  

• Like 1

What's this guy do for a job?  

career criminal. 

Is he banned from triathlons yet? Surely TA could.  

They banded the rapist guy before he was proven guilty. 

Mark is guilty of cheating many times. 

• Like 1

It would be interesting to know what the general sporting bodies would do regarding him now?  Could be a "it wasn't our event, not even our sport so wash our hands of it all".......    Would be nice to see every single sporting body in Aus (don't care what code) ban him.

Doesn't matter what he does for a job Peter, he cheats and lies at it without a doubt.  Does he have a girlfriend or wife, or boyfriend...... cause I'd be checking his phone carefully if I was them!  He would cheat and lie at every aspect of his life.

Please don't tell us we need to be careful what we say Roxii, pretty please.  Scum gotta pay!

1 hour ago, goughy said:

That deserves a "frickin' hilarious" Lawman!!

So, how well is he known in the general sporting community now, and does he have any chance of participating in any event anywhere again, over there at least?  

So far he's cheated in road races, triathlons and ultra runs.Hes banned from a number of road races plus the ultra races. He's free to race triathlon and did Busso after his ban was up, but hasn't been seen since. He seems to do a few OWS, e.g Rotto. I keep an eye on the results. A recent 10km Rottnest qualifier, he came dead last, so he's no swimmer...  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

Has he raced Kona?

No. Almost qualified though. He's raced worlds twice. 

3 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Has he raced Kona?

He raced 70.3 Champs but due to the efforts of Triatx and TWA he received special attention from the technical officials and did a very slow time.

From the race director himself. This Robson fella is a wanker of the highest order:

Australia Day Ultra and the subsequent Disqualification of Mark Robson.
On Saturday the 20th January, 2018, I had the privilege of co-Race Directing the Australia Day Ultra 
with Alexis Oosterhoff and Event Director Ron McGlinn for the 100k/50k/25k distances.
During this event, it is our duty to ensure the safety, etiquette and fairness for all competitors and 
volunteers alike.
As this event earns IAU (International Association of Ultra Runners) labelling and the course is 
measured and certified, and numerous national and international records were being attempted at 
the event, an additional timing mat was established at the turnaround (6.25k) end of the course to 
give additional breakdowns and accuracy for the event.
The timing system utilised by us and operated by Ron McGlinn has an accuracy of 9999 in every 
10,000 reads.
It was after lap 3 that missed readings at the turnaround from one particular runner, Mark Robson, 
came to our attention. Ron asked me to keep an eye on the readings as this was very strange that it 
was missing, particularly due to the accuracy of the timing and the fact it was running at 100% 
reading strength. Mark had recorded a reading on the first lap, but none since (and consequently 
none at the turnaround for the remainder of the race). I alerted Ron to the fact that Mark Robson 
had previously been accused and subsequently banned from Triathlon Australia for 2 years after 
investigations into suspicious results.
Giving Mark the benefit of the doubt, we presumed his transponder may have been on his wrist, but 
discovered it was around his ankle and as close as possible to the transponder mat giving the most 
accurate of readings.
It was at this point that we asked 2 AURA members at the turnaround point to look out for Mark 
crossing the mat and confirm if he even made it to that aid station as we were starting to get 
suspicious. We also had an additional AURA member start manually recording timing for segments 
Mark ran (approx. 3.125k segments between the aid stations) and keep an eye on his movements on 
the course. At this time, now the start of his 5th lap, Mark was taking an approx. 5 min toilet stop and 
aid replenishment.
I also decided that I was not comfortable with the possibility that inaccuracies may be happening 
and decided to discreetly follow Mark on the course and not only Mark, but the 2 runners in front of 
him AND the 2 runners behind him (with those 2 running behind actually competing in the 50k 
distance at a slightly quicker pace than what Mark’s 100k pace was – confirmed by start/finish line 
splits). I observed all 5 runners making it to the middle aid station (approx. 3.125k out from the start 
line), and consequently continued my attempt to follow all of them to the turnaround point. It was 
here that Mark disappeared from the course approx. 500m further on down the road (where very 
dense bush is present) and I could not see him. I observed the other 4 runners (2 in front of Mark 
and 2 behind) continue on down to the turnaround point and cross the mat and record a split. I 
waited an additional 10 minutes for Mark to show up but was nowhere to be seen. None of the 
other 3 AURA members witnessed him making it to the turnaround line either.
I headed back towards the finish line observing the other 4 runners heading back towards the middle 
aid station from the turnaround and still no sighting of Mark Robson.

