Peter

Tinder Rape triathlete

Sounds like a complete nutter - his post on Transitions is still one of the weirdest things I have ever seen on this forum.

Also for ETPA  - This from another article: 

Elite Triathlon Performance Australia released a statement which said Mr Hartland was a club member for a short period earlier in 2017 but was suspended.  The club said his suspension was unrelated to the allegations he faced. 

I don't know for sure however I think it had to do with a really big tanty he through poolside after someone was tapping his feet during some lap drills.

7 minutes ago, The Customer said:

Remember when he came on here and introduced himself? 😕

Yep, that was fkn weird. 

• Confused 1

On 20/01/2018 at 1:53 PM, Pete said:

Sounds like a complete nutter - his post on Transitions is still one of the weirdest things I have ever seen on this forum.

10 hours ago, The Customer said:

Remember when he came on here and introduced himself? 😕

So, sadly my curiosity can't help but ask, is there a link?

Ill have to check,, I think we hid it from view for everyones sake. 

OK its still locked but here is the thread,,, now that the hearing is over.

33 minutes ago, roxii said:

Ill have to check,, I think we hid it from view for everyones sake. 

OK its still locked but here is the thread,,, now that the hearing is over.

Thanks, that is fully strange. Good call on making it go away, I didn't remember it and so clearly missed it -  I'm not sure what he was thinking posting on an online tri forum out of the blue before/during an impending trial.

Poor ETPA having to deal with him as well, how unlucky to have that problem crop up.  I used to train with them and they were/are a great bunch.

Just now, dazaau said:

Thanks, that is fully strange. Good call on making it go away, I didn't remember it and so clearly missed it -  I'm not sure what he was thinking posting on an online tri forum out of the blue before/during an impending trial.

Poor ETPA having to deal with him as well, how unlucky to have that problem crop up.  I used to train with them and they were/are a great bunch.

Yeah there are a few other  threads which have been hidden due to the way people were tying him to ETPA and making some pretty poor comments. 

• Like 1

The press did love using his photo in his ETPA kit. 

15 hours ago, roxii said:

Yeah there are a few other  threads which have been hidden due to the way people were tying him to ETPA and making some pretty poor comments. 

Ah, the temptation to say something here. sigh.

8 hours ago, The Customer said:

Ah, the temptation to say something here. sigh.

haha  You don;t need to say it.  I know exactly what you'd like to say about ETPA.  if it helps, they are a tiny percentage of what they once were.

Had a google alert on this guy so have been following (stalking?) this thing since the original whacky post .  It is fascinating what part 'Triathlon' plays in his psyche.  Also seen for Hamish ( you know "who the hell he is"!) and a few others.  Some kind of delusional belief in the importance of their training and (MOP age group) racing, like they are an Olympic swimmer or something and they have a "duty" to lose themselves in their preparation.  Is there a name for this condition?

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Had a google alert on this guy so have been following (stalking?) this thing since the original whacky post .  It is fascinating what part 'Triathlon' plays in his psyche.  Also seen for Hamish ( you know "who the hell he is"!) and a few others.  Some kind of delusional belief in the importance of their training and (MOP age group) racing, like they are an Olympic swimmer or something and they have a "duty" to lose themselves in their preparation.  Is there a name for this condition?

Narcissism?

2 hours ago, zed said:

Some kind of delusional belief in the importance of their training and (MOP age group) racing, like they are an Olympic swimmer or something and they have a "duty" to lose themselves in their preparation.  Is there a name for this condition?

I was just going to say "Triathlete".

• Like 1

I got put onto the Facebook page, Bad Dates of Melbourne, its actually a pretty good laugh, also very cringe worthy and leaves you thinking how or why people are so wierd!

But reading this guys story, makes me think that alot of the stories (if actually true) could have ended up going the same way it went for these unfortunate women....

2 hours ago, nealo said:

I've started reading Case Law results since my daughter started doing Law at Uni, it's really very interesting.

Anyway here's his case

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewdoc/au/cases/vic/VCC//2019/628.html

Wow thats interesting reading that. Thx for posting.  I can see how you have started reading this stuff

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Wow thats interesting reading that. Thx for posting.  I can see how you have started reading this stuff

The victim impact statements are tragic. He is scum.

19 minutes ago, Ironnerd said:

Agree.  How he got off so easy shocks me. 

3 hours ago, Ironnerd said:

Yes, he is scum and the 14 years non-parole he gets is nothing to the impact on the poor (but strong) victims. I hope he doesn't enjoy prison!

Wow...... Unbelievable. I would have given him 10 years for each crime minimum and also had him castrated!!!!

13 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Wow...... Unbelievable. I would have given him 10 years for each crime minimum and also had him castrated!!!!

I was thinking 15yrs per rape.

• Like 1

Was the ex fiance a knowing accomplice or just driving him from crime to crime?

16 minutes ago, pieman said:

Was the ex fiance a knowing accomplice or just driving him from crime to crime?

I was wondering the same thing. Or was she under the impression he was a "changed man" and simply going upstairs to break up with these women.

Over & over.

That's some very sad and horrible reading. It's also sad it takes the justice system so long to work that you can commit a crime and have it reported and still have literally years to perpetrate other crimes. (reported to Police for rape 2014, rape new victim 2016).

I can only assume the "discount" for pleading guilty must be huge. 

4 minutes ago, roxii said:

The whole legal system is an absolute disgrace!! You can murder your wife and only get SIX YEARS JAIL!!! I really don't know how these judges can live with themselves....

https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/courts-law/borce-ristevskis-act-of-cruelty-wasnt-contained-to-killing-his-wife/news-story/1f1ca6396b66782da8b019cf69da244b

26 minutes ago, roxii said:

Roxii from my link above

94 This makes a total effective sentence of 14 years and 9 months’ imprisonment.

95 I fix a non-parole period of 11 years.

96 On charge 4 on Indictment H11321655.1, you are sentenced as a serious sexual offender and I direct that this be entered into the records of the court.

97 Pursuant to s.6AAA of the Sentencing Act 1991, had you not pleaded guilty, you would have been sentenced to a total effective sentence of 19 years’ imprisonment with a non-parole period of 15 years and 6 months.

also

79 Your plea of guilty brings with it the utilitarian benefit of saving to the community the time, cost and trauma of a trial, and I give you credit for your plea to reflect that utilitarian benefit. However, as your counsel has recognised, it was a late plea. In your record of interview on 27 January 2017, you denied any sexual offending and insisted all of the sex between you and your victims had been consensual. That was, of course, your right. You were charged in relation to the contact sexual offences on 2 May 2017. There was a committal hearing between 15 and 19 January 2018 at which all of your victims were cross-examined on your behalf. Those matters ostensibly resolved and on 22 October 2018 you pleaded guilty to Indictment H11321655.1 and a plea date was set for 29 March 2019. On 25 March 2019 you indicated to the court that you wished to change your plea. Accordingly, the plea date was vacated and your victims were left wondering whether they would now have to give evidence at a trial of these matters. On 9 April 2019 you withdrew your application and your plea was heard on 29 April 2019.

47 minutes ago, more said:

The whole legal system is an absolute disgrace!! You can murder your wife and only get SIX YEARS JAIL!!! I really don't know how these judges can live with themselves....

https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/courts-law/borce-ristevskis-act-of-cruelty-wasnt-contained-to-killing-his-wife/news-story/1f1ca6396b66782da8b019cf69da244b

There wasn't enough evidence. 

29 minutes ago, zed said:

There wasn't enough evidence. 

He pleaded guilty...so obviously enough to scare him he would be convicted of murder...