Sign in to follow this  
Bored@work

TDU - Who's in town for the race

Me!  Arriving Tuesday and coming home Sunday

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, -H- said:

Me!  Arriving Tuesday and coming home Sunday

Cool, lets do coffee. I was thinking about doing a Friday morning Norton summit loop.

And ending up at Uraidla?  Maybe even a cheeky beer at the Uraidla Pub?

I'm in Adelaide, Saturday 13th to Sunday 21st - 'Ride Like Crazy' event on Sunday 14th as well as BUPA challenge

1 hour ago, -H- said:

And ending up at Uraidla?  Maybe even a cheeky beer at the Uraidla Pub?

Not sure. I might need to get back to work :( but I can always turn around at the top & head back.

Would be keen to catch up for coffee, not so much riding though, haven't been riding much lately... 

The guy with the mo & a beer is a mate of mine. Very handy rider & a great bloke. Loves everything about bikes & racing them. 

How good was Canty's attack! I think the entire office knows about it after I screamed at my phone.

On 1/11/2018 at 8:56 AM, Supamau said:

Would be keen to catch up for coffee, not so much riding though, haven't been riding much lately... 

You would have fitted in well! I met up with Bored@ for a coffee ride, we had the coffee.....

Friggen hot as in Adelaide last week - I had planned on riding 100+/- every day but ended up doing much less, still rode every day though.  Had an awesome time as usual, caught up with lots of old mates but missed seeing some others because of the oppressive conditions.  At least the pros were getting paid to be out there, we were doing it for free!

52 minutes ago, -H- said:

You would have fitted in well! I met up with Bored@ for a coffee ride, we had the coffee.....

Friggen hot as in Adelaide last week - I had planned on riding 100+/- every day but ended up doing much less, still rode every day though.  Had an awesome time as usual, caught up with lots of old mates but missed seeing some others because of the oppressive conditions.  At least the pros were getting paid to be out there, we were doing it for free!

You paid to go there. Even worse 

Watching friends over there on Strava and there was a lot of 40-60km early morning rides "to beat the heat".

I just saw today that the prizemoney will be equal for the women & the men next year. I wonder if the distances will be?

And there may be a few pro's pissed off they didn't come this year (it was a 2nd tier event) when the SA Government decided to send all winners cheques to make their prizemoney the same as the men's this year as well.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

Australian Open has equal prize money and the Women only play to 3 sets.

I don't see prize money as a compelling reason to make distances the same.

Was a crazy busy week for me with work & other stuff going on.  If the weather is better next year & I can get my ass into gear. I will arrange a Norton Summit loop back to the city for coffee and breakfast.  I'll probably look at doing it on the Friday morning before the stage with an option to bug out & head to the stage.

I did manage to take a new Canyon out for a test ride..........