Sign in to follow this  
goughy

School me on remote control cars?

So youngin no.2 is keen on one of these. I don't know crap about them. Obviously not willing to spend a motza but not after a $50 Kmart thing!  I only remember the grasshopper and hornet mates had when I was a kid. 

Anything wrong with the coupla hundred cars?  Big backyard with some spots it could get airborne and big gravel driveway. And BC that would live to chase it!

We picked up this for our son last year

http://www.mildtowildrc.com.au/rc-cars/electric/1-10-scale-off-road/helion-dominus-sc-brushed-1-10-short-course-truck-rtr.html

There are different types of motors (Brushed v brushless), brushless go like the clappers. This one does enough for him!

We had to get additional batteries and chargers (online for much cheaper prices).  Once the battery dies you then have to wait for the charge to complete.  Easier to load up another battery and keep going.  We haven't had any issues with the car and its pretty much ready to roll out of the box.  

3 hours ago, Ronny said:

We had to get additional batteries and chargers (online for much cheaper prices).  Once the battery dies you then have to wait for the charge to complete.  Easier to load up another battery and keep going.  We haven't had any issues with the car and its pretty much ready to roll out of the box.  

yeah I wont forget the day....this happened to my hornet...30 years ago

we were running it , charging it , running it, charging it...and it overheated and melted, whilst being charged from the old mans car battery...

wise suggestion ronny, grab a few batteries... :-)

• Like 1