Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Flanman

Bike Fit

Recommended Posts

Sorry, been looking for old threads but can't find what I was after.

 Someone out in Penrith. Are there any others known in Sydney City or Coogee way ? Apart from Matt Mc down the Shire, are there any others ?

Not for me - for a friend.

Ta

FM

  

Edited by Flanman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ryan @ 3D Bike Fit. This thread honestly doesn’t need to go any further.

If your friend wants the best, then they need to go to him.

Edited by Hoffy86
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having had a retul fit in Brissie, I highly recommend the experience. And I have no idea what I'm talking about!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/01/2018 at 6:48 PM, Bored@work said:

Have you thought about going to see Ryan.

Me ?  I have. Maybe my next bike. My roadie is almost due for replacement. After all, it’s a 2005 Felt. 

FM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bump:

For those who had a bike fit, did it take long to adjust to your new set up? Did you go back for minor tweaks or changes?

Reason for asking I had a fit done for my roadie, I now have sore hip flexors & sometimes lower back if Ive been out longer. Would my new set up highlight existing muscle tightness/imbalance or could it be causing the soreness?

I do plan to go back, just wondering what The Tranny Collective had experienced. Thanks all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Surfer said:

Would my new set up highlight existing muscle tightness/imbalance or could it be causing the soreness?

Yes & yes.

The fitter should note any obvious inflexibility and any feedback you give them, but it wouldn't be unusual for something that was OK for a few minutes at a time during the fitting to either create or exacerbate an unknown/unidentified issue on a longer outing.

Definitely head back for a tune up.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tyno said:

Yes & yes.

The fitter should note any obvious inflexibility and any feedback you give them, but it wouldn't be unusual for something that was OK for a few minutes at a time during the fitting to either create or exacerbate an unknown/unidentified issue on a longer outing.

Definitely head back for a tune up.

Thanks Tyno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone been to Ryan recently?

Tried to reach him a few times now but no luck...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ryan has taken a job with a friend, he is still fitting but only existing clients or people who are booked in around his schedule, it’s a real shame to lose someone with his fitting/triathlon brain from the industry but his reasoning is fair. 

The real problem is there isn’t too many fitters who are worthwhile if you ask around people in the know. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fark!! That is a real shame!! He's got some incredible knowledge!

 Where to go now in Sydney? Is anyone even remotely as good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Torn said:

Fark!! That is a real shame!! He's got some incredible knowledge!

 Where to go now in Sydney? Is anyone even remotely as good?

In a word .............. no 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, clintred said:

it’s a real shame to lose someone with his fitting/triathlon brain from the industry but his reasoning is fair. 

What was his reasoning? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably actually wanted to make a living??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, clintred said:

Ryan has taken a job with a friend, he is still fitting but only existing clients or people who are booked in around his schedule, it’s a real shame to lose someone with his fitting/triathlon brain from the industry but his reasoning is fair. 

The real problem is there isn’t too many fitters who are worthwhile if you ask around people in the know. 

 

WOW! 

That's a real loss for the tri/ cycling community.  He was like the "rain man" of bike fit. 

When I met him it was when Specialized were acquiring Retul and were going to be blocking the bike selector database (basically they didnt want fitters recommending anything other than specialized I assume) 

Ryan wasnt fazed as he pretty much had the whole thing in his head anyway and didnt need to refer to the database anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, willie said:

What was his reasoning? 

I won’t answer for Ryan but I guess it it similar to a lot of people who have a deep deep knowledge of their passion, although they would love to be able to apply it daily and help people better themselves in that field they also have financial commitments that will eventually win out and making a decent wage for your family wins out. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he's anything like me it will be the fact that a proper fit takes 2-3 hours and even with high disposable income, the market is very reluctant to pay an amount that compensates you for that time. I know it costs me money to block 3 hours of my normal Physio consultation hours to do a retul fit. I don't know how you could make it work full time. I still do fits but havent marketed or advertised the fact for 3 years, only word of mouth from local coaches or repeat customers really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And for what it is worth, Parkside does a very good job....says this repeat customer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Leon said:

And for what it is worth, Parkside does a very good job....says this repeat customer.

Absolutely, and with the knowledge of a top notch physio to go with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Leon said:

And for what it is worth, Parkside does a very good job....says this repeat customer.

too good a job mate, you rode away from me coming back from Lake Cathie like I was standing still!!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...