RunBrettRun

Who's trying to qualify for itu worlds?

My 2 fervent hopes for tomorrow - more than the usual water tables and a hose at the turnaround : more than the usual portaloos 😜 For some reason robina has the most ridiculous lines.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

Chance of a morning thunderstorm makes things interesting.

Having a read of the detailed forecast, any morning storm would be very late morning. 

23 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

My 2 fervent hopes for tomorrow - more than the usual water tables and a hose at the turnaround : more than the usual portaloos 😜 For some reason robina has the most ridiculous lines.

Because there isnt any other secret toilets which some people use like at the other venues. 

2 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

It's going to be a stinker. Those not used to the heat are going to have a hard time.

I think everyone is going to have a hard time. 

6 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

Chance of a morning thunderstorm makes things interesting.

That's OK.  I have a lightening resistant bike frame. 😂

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

That's OK.  I have a lightening resistant bike frame. 😂

Lightning. You're a teacher yeh? 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, AA7 said:

little kids.  It only matters they can say it - don't have to spell it  ;)

Edited by Turts

1 hour ago, AA7 said:

Not right now

• Haha 1

Just wondering -

2017 - how much was the race entry fee, the team management fee , the race and casual uniform ( guessing you can’t wear a tri suit from previous years - like 2014 ? ) and any other fees 

Just looking at total costs 

guessing to would be double the fee is you were doing both SD and OD??

I can’t see any of this info on the TA website 

4 minutes ago, Youngy2 said:

Just wondering -

2017 - how much was the race entry fee, the team management fee , the race and casual uniform ( guessing you can’t wear a tri suit from previous years - like 2014 ? ) and any other fees 

Just looking at total costs 

guessing to would be double the fee is you were doing both SD and OD??

I can’t see any of this info on the TA website 

Lots 😄 I'm thinking of putting my only son on eBay to cover costs ....

2 hours ago, Youngy2 said:

Just wondering -

Athlete "contribution" ~$1 k for Penticton events.

Uniform you can usually wear Current year - 1 version.

so, unless you got one last year, you're up for a suit at least.

10 hours ago, Cat Lady said:

Lots 😄 I'm thinking of putting my only son on eBay to cover costs ....

Ahhhh. "To cover costs!"  Nice cover up. Thanks for the tip!!!

8 hours ago, Tyno said:

Athlete "contribution" ~$1 k for Penticton events.

Uniform you can usually wear Current year - 1 version.

so, unless you got one last year, you're up for a suit at least.

Same for rotterdam. That included gst and acrive fee, and ur initial application deposit

Trisuit was about $200

2 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

What's this speedsuit controversy?

Yes, very interesting.

Hanging around at the start of the men's race, I saw a bloke running back to his family saying he had to take it off or he'd have to wear if for the full race. Others were then taking them off. I approached a TO to clarify. She told me the same thing. I still had an hour until my start. Headed to swim start ready for my race, saw women still wearing them, so I asked the question and they told me they had just been told by the TO they could wear them and could take them off after the swim. Strange.

Howd you go?

I've had a read of the itu rules and I can't see it clear cut in the rules but I haven't been through the whole thing yet.

Edited by RunBrettRun

5 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

Howd you go?

I've had a read of the itu rules and I can't see it clear cut in the rules but I haven't been through the whole thing yet.

2nd. I could've pushed harder, especially on the run, but I was happy just to get some good points and not bugger myself in the heat.

You did very well.

Apparently, the TOs were even searching the rules before making the different ruling before the start of the later female waves. 

1 minute ago, AA7 said:

2nd. I could've pushed harder, especially on the run, but I was happy just to get some good points and not bugger myself in the heat.

You did very well.

Apparently, the TOs were even searching the rules before making the different ruling before the start of the later female waves. 

Yeah can anyone confirm if it is correct?  I would have thought they would have a specific section covering speed suits.

Well done! Is that your first qual event?  Great start if so!

Thanks I also could have pushed harder on the run.  I would have liked to go a lot faster than that on the run but I'm stoked with the overall result.

Woah! Just woke up from a 3 hour nana nap ! Maybe that classifies as a great grandma nap..

. that speed suit ruling was correct.  Swim skins, if worn, may only be removed after the swim if it's a long course event.  Sprint and Olympic must keep it on.  The new ruling was effective December 2017. (Just read the rules 🤓)

well I managed to collect a few points.  Just.  not one of my favorite races and I was just going through the paces. Couldn't engage my mojo at all, even when a fellow AG competitor ran past me on the last lap it was - whatever.

in short - the swim   The water temperature was 29 degrees - yuck.  I did manage a 3 minute improvement on the swim - yes! ! But think it was more swimming straight than faster...  

the bike - ran out of puff and water on the last lap of the bike.  

The run - At the first water station saw an ambo working on a young guy writhing on the ground packing him with ice.  That was it for me.  Shuffled the rest of the way. Stopping at each water station - I was in heaven - icy cold water over the head- bliss.

back to sprint training 👏💪

24 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

Yeah can anyone confirm if it is correct?  I would have thought they would have a specific section covering speed suits.

Well done! Is that your first qual event?  Great start if so!

Thanks I also could have pushed harder on the run.  I would have liked to go a lot faster than that on the run but I'm stoked with the overall result.

Brett, just tagged you on a post on Facebook. Interesting reading. Doesn't help when different TOs give different answers when asked directly 'can i wear this?' 

No I did Townsville too. I age up next year though, speedy fast girls, so I think i was 4th in times. Still handy points though.

• Like 2

Just a question. If heaps of people are running into T1 and you have a speed suit on, are they going to follow everyone in a SS?  

Id highly doubt it. 

I heard a TO tell another to make an announcement that anyone wearing a SS would need to wear it throughout the race. That was just as the first wave was starting.

Swim skins are allowed in selection races.  It' only the itu race where it' banned.  We can all sleep easy now.

• Like 1