Sign in to follow this  
Oompa Loompa

electronic note taking and cloud storage of photos- what do people use

Well,

What do people use for notes these days ?  Or are people still using a pad and pen

I switch from apple to PC a bit and need to get a bit smarter with my notes, pretty much just been using apples platform but I do use a few evernote features.  

What else is out there, what is the best in peoples opinions.

Also what is the best photo storage cloud thing at the moment,  I see google is free but they reduce the file size?

Thanks

I use google for everything, I'm a google focussed apple geek.

I use google keep for keeping notes, from shopping lists to general notes, drawings etc.  It syncs across all my devices plus in my browser on my laptop.

My wife backs up all her photos to her desktop, another backup hdd and to dedicated offsite backup.  I use google photos.  It's easy I guess, and just how good a resolution do you need?  You get unlimited backup of photos at 16mp, so if it's over that they do shrink it down to that size.  And I think vids are 1080p for unlimited storage.  Have apps for android and ios, and auto backup on your laptop/pc too.

I use SmugMug for photos and have done for around 6 years.  It's somewhere around US$60 a year for unlimited photos and HD videos.  I literally dump everything up there, including mine, other family members etc.  If I ever needed to get them all off again I'd be in a world of pain... I guess I simply can't.

Evernote for note taking and storing all sorts of stuff off the web and emails. Perfect photo option is a WIP. iPhoto is limited. Lightroom is being tested.