As I came towards the finish line, I observed Mark running back out towards the turnaround about 
500m after going through the finish to record a time. He had gained an incredible 3.5k on the other 
4 runners I was observing over a 6.25k section!!! Keeping in mind that 2 of these runners where 
running fast 50k races (eventual podium finish for 1 and 4th for the other) and yet he gained so much 
distance on them over an incredibly short measurement. I also asked one of the 100k runners in 
front of him whether Mark had passed them which he confirmed he had not. In fact not at any stage 
in the race, and yet the start line recordings would suggest they were leapfrogging each other.
Consequently, this lap (lap 5) was his ‘fastest’ lap of the race even with a 5 minute toilet/aid break.
I already knew that there was only one explanation and my suspicions now had been confirmed. 
Mark had cut the course short from the out and back, hid in the bushes at the bend approx. 500m 
past the middle aid before turning back to ‘complete’ his lap, running only approx. 7.25k of the 12.5k 
lap each time (with the exception of the first lap).
It is physically impossible with the manually recorded times (that we recorded with a manual timing 
and witness) that we have of Mark and compared to average times from the 2 x 50k runners that 
were just behind him, for him to have run the times he is claiming.
We decided to not let Mark know we knew of his cheating as it would give us only more 
confirmation and evidence that he was not witnessed making it to the turnaround for the remaining 
3 laps of the race. We let him continue on to ‘claim’ his finish coming in at well under 10 hours, 
shouting a big “BOOYAH” crossing the finish line.
I congratulated Mark on crossing the line, shook his hand, and took off his transponder. He asked for 
a medal saying ‘I think I’ve earnt one of them’ and as I grabbed the medal to present to him, with
Ron McGlinn as my witness, I asked him to just explain a few queries we had. Firstly asking him why 
(with the exception of the first lap) that we had no recordings for him at the turnaround electronic 
recorder? With very shocked eyes (obviously not realising there was a turnaround recorder) he 
mumbled and suggested that he didn’t know why it didn’t record. I asked him if he had anything he 
wanted to tell us as we have suspicions. His only reply was that he ‘busted his arse out there today’. I 
explained that I did have an explanation as to why we had no recordings, because I had followed him 
on the course for lap 5 and had people observing him out on the course from lap 3 to 8 with none 
witnessing him at the turnaround, although witnessing him at the middle aid station. We had eyes 
everywhere and I told him I had confirmed him cheating by observing him for the lap 5 and seeing 
him “jump” 3.5k ahead of 4 runners over the 6.25k section!!!!! He asked me where I thought he had 
hid with me explaining that I suspected it to be approx. 500m past the middle aid station. With a 
shocked and disappointed look (best explained as guilty) he mumbled that he is “not going through 
the same shit he did 3 years ago”. With that, Mark grabbed his stuff and left.
Now, we don’t take accusations lightly and have accrued very solid evidence to support and confirm 
Mark cheating. We even asked Mark to supply us with a copy of his gpx file from the race to which 
he has confirmed he doesn’t have one.
Not only is Mark cheating himself, but he is cheating fellow runners (supposedly friends), us as race 
directors and the volunteers and supporters, let alone training/coaching partners that have helped 
along the way.
As Ron and I have ZERO tolerance for cheating and quite obviously this is a repeat offence for Mark 
Robson in the sporting world, we have no choice but to implement a Lifetime ban for any Ultra 
Series WA events. We have also passed the information onto Australian Ultra Runners Association and other relevant sporting bodies.

8 minutes ago, ghettodeluxe said:

From the race director himself. This Robson fella is a wanker of the highest order:

