AP

HOTW

51 minutes ago, mhvh said:

I have no idea who they are and don't really care at all about the Ironman brand, so that's not going to happen.

The best input on the forum probably comes from Alex and Paul and they don't feel it necessary to bully anyone, I get that, but where would the forum be without a bit of controversy. 

TUV5.0 for example.  His posts would be shut down within a day now. 

Anyhoo, carry on

Dont forget Kieren his pics & stuff about his ute & planned trip with his Dad are brilliant. 

1 hour ago, mhvh said:

I have no idea who they are and don't really care at all about the Ironman brand, so that's not going to happen.

The best input on the forum probably comes from Alex and Paul and they don't feel it necessary to bully anyone, I get that, but where would the forum be without a bit of controversy. 

TUV5.0 for example.  His posts would be shut down within a day now. 

Anyhoo, carry on

Fitness Buddy, Rog, The Customer also have some good input with out being arrogant or condescending

On 05/02/2018 at 8:34 AM, goughy said:

The drive home sucks. Only downer about the race.

Stays for some beers and go monday 🍻  Missing a lot of Australia if don’t travel west . Please keep coming to race in the west 👍🏻

• Like 5

On 05/02/2018 at 5:51 AM, SpeedySteve said:

Not sure why but numbers seem to be down this year.  Cooler but still the 40ks of headwind home.  Very little drafting from what I could see and raced in great spirits.

Organization was flawless as always.

I love this race.

Thanks speedysteve, HOTW and tweed one week apart and both with worlds points🤔 and heaps doing shorter stuff for GC worlds . Oh well means I got to share the podium with you so I’m stoked 👍🏻. And geez they all missed a cracker . Also we had 260 compete on super Saturday events so we are all happy.  We love putting this race on and only have to put enough $ in the bank to roll it out next year . The rest goes back to volunteer groups. So bring on 2019 se you next year 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

I don't think this is about HOTW anymore .... ?

It never was, it was always about AP telling everyone how many times he's won it & how he's getting ready to have another crack at Kona. Just like the DOMS thread. 

15 hours ago, surfer101 said:

Dont forget Kieren his pics & stuff about his ute & planned trip with his Dad are brilliant. 

Oh man, thanks, but my posts are no where near as good or informative as those other guys.  I just write about everything else because i know nothing about triathlon.  although i think i learned the difference between aerobic and anaerobic earlier today.....maybe.  stay tuned for the post about fitting my bullbar coming up.  I ordered it yesterday so hopefully it will arrive next week.

But back on topic....I cant wait to have a crack at HOTW one day when I'm living back in Qld...maybe in about 6 years

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HOTW said:

Thanks speedysteve, HOTW and tweed one week apart and both with worlds points🤔 and heaps doing shorter stuff for GC worlds . Oh well means I got to share the podium with you so I’m stoked 👍🏻. And geez they all missed a cracker . Also we had 260 compete on super Saturday events so we are all happy.  We love putting this race on and only have to put enough $ in the bank to roll it out next year . The rest goes back to volunteer groups. So bring on 2019 se you next year 

Mate, you had a great race.  Always have admiration for guys who put in the hard yards making these races happen and still have the energy to race themselves.  Hopefully next year my wife and I can both come back and do the race. 

• Like 1

On 07/02/2018 at 9:47 AM, Bored@work said:

Love the way u protect your coach.

Nah mate.  I offered for AP to coach me for free once but he declined. :lol:

Saying that I have spoken to AP twice in my life and I came away with something to reflect on that helped my racing.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, HOTW said:

Anyone have any idea if these two races are going to be scheduled with only a week apart again in 2019?

I doubt hotw will be changing.  It's been last weekend Jan/first weekend Feb for like ever hasn't it?

• Like 1

Move it to April, make the bike course more interesting with all the cotton trucks running down the road, B-Double trailers swinging a good 5 metres each side

• Sad 1

On 2/7/2018 at 10:29 PM, Bored@work said:

Fitness Buddy, Rog, The Customer also have some good input with out being arrogant or condescending

FB cries in every post.

Rog got kidnapped by his new born a while back.

TC lives in the middle east so her intellect must be questioned.

2 hours ago, goughy said:

I doubt hotw will be changing.  It's been last weekend Jan/first weekend Feb for like ever hasn't it?

Agree - it wouldn’t be called Hell of The West anymore if the date change - has to be hot.

• Like 1