Sign in to follow this  
AA7

BMC Job

Interesting in that ad to click on the reviews of 99Bikes by their employees and their 1 star ratings pretty much match the rating I give whenever I shop there....

Didnt know that mob were the BMC people though

51 minutes ago, pieman said:

Interesting in that ad to click on the reviews of 99Bikes by their employees and their 1 star ratings pretty much match the rating I give whenever I shop there....

Didnt know that mob were the BMC people though

22 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

They want a lot for $85k a year........ Good luck if they can get someone with that skillset at that price point.

Tie both of these together and you wonder why the store has a relatively high turnover of staff (well at least the reviews state that).

I think while 99 bikes and Advanced Traders (the Bmc distributor) share a parent company I’m pretty sure they are fairly distinct and separate operations.

but yeah for a “premium brand “ that’s a lot of job for the $$ 

4 minutes ago, roxii said:

I think while 99 bikes and Advanced Traders (the Bmc distributor) share a parent company I’m pretty sure they are fairly distinct and separate operations.

but yeah for a “premium brand “ that’s a lot of job for the $$ 

I thought grossly underpaid also.

Pay peanuts get monkeys, could do them more harm than good. Unless they get someone that just loves cycling and doesn't care... I'd expect there would be some decent perks to it though.

Yeah there would be lots of “perks” (product launches, TDU, TDF) which would be great for a year or so but you can’t take them to the bank. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roxii said:

Yeah there would be lots of “perks” (product launches, TDU, TDF) which would be great for a year or so but you can’t take them to the bank. 

that's where I reckon they might get someone who'll do it for love, not money or as you say, will stay 12months and then go elsewhere where the coin is better

13 hours ago, AA7 said:

I thought grossly underpaid also.

That was my second thought, my first one was someone needs to learn how to write a job ad

3 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

That was my second thought, my first one was someone needs to learn how to write a job ad

Typical HR, write the worlds most over complicated job ad. Hope for a genius but pay peanuts.  Get the wrong person and 12months later they have to do the all again. HR justifying keeping a HR department. 

35 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Typical HR, write the worlds most over complicated job ad. Hope for a genius but pay peanuts.  Get the wrong person and 12months later they have to do the all again. HR justifying keeping a HR department. 

If the person writing that was HR, they need to stop calling themselves HR

12 hours ago, willie said:

that's where I reckon they might get someone who'll do it for love, not money or as you say, will stay 12months and then go elsewhere where the coin is better

My thoughts exactly... somebody who loves BMC and is inbetween other stuff.

Know of a couple people who don't need the money that might be interested. They may baulk at the amount of work required though.

Some people want the hard $130 others are happy with the cruisy $80k

I work with one of the latter, I just may strangle his lazy ass by the end of the week.

On 22/01/2018 at 4:54 PM, Bored@work said:

They want a lot for $85k a year........ Good luck if they can get someone with that skillset at that price point.

Some ex pro or b level pro that is past it will do it until they realize they need to turn up to work everyday.