Merv

Truce

Just come back from a ride.  A guy in front got cleaned up by a car doing a u turn in front of him.  At least he stopped.  I rode with the guy rest of beach rd to make sure he got home ok.  

We got drivers details and he said stuff it.  His bike all scratched up so he can get it fixed.  Not different to a car getting reoairs on insurance.  The guy had bark off thats all.  

Edited by Fitness Buddy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AA7 said:

Unless he had a camera on bike or helmet, I doubt anything would happen sadly. 

Always ride with a camera now. Crazy if someone in your group doesn't have one.

Even more crazy if you ride solo without one front and back.

Some sweeping generalisations here but....

most serial bike haters are bogans. 

Mist bogans have a weird love affair with sporting heroes.

most of these hero’s are v8 drivers, footy players (afl/ nrl), motor bike riders etc.

some legends of these sports are pretty decent and serious cyclists. Most v8 drivers do it for fitness,super bike rider Troy herfoss is almost pro level cyclist, Michael Ennis from the sharks just did IM70.3 and is aiming for Ironman.

why isn’t there an ad campaign showing the bogans that their heroes are “Lycra clad poodters and that the guy you are abusing today is the same guy you cheer for on the weekend.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, roxii said:

.why isn’t there an ad campaign showing the bogans that their heroes are “Lycra clad poodters and that the guy you are abusing today is the same guy you cheer for on the weekend.

There is, with Mick Doohan and Robbie McEwan. But I cannot find a video of it.

It goes along the lines of driver abusing group of cyclists. Said cyclists catch him at the lights and tap on his window, revealing who they are and his embarrassment. 

17 minutes ago, roxii said:

most of these hero’s are v8 drivers, footy players (afl/ nrl), motor bike riders etc.

some legends of these sports are pretty decent and serious cyclists. Most v8 drivers do it for fitness,super bike rider Troy herfoss is almost pro level cyclist, Michael Ennis from the sharks just did IM70.3 and is aiming for Ironman.

why isn’t there an ad campaign showing the bogans that their heroes are “Lycra clad poodters and that the guy you are abusing today is the same guy you cheer for on the weekend.

Sam Mitchell, Shane Crawford and more 

1 hour ago, roxii said:

I pitched a concept to BQ and TMR years ago with qld origin legends as the riders but no budget for it apparently...

1 minute ago, pieman said:

I pitched a concept to BQ and TMR years ago with qld origin legends as the riders but no budget for it apparently...

During the off season I'd regularly see Sam Thaiday out riding around my area. And he was wearing lycra.

15 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

During the off season I'd regularly see Sam Thaiday out riding around my area. And he was wearing lycra.

Bullshit?? 

Really? 

Yeah i imagine if gordy tallis or someone pulled up to the Bogan ute that just abused them it could get interesting... 

12 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

Bullshit?? 

Really? 

Yeah. He lives about 5km from here. I don't know who it was, but the guy that was always with him was in a Qld Cycling team jersey, so was probably being paid to get Sam fit. 

I still saw him more often at Brumbys though. :)

• Like 1

These things reinforce the level of stupidity in the community.

I reckon Frodo is using this as an ‘excuse’ to go the full Lionel Sanders and start training 100% of the time in the garage. Next it will be a near miss with a bull shark leading to the installation of an endless pool. Followed by a fear of drop bears in the Sunshine Coast hinterland and a new treadmill ...

• Like 1

Dont subscribe to the courier mail, how bad is the Frodo back lash ?

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:29 AM, Andrew #1 said:

I reckon Frodo is using this as an ‘excuse’ to go the full Lionel Sanders and start training 100% of the time in the garage. Next it will be a near miss with a bull shark leading to the installation of an endless pool. Followed by a fear of drop bears in the Sunshine Coast hinterland and a new treadmill ...

He might have to man up and head to Lanzarote like all the other Euro pros. Reminds me I must head back there some time...:D

Edited by Chuckie M

I only get the opportunity to ride to work during school holidays which is a round trip of 60km from southern end of Gold Coast to Northern end all along beach front which can be pretty busy.  During these Christmas school holidays I have not had any issues with any cars, the opposite really all waiting until they can pass and allowing plenty of room.  The only issues I have had are pedestrians particularly around Surfers.  They seem to like to come out into the bike lane to see if anything is coming.  I had one guy look straight at me and continue to walk straight in front of me.