Peter

Cycling kits. What's yours and why

After new kit. Not cheap shit stuff or top of the line.  

Links?

looks nice?

I got some pedal mafia and jaggad over xmas sale period but can't justify the cost at normal times..

Feen looks okay but haven't seen or worn them

26 minutes ago, pieman said:

I got some pedal mafia and jaggad over xmas sale period but can't justify the cost at normal times..

Feen looks okay but haven't seen or worn them

I bought a Feen kit on sale at Noosa Tri. I really like it. They have some cool looking gear.

Been looking at some of the Stolen Goat stuff, their Orkaan range are meant to be waterproof, a la Gabba.  The designs are by Stolen Goat but I think the kit is by Bioracer.

I've been in Dhb stuff for a little while now. The bibs are good but definitely not the nicest bibs I've worn. Currently have a few Jaggad jerseys which I absolutely love. The designs of the current stuff on sale doesn't really tickle my fancy but I'm hoping that they bring out some new designs soon.

I signed up to a new cycling team & they are supplied by Ventou.  Their gear is nice & they do a plan Brooklyn Project range, that looks schmick.

I'll look at MAAP, Rapha, Black sheep etc at the TDU. For the amount of time I spend in the kits & how long they last. I'm going to drop the coin & see if they are worth the extra $$$

I'll keep older kits for commuting to work etc.

7 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

I signed up to a new cycling team & they are supplied by Ventou.  Their gear is nice & they do a plan Brooklyn Project range, that looks schmick.

I'll look at MAAP, Rapha, Black sheep etc at the TDU. For the amount of time I spend in the kits & how long they last. I'm going to drop the coin & see if they are worth the extra $$$

Ashmei is where it's at if you really want to drop some coinB)

59 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

I’ve got Rapha, black sheep, assos and a fair bit of castelli stuff. In terms of comfort and long lasting nothing comes close to assos I’ve found (style though is questionable though with some of their stuff 😂). Black sheep looks good but pretty average on long rides and starts to lose its shape. Rapha bibs just don’t come close to assos for comfort with the exception of their shadow stuff - used the water repellant ones for Norseman and they were first class. Castelli tops have been pretty good and have their top end jacket which again is 1st rate when it’s raining hard (bought in a sale - no way I’m paying $400+ for a jacket!). 

• Like 1

Scody is good but need their top of the line.  

Best kit I own at the moment is Zoot.  Very light and comfortable. 

No idea on costs as I get enough kit from rides I do to last me, but my favourite is Nalini.  The AMG rides each year order their kit and it's my first go to kit.  Scody seems to do some of the other kits and I don't find it quite as comfortable

Our team kit is Craft, has lasted really well and is comfortable. We went for the top level chamois though so can't comment on the comfort of the standard chamois. Jersey are a great fit and cut is close fitting so no flapping at 70-80k. Craft also have some great specials at different times of the year.

2 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

Scody is good but need their top of the line.  

Best kit I own at the moment is Zoot.  Very light and comfortable. 

Love my Zoot race suits.

How's the Wynn Republic kit?

31 minutes ago, AA7 said:

Love my Zoot race suits.

So does corky93.. 😁

I shop top of the line only.  $39 delivered for a top and bottom on ebay in the latest racing designs.  Surely they must be the legit stuff eh, would be illegal to copy the proper ones?

3 hours ago, AA7 said:

Love my Zoot race suits.

I haven't got the wyn stuff yet.  Once it arrives I'll let you know.

2 hours ago, BC_J400 said:

I shop top of the line only.  $39 delivered for a top and bottom on ebay in the latest racing designs.  Surely they must be the legit stuff eh, would be illegal to copy the proper ones?

I got some of the worst saddle sores known to man (doctor and scalpel) wearing $39 copies...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, KieranR said:

17 hours is good gear

And really well priced.  They do all of our club kit.

Changed my mind I’m just going to buy Ironman event gear so everyone knows I’ve raced Ironman. 

Does anyone have a Kona kit they want to sell?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

La Passione - genuinely good italian materials/make at very decent prices. Neat and tidy designs, decent chamois too.

https://www.lapassione.cc/

I went down hard on tarmac on my first kit, slid 20-30m, some road rash on thigh and shoulder when I took the gear off - both bibs and jersey survived without any rips.

Edited by johan

11 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Changed my mind I’m just going to buy Ironman event gear so everyone knows I’ve raced Ironman. 

Does anyone have a Kona kit they want to sell?

Gee you talk about ironman a lot. 

You must be really good at ....... talking about ironman. 

You should talk about other races too  

Pick one that you are the only one in your age group that you win every year.  

Talk about that too. 

You need balance. 

• Haha 3

Ventou is real good. I picked up a couple of their 2nds knicks for $30 a few years back. No structural issues, just some of the black was a little grey. 

On 1/6/2018 at 8:57 PM, Peter said:

After new kit. Not cheap shit stuff or top of the line.  

Links?

looks nice?

Tri kit or cycling kit?

Can't go wrong with Fusion or Roka or Wattie Ink or Kiwami for tri kits, very comfortable, light and looks great... 

Own too many cycling kits, I noticed the premium brands like Black Sheep, Maap, Attaquer, Lumiere or Morvelo perform good for moderate distance riding, but not so comfy when it gets past 150k rides. For long rides, I always default to my Rapha, Assos, PI and Cuore kits...