Jump to content
RunBrettRun

Who's trying to qualify for itu worlds?

Recommended Posts

Yeah I actually used to live about 2k from there so I'm pretty familiar with that stretch of road.  I'm just not sure I've ever done 45 kph on them lok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know how the age groups work for this race? I thought under TA rules you are required to race in the age group you are on the 31st of December in the year of the race (ie for races held this year age on 31/12/2018). I turned 39 in December last year so will be 40 at the end of this year. But am in the 35-39 for this race. Is this right?

i can only think because it is part of a series they may have applied to change the DOB requirements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ashley_s said:

Does anyone know how the age groups work for this race? I thought under TA rules you are required to race in the age group you are on the 31st of December in the year of the race (ie for races held this year age on 31/12/2018). I turned 39 in December last year so will be 40 at the end of this year. But am in the 35-39 for this race. Is this right?

i can only think because it is part of a series they may have applied to change the DOB requirements.

I'm in the same boat. Born in 1978.

Race in 35-39 and medals will be given out on the day in the 35-39 category but points towards qualifying will come from your place amongst the 40-44 age group.

Does that make sense? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

StartLists are up.  Sure am glad I'm not racing in my old age group.  Doubt I'd have collected a single point!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

StartLists are up.  Sure am glad I'm not racing in my old age group.  Doubt I'd have collected a single point!

I wish they were splitting up my wave start. Three age groups together, nearly 100. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AA7 said:

I wish they were splitting up my wave start. Three age groups together, nearly 100. 

Just asked the question, very terse reply. Ok then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AA7 said:

Just asked the question, very terse reply. Ok then.

I still cant work out why they have a half hour break.  Plenty of capacity to break them up a bit.  Then again, what do I know about running a triathlon....:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

I'm not game to look at my age group.  If I can jag too ten I will be absolutely stoked.

5a56e8fa7d6b2_ScreenShot2018-01-11at2_31_29PM.thumb.png.5a94ef21633f36a8db7476d9823fa779.png

did it for you :whistling:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cranky said:

I'm in the same boat. Born in 1978.

Race in 35-39 and medals will be given out on the day in the 35-39 category but points towards qualifying will come from your place amongst the 40-44 age group.

Does that make sense? 

Yeah I understand the world quliafcation points reassignment. It is just odd that all other races I enter this year I will be racing in the 40-44 except this one. But as I said I assume it is so those that enter the QTS dont’t change age groups part way through the series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ashley_s said:

Yeah I understand the world quliafcation points reassignment. It is just odd that all other races I enter this year I will be racing in the 40-44 except this one. But as I said I assume it is so those that enter the QTS dont’t change age groups part way through the series.

I think it is your age on Dec 31 in the year that the season starts. Not sure if that makes sense??

Yes, as you say, you cant change age groups during the season.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

35 to 39 for worlds 

My screen shot skills are insufficient to show the 35-39 grouping.  Suffice to say, there are lots! :lol:

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

My screen shot skills are insufficient to show the 35-39 grouping.  Suffice to say, there are lots! :lol:

30 in the females 35-39

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tyno said:

149 should get an OK bike split!

Probably swims like a brick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like it is going to be rather blowy too

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ashley_s said:

Yeah I understand the world quliafcation points reassignment. It is just odd that all other races I enter this year I will be racing in the 40-44 except this one. But as I said I assume it is so those that enter the QTS dont’t change age groups part way through the series.

 

I understood that all races in Aust sanctioned by TA (ie by the State Governing Body - TA administrators sometimes forget they are but a federation of State Bodies) use the same date for age determination (though their actual age groups are up to them (ie 5year goups/10 year groups etc) for the financial year / triathlon season  ie age as at 31 Dec in the financial year of the competition. The only exception to this is the Worlds as they are an ITU event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/12/2017 at 3:37 PM, zed said:

Doing one of the qualifying ODs in Bunbury, but probs won't go. You can't qualify from just one race can you? You need to do multiple ones? Standard distance is my favourite length. 

You're so awesome Zed you can just rock up mate. They'll know who you are. 😎🤘✌️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck to all racing Robina this weekend. May the currents be with you, the wind behind you (and change direction at the right time), and the paths flat and very shaded. But the opposite for your competition of course...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×