RunBrettRun

Who's trying to qualify for itu worlds?

Definately a factor on the bike

Edited by mhvh
Auto correct f up

14 minutes ago, mhvh said:

Definately a factor on the bike

I think there was some advantage in the swim too from some of the previous starts where I raced against a mix of guys and the times just don't make sense.

I had the best swim I've had all year and lost a good chunk of time to a few blokes I'm qualifying against that I would normally beat out of the water.

In this shorter stuff 30sec in the swim and then time on the bike it really makes a huge difference 

Just now, RunBrettRun said:

I think there was some advantage in the swim too from some of the previous starts where I raced against a mix of guys and the times just don't make sense.

I had the best swim I've had all year and lost a good chunk of time to a few blokes I'm qualifying against that I would normally beat out of the water.

In this shorter stuff 30sec in the swim and then time on the bike it really makes a huge difference 

I wouldn't know about the swim, mine is that bad I'm happy not to lose 10 mins😮

3 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

Ps its a long drive back to port and yes i am over analysing.

Bloody long drive. Be safe.

• Like 1

Just before finish line I saw someone in my AG so I sprinted and passed them just before the line. — ( where the finish arch was ) but results have me 4 seconds behind  . Guess I will have to email Mooloolaba tri and ask them - and wait for photos to come out to show them proof 

1 minute ago, Youngy2 said:

Just before finish line I saw someone in my AG so I sprinted and passed them just before the line. — ( where the finish arch was ) but results have me 4 seconds behind  . Guess I will have to email Mooloolaba tri and ask them - and wait for photos to come out to show them proof 

Yeh i think timing mat is a bit before the line which is silly. 

• Like 1

Hard category to be in for me. Got 9th which gets me 10th after age-ups I think. Would've been 3rd in the age below or above. Again.

Swim was definitely current assisted. Headwind in the rain on the return was mank. Sun came out a bit on the run, but not too bad. Wind died, so it was a little stifling at times. Disappointed in my bike, but happy enough overall

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AA7 said:

Yeh i think timing mat is a bit before the line which is silly. 

Yeah the Mat is usually about 30 metres before the line. In ironman races anyway. And this was run by ironman people. 

• Confused 2

Feeling pretty mentally shattered this arvo.

22 in my cat ; I think there’s 3 aging in & 1 aging out.

I had one of my best races ever and genuine sub 40 run ; for peanut points. If that...

I’m kicking myself that I should have been smarter with my race selections with respects to my ability.

A top class field today and I congratulate those on here that bagged good points. Bloody well done folks. 

Respect

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter said:

Yeah the Mat is usually about 30 metres before the line. In ironman races anyway. And this was run by ironman people. 

I missed first place by 4 seconds, maybe I made up 4 seconds in that last 30m.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, workinglikeadog said:

I had one of my best races ever and genuine sub 40 run ; for peanut points. If that...

I’m kicking myself that I should have been smarter with my race selections with respects to my ability.

A top class field today and I congratulate those on here that bagged good points. Bloody well done folks. 

Respect

Had a mate that did the Luke H race. Came 25th. Was shatter with piss poor points he got. 

So he went to Adelaide today. Got 5th. So race selection comes into it big time. 

He is a Melbourne guy. 

Happy as the cats lying on my lap😂😄 even though safety first was my motto on the bike (usually my best leg) I snuck into 8th position.  With those aging up and one aging out that gives me 10th points (subject to final audit 😬).  Conditions were definitely interesting, but I take windy wet any day over hot humid.  So that's it, my points racing is done. Done enough (pretty sure) to qualify for both.  There are advantages to getting older 😄.

i would not consider myself a particularly spectacular swimmer, but honestly, I am surprised at people who either don't know how to sight, or don't bother.   One rather speedy lady kept zig zagging across the front of me at a rate of knots.  Once almost straight across the bows.  I actually stopped to see if I'd drifted seriously off course but no a few minutes later she had turned and shot across the front of me again.  I would have loved to see how far she actually ended up swimming

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Peter said:

Had a mate that did the Luke H race. Came 25th. Was shatter with piss poor points he got. 

So he went to Adelaide today. Got 5th. So race selection comes into it big time. 

He is a Melbourne guy. 

Smarter man than I.

thats what I should have done. 

Live and learn I guess

I have a mate who lives in south east qld and still went to SA for today's race. Good move for him too, he came 7th there but would have missed out on points here at moobah 

1 hour ago, workinglikeadog said:

Respect

I respect you for having a crack at tougher competition. 

• Like 1

Some impressive times here. Well done to all and good luck with the points and qualy :)

50 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Respect for that is good.

But it doesnt help if he doesnt snag a spot to the world championships against others that went to Victor Harbour and did.

3 hours ago, BogFrog said:

Hard category to be in for me. Got 9th which gets me 10th after age-ups I think. Would've been 3rd in the age below or above. Again.

Swim was definitely current assisted. Headwind in the rain on the return was mank. Sun came out a bit on the run, but not too bad. Wind died, so it was a little stifling at times. Disappointed in my bike, but happy enough overall

Nice photo of you smooching some random after the race on FB 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cat Lady said:

Happy as the cats lying on my lap😂😄 even though safety first was my motto on the bike (usually my best leg) I snuck into 8th position.  With those aging up and one aging out that gives me 10th points (subject to final audit 😬).  Conditions were definitely interesting, but I take windy wet any day over hot humid.  So that's it, my points racing is done. Done enough (pretty sure) to qualify for both.  There are advantages to getting older 😄.

i would not consider myself a particularly spectacular swimmer, but honestly, I am surprised at people who either don't know how to sight, or don't bother.   One rather speedy lady kept zig zagging across the front of me at a rate of knots.  Once almost straight across the bows.  I actually stopped to see if I'd drifted seriously off course but no a few minutes later she had turned and shot across the front of me again.  I would have loved to see how far she actually ended up swimming

I think ill take the wind over hot run to as my ride was only marginally slower than usual and most of that was me trying to stay upright...

Best run ever: although first time I've run whole thing... #perspectivefromanonWCspotchaser #mop #

16 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

Nice photo of you smooching some random after the race on FB 😂

Photo's or it didn't happen....

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, -H- said:

Bit of bling

DSC_1942.JPG

Nice one. Cross tri and Aquathlon have the same

20180224_222750.jpg

1 hour ago, Fitness Buddy said:

That's awesome. 

But what about when ur just racing who turns up?

When australia is playing and winning against someone who's not ranked one in the world.... No respect?