willie

Willie goes down - again

So I got knocked off my bike again yesterday, just found out I've fractured 2 ribs and probably torn my shoulder apart (there's even less movement then I already had from Rugby years ago). Dude pulled out in front of me when I was doing about 45km/hr. Lucky I was on the roady and not the SS at the time (SS only has one break on the front). 

Nearly ended up in a punch-up with the guy that hit me. His excuse "I thought being on a bike you'd stop when I pulled out in front of you". Um WTF buddy? You're kidding aren't you F Wit. He didn't take too kindly to me calling him an F Wit and decided he'd try grab me and a small scuffle ensued. I had him pinned on the ground and a pedestrian that saw it jumped in and got us apart. Then he kicked off yelling and screaming about cyclists and how we shouldn't be on the road. I just sat in the gutter, the pain had hit me and I realised I did some damage. Cops arrived and he blamed me black and blue for everything. Then they asked me, I pointed out that I had cameras front and rear (thanks Cycliq) and whipped out my laptop to show em the footage. It was handy that it also picked up the scuffle and captured all the noise and abuse etc. 

Probably new bike time if the guys insurance comes through, mine is absolutely cactus. The fork didn't break (not sure how) but the headtube is a lil bent and rear stay (drive side) went into my wheel :( That's a car (wrote it off) and a bike in less than two weeks. Surely I get some good karma out of this for the shop (that's not opening for a few days now). Anyone in Syd able to lend me a road bike for a few weeks? I'm now down to a single speed (I'm selling cause I'm weak as piss) and a TT bike (the TT is not getting commuted on, it's dangerous enough on the roadie!)

• Sad 5

Shite thats no go willie. Hope everything heals okay

good luck with the shop. Waiting for it to open so I can order some stuff 

am about to buy a front/rear combo,  the new one's are a bit more expensive than the older combo

1 hour ago, willie said:

Anyone in Syd able to lend me a road bike for a few weeks?

Mate you're very welcome to borrow my basic Merida if you want it? Was the first bike I bought out here but I haven't ridden it for over a year and it's just sitting in the garage looking forlorn... PM me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Merv said:

am about to buy a front/rear combo,  the new one's are a bit more expensive than the older combo

I've got the older version and they work just fine. You can find them pretty cheap around the place also. I will add, if they were asking more than $650 for the set when I bought mine (new ones are that price for front and rear) I probably wouldn't have bought them. 

• Like 1

thanks mate, Pushys have the old combo on sale for $319.00

• Thanks 1

Bugger mate. No good. I think you own or owned all my spare bikes :lol: so I don’t have one to lend you unfortunately. 

• Like 1

Shit to hear mate, but glad u were well enuf to sock the dickhead!

Good for the cameras too. Flys are such a good thing. Hopefully the cops do it justice

So glad you got the whole thing on camera.  Idiot!!

Glad to hear you're OK. 

3 minutes ago, Cranky said:

So glad you got the whole thing on camera.  Idiot!!

Glad to hear you're OK. 

Agree - 

Sorry to hear Willie.

Show us the footage son, show us the footage..B)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

That sucks mate, sorry to hear about the injuries and the bike. Good work fronting-up to the low-life sh*t head. Hope that footage nails the idiot, especially the failure to understand road rules and right of way!

Really sorry to hear Willie!  Grab those lights peeps while they still have them - that's an insane price and they work just fine.  Wish I'd waited....

Like last time I got hit... Footage just goes to cops till it's all sorted. 

Never good to hear of a man down, glad you got footage as supporting evidence.

Wait and see what comes from old mate insurance wise then advise police you want to pursue assault charges to add to the drivers woes.

Holy shit! 

Really glad you are ok. Shoulder will heal etc. 

**** some car drivers/people are cock heads. Geez. 

Great for you to be able to show the footage straight away. Get well soon mate 

You’ll have to change that Target top you keep wearing to something nicer. Get better soon, after all, you have a new business venture to run. 

Literally a target painted on your back.

FM

Edited by Flanman

As much as I hate living this far out sometimes, I am glad I do. *touch wood* I have not had a incident yet.

No can do on the roadie, I am a short ass compared to you. Get well soon!