RunBrettRun

Who's trying to qualify for itu worlds?

That it would sell out was pretty much a given, that's why those that wanted the points ("QTS" &/or TA) entered and started travel arrangements months ago.

Edited by trifun
  • Like 1

On Saturday, December 16, 2017 at 2:18 PM, trifun said:

So next race coming up at Robina shortly, have not done this event before as "crit" courses are not really my thing but needs must so off we go.

Q. Bike choice either: Super TT P3c with 180/disc and 10 sp dura ace (my sharky bike) OR my training bike, Giant roady with clipons  11sp DI2 and disc brakes.

For those who haven't seen it, the bike course features15 U-turns plus sundry corners in a 5 loop 40km course, pancake flat by the looks of it but I expect it to be super congested.

Definitely TT. Fast, flat straights make up for the u-turns. Roundabout can be taken at speed as well. OD weekend at Robina has been less congested using the 8km loop compared to the normal sprint done on the 5km loop, in my experience. Maybe I was just lucky. The bad congestion is in the coffee and dunny queues.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

Oh yes! 6.00/6.15 start time!!! Hopefully done by the time the heat moves in.

Early brekky for you.

You've got an hour on my start time. 

So we should finish around the same time 😂 ...

just read that there is an option for the earlier starters to take the 7.00am time slot if they wished.  give me a 3.00am breakfast anytime over a 9.30/10.00 run finish on the Gold Coast in February !

12 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

So we should finish around the same time 😂 ...

just read that there is an option for the earlier starters to take the 7.00am time slot if they wished.  give me a 3.00am breakfast anytime over a 9.30/10.00 run finish on the Gold Coast in February !

Well if you're finishing in February, I actually think I may be finished a bit before you.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Merv said:

For previous years qualification races ,TA used to give you both knapsack and towel.

"give" ?

....on the proviso you paid for them!

29 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

Early forecast for sunday....10-20mm of rain.  Won't be too good on that course...

What forecast are you reading? Mine says shower or two, 1-8mm.

32deg max predicted, going to be steamy

Yikes.  6am start means the guys are finished around 8 to 815.  (915 real time)

With s 1.65km out and back run loop assuming an aid station 2 times a lap should be plenty of water.

35 minutes between Olympic Female 50+ and the next wave?  At least I'm not going to get swamped on the swim..

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 8.16.58 AM.png

6.03 start and I'll be racing with the age group I'm qualifying against  (35 to 39) which is a bonus. 

Helmet choice for this course?  Is a tt helmet a waste of time?

Yeah fair enough.  Just wasn' sure as the longest straight is 1.4k long.  Should have been practicing my 180 deg turns

15 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

Are all the straights downhill 😂😂

I'll need a bloody good wheel to sit on to hit that speed 😉

the roads are great.  I tend to be in the high 30s low 40s on the straights - the latter with a tail wind :wink1:.  Definitely practice the U-turns.