Jump to content
Ironnerd

Moats fails another drug test.

Recommended Posts

Just now, Bored@work said:

old guys taking drugs so they can get a Kona spot...........  so sad.

 

#blessed

Who will be next?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given ironman is a private race. Don't know why they just don't refuse entry to anyone that tests positive. 

I wonder how little no his retirement will last. 

Old guys taking drugs. Not surprised when 65 plus guys keep breaking records. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest FFF1077
5 hours ago, Bored@work said:

old guys taking drugs so they can get a Kona spot...........  so sad.

 

#blessed

#bullshit.... 

LOL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moats is reflecting; on how he slipped up to get caught again!  And he's wondering if Crossfit has drug testing?

Caught twice for drugs and was the subject behind the rear view mirror scandal. The only thing people like him will be sorry about is getting caught. His own actions won't faze him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Moats contacted Slowtwitch with the news not yet announced by Ironman."

 

and he dobbed himself in to Slowtwits. Not going quietly into the night!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm probably being naive but he said he's taking it for health reasons.  My dad is 70 something and he takes it, as a cream he rubs on his arm.  Don't know why. I don't think that's a father-daughter topic. He doesn't do sport at a competitive level (unless you call trying to outhold a yoga pose against your wife). But maybe old folk sometimes need it for something? ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest FFF1077
1 hour ago, Turts said:

"Moats contacted Slowtwitch with the news not yet announced by Ironman."

 

and he dobbed himself in to Slowtwits. Not going quietly into the night!

Mater 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Cranky said:

I'm probably being naive but he said he's taking it for health reasons.  My dad is 70 something and he takes it, as a cream he rubs on his arm.  Don't know why. I don't think that's a father-daughter topic. He doesn't do sport at a competitive level (unless you call trying to outhold a yoga pose against your wife). But maybe old folk sometimes need it for something? ?

True. But a guy winning his age group in Kona is different to the 70yr old guy at the bowling club that struggles to get to the corner shop to buy the paper.  

Btw. I suggest you never touch your dad again. Some rubs off and AA7 will have no one to battle in tris. You'll be serving 4 years. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The lack of a TUE is the giveaway cranky.  Any athlete, at a top level (age group or pro) would absolutely have one if it was genuinely needed.  He never even tried.  Hell I can go on stimulant medication any time I want and even I'd get a TUE........  Loser who thinks he's a winner who doesn't realise everyone thinks he's a loser.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep - This is a little different from old mate taking 'anti-aging medication'

For the average person, no worries, but if you want these drugs, then you don't compete. Simples.

I am surprised they 'only' gave him 8years, I would have expected that as a second offense - Lifetime. (Which may only be 8-10years anyway)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having met Moats on two occasions and had a little time talking to him,i think he is a borderline psyco.

His attitude was quite different in that he is of the opinion that the officials are there to police the rules that have been made by the sports governing bodies, and its not about him being a good sport and doing the right thing as most of us do and simply show good sportsmanship.He is there to Win and as such he will do whats needed and if he gets pulled up not following the rules he will take the consequences of his actions.To date he has never denied a thing or tried to blame someone else he just says yep I was taking it because my doctor thaught it was a good idea.Same with the drafting...yep I was and you got me no problem.

This explains the Rear view mirror,the drug taking and the constant and blatent drafting.He will do it until hes told not to by the officials at that particular event and then he will repeat the process at the next event.

There are a multitude of stories about him drafting entire bike legs of events,and I mean sitting so close to people its scarey.

He has done the Testotorone thing since at least 2005 when his performances improved dramatically.

God knows what else he hasent been pinged for.

A long time competitor of his Joe Bonness who watched all this go on must be shaking his head.

So his test was prior to Hawaii where he finished third...what about 2 months before where he also finished 3rd at Chattanooga 70.3 worlds where he didn't get tested.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Triatx said:

Having met Moats on two occasions and had a little time talking to him,i think he is a borderline psyco.

 

Wonder if they are like this to do the drugs, or the drugs do it to them.  Another psycho 5 years ago today showed little remorse when he appeared on Oprah and had an attitude of win at all costs

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

Wonder if they are like this to do the drugs, or the drugs do it to them.  Another psycho 5 years ago today showed little remorse when he appeared on Oprah and had an attitude of win at all costs

Tom cruise? ;) 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2018 at 12:29 PM, goughy said:

Moats is reflecting; on how he slipped up to get caught again!  And he's wondering if Crossfit has drug testing?

Caught twice for drugs and was the subject behind the rear view mirror scandal. The only thing people like him will be sorry about is getting caught. His own actions won't faze him.

It was meant to be funny.

 

I'll get my coat :whistling:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FatPom said:

It was meant to be funny.

 

I'll get my coat :whistling:

I thought it was funny :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If moats was a golfer he'd be the guy known around the club as having the best "foot wedge" and the worst maths skills.  Dude would be cheating in about everything he does in life to get himself an advantage.......... wonder if his wife ever checks his phone?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trannie guidelines are not to be making claims about other athletes without proof.  You can discuss the Moats case as it is public.  Don't be making Roxii liable for other claims.  

Replies have been removed, no further public discussion online without some form of proof or deposit of $10 million into Roxii's bank account before hand

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

Wonder if they are like this to do the drugs, or the drugs do it to them.  Another psycho 5 years ago today showed little remorse when he appeared on Oprah and had an attitude of win at all costs

It’s their personality , they will do whatever it takes to make themselves look good , feel important etc.  they dont have remorse 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't assume you are too far removed from Moats. The capacity of the human brain to rationalise the indefensible is pretty high in everyone.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Naut said:

Don't assume you are too far removed from Moats. The capacity of the human brain to rationalise the indefensible is pretty high in everyone.

I wouldn't say everyone, but there are certainly a lot like it. The A-hole that drafts the whole bike leg is no different, but may not go to the extreme of drugs due to the fact the cost of being caught is greater than the benefit of coming 27th instead of 45th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...