Australia Day Ultra and the subsequent Disqualification of Mark Robson.
On Saturday the 20th January, 2018, I had the privilege of co-Race Directing the Australia Day Ultra 
with Alexis Oosterhoff and Event Director Ron McGlinn for the 100k/50k/25k distances.
During this event, it is our duty to ensure the safety, etiquette and fairness for all competitors and 
volunteers alike.
As this event earns IAU (International Association of Ultra Runners) labelling and the course is 
measured and certified, and numerous national and international records were being attempted at 
the event, an additional timing mat was established at the turnaround (6.25k) end of the course to 
give additional breakdowns and accuracy for the event.
The timing system utilised by us and operated by Ron McGlinn has an accuracy of 9999 in every 
10,000 reads.
It was after lap 3 that missed readings at the turnaround from one particular runner, Mark Robson, 
came to our attention. Ron asked me to keep an eye on the readings as this was very strange that it 
was missing, particularly due to the accuracy of the timing and the fact it was running at 100% 
reading strength. Mark had recorded a reading on the first lap, but none since (and consequently 
none at the turnaround for the remainder of the race). I alerted Ron to the fact that Mark Robson 
had previously been accused and subsequently banned from Triathlon Australia for 2 years after 
investigations into suspicious results.
Giving Mark the benefit of the doubt, we presumed his transponder may have been on his wrist, but 
discovered it was around his ankle and as close as possible to the transponder mat giving the most 
accurate of readings.
It was at this point that we asked 2 AURA members at the turnaround point to look out for Mark 
crossing the mat and confirm if he even made it to that aid station as we were starting to get 
suspicious. We also had an additional AURA member start manually recording timing for segments 
Mark ran (approx. 3.125k segments between the aid stations) and keep an eye on his movements on 
the course. At this time, now the start of his 5th lap, Mark was taking an approx. 5 min toilet stop and 
aid replenishment.
I also decided that I was not comfortable with the possibility that inaccuracies may be happening 
and decided to discreetly follow Mark on the course and not only Mark, but the 2 runners in front of 
him AND the 2 runners behind him (with those 2 running behind actually competing in the 50k 
distance at a slightly quicker pace than what Mark’s 100k pace was – confirmed by start/finish line 
splits). I observed all 5 runners making it to the middle aid station (approx. 3.125k out from the start 
line), and consequently continued my attempt to follow all of them to the turnaround point. It was 
here that Mark disappeared from the course approx. 500m further on down the road (where very 
dense bush is present) and I could not see him. I observed the other 4 runners (2 in front of Mark 
and 2 behind) continue on down to the turnaround point and cross the mat and record a split. I 
waited an additional 10 minutes for Mark to show up but was nowhere to be seen. None of the 
other 3 AURA members witnessed him making it to the turnaround line either.
I headed back towards the finish line observing the other 4 runners heading back towards the middle 
aid station from the turnaround and still no sighting of Mark Robson.

As I came towards the finish line, I observed Mark running back out towards the turnaround about 
500m after going through the finish to record a time. He had gained an incredible 3.5k on the other 
4 runners I was observing over a 6.25k section!!! Keeping in mind that 2 of these runners where 
running fast 50k races (eventual podium finish for 1 and 4th for the other) and yet he gained so much 
distance on them over an incredibly short measurement. I also asked one of the 100k runners in 
front of him whether Mark had passed them which he confirmed he had not. In fact not at any stage 
in the race, and yet the start line recordings would suggest they were leapfrogging each other.
Consequently, this lap (lap 5) was his ‘fastest’ lap of the race even with a 5 minute toilet/aid break.
I already knew that there was only one explanation and my suspicions now had been confirmed. 
Mark had cut the course short from the out and back, hid in the bushes at the bend approx. 500m 
past the middle aid before turning back to ‘complete’ his lap, running only approx. 7.25k of the 12.5k 
lap each time (with the exception of the first lap).
It is physically impossible with the manually recorded times (that we recorded with a manual timing 
and witness) that we have of Mark and compared to average times from the 2 x 50k runners that 
were just behind him, for him to have run the times he is claiming.
We decided to not let Mark know we knew of his cheating as it would give us only more 
confirmation and evidence that he was not witnessed making it to the turnaround for the remaining 
3 laps of the race. We let him continue on to ‘claim’ his finish coming in at well under 10 hours, 
shouting a big “BOOYAH” crossing the finish line.
I congratulated Mark on crossing the line, shook his hand, and took off his transponder. He asked for 
a medal saying ‘I think I’ve earnt one of them’ and as I grabbed the medal to present to him, with
Ron McGlinn as my witness, I asked him to just explain a few queries we had. Firstly asking him why 
(with the exception of the first lap) that we had no recordings for him at the turnaround electronic 
recorder? With very shocked eyes (obviously not realising there was a turnaround recorder) he 
mumbled and suggested that he didn’t know why it didn’t record. I asked him if he had anything he 
wanted to tell us as we have suspicions. His only reply was that he ‘busted his arse out there today’. I 
explained that I did have an explanation as to why we had no recordings, because I had followed him 
on the course for lap 5 and had people observing him out on the course from lap 3 to 8 with none 
witnessing him at the turnaround, although witnessing him at the middle aid station. We had eyes 
everywhere and I told him I had confirmed him cheating by observing him for the lap 5 and seeing 
him “jump” 3.5k ahead of 4 runners over the 6.25k section!!!!! He asked me where I thought he had 
hid with me explaining that I suspected it to be approx. 500m past the middle aid station. With a 
shocked and disappointed look (best explained as guilty) he mumbled that he is “not going through 
the same shit he did 3 years ago”. With that, Mark grabbed his stuff and left.
Now, we don’t take accusations lightly and have accrued very solid evidence to support and confirm 
Mark cheating. We even asked Mark to supply us with a copy of his gpx file from the race to which 
he has confirmed he doesn’t have one.
Not only is Mark cheating himself, but he is cheating fellow runners (supposedly friends), us as race 
directors and the volunteers and supporters, let alone training/coaching partners that have helped 
along the way.
As Ron and I have ZERO tolerance for cheating and quite obviously this is a repeat offence for Mark 
Robson in the sporting world, we have no choice but to implement a Lifetime ban for any Ultra 
Series WA events. We have also passed the information onto Australian Ultra Runners Association and other relevant sporting bodies.

