RunBrettRun

Who's trying to qualify for itu worlds?

Seems a few are trying to qualify.  

Thought it might be a good idea to get an idea for whose trying to qualify, for which events and at what races etc. 

I'm interested to follow people's progress.

I'm trying for standard distance and will be racing Robina Coffs and Mooloolaba.

Doing one of the qualifying ODs in Bunbury, but probs won't go. You can't qualify from just one race can you? You need to do multiple ones? Standard distance is my favourite length. 

Trying out for both OD and SD -- 

OD - Townsville, Robina, Canberra, Mooloolaba

SD - Kawana, Canberra, Luke Harrop

Points for best 3 races

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RunBrettRun said:

I'm trying for standard distance and will be racing Robina Coffs and Mooloolaba.

Ditto

1 hour ago, zed said:

You can't qualify from just one race can you? You need to do multiple ones? Standard distance is my favourite length. 

Depends if you do really really well and there are not more than 25 people that get more points combined than what you earn in that race. .... I think. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zed said:

Doing one of the qualifying ODs in Bunbury, but probs won't go. You can't qualify from just one race can you? You need to do multiple ones? Standard distance is my favourite length. 

Yeah pretty sure you'll need 3 races this year.

Both 😄 

Got some runs on the board at Townsville.  Will be doing robina and mooloolaba.

likewise Kawana, Elwood and Luke harrop.

i think you'd really need to do the championship races with double points to assure selection.  

Yes, I'm planning on qualifying OD and am putting all my eggs in one basket and only racing 3. Townsville done, Canberra in Feb, Mooloolaba in March. If one of those goes to shit, I'll do Woolongong

Rego'd for Sprint, thinking about rego'ing for OD. Not raced any so far, but have built a spreadsheet of the races in order and colour coded for states - and that's about the extent of my training too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not eligible to qualify but I'll be racing the Canberra OD and might have a hit out at the Gong as well just to steal some points ;)

18 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

Do you need to register your interest for the team now?  Or is it only after doing the races?

Anytime before April 2. 

10 hours ago, Cat Lady said:

Both 😄 

Got some runs on the board at Townsville.  Will be doing robina and mooloolaba.

likewise Kawana, Elwood and Luke harrop.

i think you'd really need to do the championship races with double points to assure selection.  

I did Perth OD in 2009 - for Gold Coast Worlds in 2009 -  they were double points -- and I did worse in that then in the  normal qualifying races

1 hour ago, RunBrettRun said:

Do you need to register your interest for the team now?  Or is it only after doing the races?

If there is a fee to register, then you're probably better waiting till after a couple races & seeing how you are going. If it looks like no hope, then why spend the dollars. 

Mind you, I'd hate to think that, then see the guy next below you on the list make it because everyone else did the same thing. ;)

If you dont make the team (as opposed to changing ur mind) i think u get $50 of ur $75 back

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BenjieB said:

Do they check your passport? I only put my Aussie citizenship application in last week. :D

I'm sure if the pollies can get away with it, you'll be fine.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BenjieB said:

Do they check your passport? I only put my Aussie citizenship application in last week. :D

You need citizenship, and yes they check. You might sneak in, I only got mine in Feb (was presented with it on my birthday).

15 minutes ago, BenjieB said:

Yep they check. But only when ur accepting the place on the team.

Not sure if they look for dates and see if u were an aussie for qualification races

42 minutes ago, TenPints said:

You need citizenship, and yes they check. You might sneak in, I only got mine in Feb (was presented with it on my birthday).

How do you know they check?

9 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

How do you know they check?

When u accept ur position, you have to send through an info package that includes a copy of ur passport.  Well, had to for rotterdam.

I assume they check from that

10 minutes ago, Turts said:

When u accept ur position, you have to send through an info package that includes a copy of ur passport.  Well, had to for rotterdam.

This quoted from team instructions:

Send Triathlon Australia proof of your Australian Citizenship (birth certificate, passport copy or citizenship certificate). Please note this does not need to be a certified copy. This does not need to be a hard copy and may be an electronic copy.

Citizenship verification must be sent to Triathlon Australia by 5pm AEST Wednesday 12th of July 2017.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Turts said:

Not sure if they look for dates and see if u were an aussie for qualification races

Only needed for WC race-day. During some of the qualification races, I was not a citizen, all points still counted

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Turts said:

I didn't...