Ban him from every sport.  A joke

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ghettodeluxe said:

Firstly asking him why 
recorder? With very shocked eyes (obviously not realising there was a turnaround recorder)

So he obviously did the entire first lap you'd think to susss out where he was going to hide for the remainder.  How the heck did he not notice the timing mat at the turnaround?

If ur gonna try and cheat you at least have to be smart about it!  Dillburger. 

• Like 1

I don't understand what he is trying to do.

He must train as he still managed to run for 9+ hours (with rest every lap)

he is not cheating to win (if he is he isn't good at that either) still almost 2hrs behind the winner

At this point it is only the internal sense of achievement for completing a 100km race (that he is not doing). I don' think anyone else would care what time you do it in. so why put yourself through 9 hours of pain to only cheat yourself?

Someone needs to interview him to ask, why he cheats?

If it's to win, deep down you would still know you didn't actually win.

Is it to brag to mates that you won?  

I don't get it

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

He has to admit it first before he can answer that.  Has he ever once put up his hand and said yep, I did wrong?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Peter said:

13 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

He has to admit it first before he can answer that.  Has he ever once put up his hand and said yep, I did wrong?

I reckon Oprah could get it out of him. What do you think? Her next trip down under we get her to do a live interview with OUR cheat?

The Poms have been dumping their crims down here for centuries - we're stuck with him now - maybe he could enter politics as long as he gives up his UK citizenship :lol:

• Like 1

I have no doubt he doesn't even feel like he's done wrong.

But I bet he feels like he's been wronged!!!!!

Welcome to the mindset of this type of person.  Seriously, if you're Marks partner, get his passcode and check his phone and email!!!

• Like 1

From a purely scientific reason - I would like to understand the mindset beind this behaviour. What motivates someone to cheat like this & not very sophisticated or succesful ways either!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Peter said:

If it's to win, deep down you would still know you didn't actually win.

Is it to brag to mates that you won?  

I don't get it.

That's the thing. Non sociopathic, regular humans will never understand the behaviour of people like this...we just don't get it...and you won't get a straight answer either.

You could ask the same sort of thing of alcoholics, thieves (sorry - 'heartless thieves'), drug addicts...you'd be wasting your time.

5 minutes ago, surfer101 said:

From a purely scientific reason - I would like to understand the mindset beind this behaviour. What motivates someone to cheat like this & not very sophisticated or succesful ways either!

When he cheated during IMWA he was wearing a superman cape (I'm not joking) so it would have been obvious to people he was cheating when they overtook twice in 1 lap.  He did a similar thing, hid in the toilets. 

An innocuous post on his Facebook wall alludes to perhaps why he cheats. A few schoolmates were taking the piss about his tubbiness  and lack of sporting prowess at school.....   who knows. 

There's something seriously amiss though. He's obviously not well.

• Like 1

I'm not well, and my sporting prowess has been a joke for decades.......  doesn't make me wanna cheat.  And, having spent a lot of time playing golf (a sport where the individual mostly regulates themselves), I've had tonnes of opportunities!

Just now, goughy said:

I'm not well, and my sporting prowess has been a joke for decades.......  doesn't make me wanna cheat.  And, having spent a lot of time playing golf (a sport where the individual mostly regulates themselves), I've had tonnes of opportunities!

Not excusing him. Just saying he obviously has some deep seated issues, whatever they are. Narcacisstic personality disorder?

Don't worry Z, I didn't think you were excusing him at all.

I wonder if he cheated at Ultraman Florida too? He did close to 4.30 for a 10km OWS in December in perfect conditions, finishing last, yet in Florida he swam 2.55 for 10km and had the 4th fastest swim split. 

• Like 1

You need to wonder!!!!!!  Give yourself an uppercut!

22 minutes ago, zed said:

Not excusing him. Just saying he obviously has some deep seated issues, whatever they are. Narcacisstic personality disorder?

Yes, definitely has real psychological issues. Probably permeates to all areas of his life.

• Like 1

I emailed the race director when I found out he entered, querying his eligibility, but she didn't reply. Turns out he had hired her as a coach, so I guess she looked the other way when it came whether he was eligible or not.

• Haha 2

if you scramble the letters of his first and last name you end up with Kevin Moats

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We did interview him twice at length during the IM and 70.3 investigations.........He isn't a cheat we all made a mistake !!

He was given ample opportunity back then to fess up with minimal repurcussions,but he chose to fight the accusations which cost a bloody fortune in members money proving the point.

My gut feel having delt with him and talked to him is that he actually enjoys the attention ....good or bad.At last years HBF fun run here in Perth I watched him being heckled by a bunch of runners as we waited for the start.....they were giving it to him both barrels and it was like water off a ducks back.

Hes a different human being and I suspect has some serious mental issues.

Cheating the way he does takes planning and preparation so its not a spur of the moment thing its premeditated.

As Zed said Triathlon and running is the tip of the iceberg in terms of how he has led his life.

We had contact with his Ex Wife during the original investigations {she made contact}and she painted a picture of a twisted and odd individual.

I sometimes wonder....this is a guy we know is cheating....how many more are we missing whilst distracted by this plonker. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Triatx said:

I sometimes wonder....this is a guy we know is cheating....how many more are we missing whilst distracted by this plonker. 

People are onto cheats pretty fast now days

Even AP was saying the guy that won his AG in Kona was a cheat.  He is a bit of a keyboard captain and I suppose he never bothered following it up with the powers that be, but even then, if the guy was a cheat and anyone wanted to chase it up, they could.

BTW Well done on once again bringing this to peoples attention.  I hope you mentioned it to the TriWA board. 

Edited by Peter
  • Like 1

Yeah don't think there would be many/any persistent cheats in WA. It's too obvious. Everyone knows how quick the top 20 guys are, if a boper suddenly started podiuming people would be onto them. I'm surprised it took so long for people to figure out Robson. Obviously TWA needed proof, but what about his mates and training buddies. He went from gumby swimmer to elite swimmer in a year... why weren't they busting his balls? They would have known he cheated.  

And god knows what shit he has spun Shelley Taylor-Smith, he's the second coming as far as she's concerned. 

Edited by zed

Now aura and the race director have said their bit, I wonder if it will be like Triathlon and someone gets on here from this sport and says words to the effect - we can publish what we have done but please don’t mention it.....lol

Just the thought of these fukkers sitting on a portaloo with their pants up staring at their watch while they do their complicated math has got to make you laugh. 

We all who we are for a reason. Interested in the why behind this stuff. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Peter said:

Even AP was saying the guy that won his AG in Kona was a cheat.  He is a bit of a keyboard captain and I suppose he never bothered following it up with the powers that be, but even then, if the guy was a cheat and anyone wanted to chase it up, they could.

Huge difference to this case.  The guy may of had a cracking race & trained for it. It sounded like a case of sour grapes. Maybe the other guy just trained harder, maybe he finally got his nutrition sorted.  Some people look for an excuse, others get up earlier and train harder. 

17 hours ago, Triatx said:

My gut feel having delt with him and talked to him is that he actually enjoys the attention ....good or bad.At last years HBF fun run here in Perth I watched him being heckled by a bunch of runners as we waited for the start.....they were giving it to him both barrels and it was like water off a ducks back.

Fk that. I love taking the piss out of people & there is no way I would be saying anything to this nut job. 

7 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Fk that. I love taking the piss out of people & there is no way I would be saying anything to this nut job. 

I'm the same, though maybe something like, "**** off. You're not welcome here." may have passed my lips pre-start.