Will be having the whole family together this Christmas for the first time in about 2 years.

We've always enjoyed sitting around and having a chat while playing a simple game of cards or a board game.

Anyone want to suggest a few that they've played recently and have enjoyed that would suit 6-10 adults?

Our family does a Xmas morning biathlon. Handicapped. 

Usually a 200 mtr swim 2k run. 

We argue about handicaps online for months and the we actually have stuff to talk about all of lunch. 

My 90yr grandma won it first year out. 

Been doing it for 27 years now. 

Not a board game but it's similar. 

However a good game is old uno. Play knockout. 

• Like 1

Pictionary - if your family doesn't argue naturally at Christmas, this will do it!

• Like 1

depending on your families sense of humour,  if very dark and a bit twisted.... then Cards against humanity is a good game

• Like 1

I hate board games, don't have the patience or the competitiveness for them, especially around my family.  Get's full on.  For some reason my BIL each xmas kept giving us board games...... we've finally gotten them to accept the idea that us parents really don't need to give each other presents anymore, we're too old for that!  One year they bought us a some LOTR's themed game (I love LOTR) then they came over to play it.  It took them over an hour just to set the game up!  Yeah, it's only been opened that once.....

• Haha 1

So for you they're bored games?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You want to play games with me? :wink1:

I'm was planning on doing a half marathon on Christmas day but my fitness is next to zero at the moment. 

My friends in the USA play a few really good games on Thanks Giving that don't involve board games. 

My favourite is http://www.belongtour.com/the-family-game/ it's a great way to kill some time & its great fun esp when people start picking weird people to throw other off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Limited said:

depending on your families sense of humour,  if very dark and a bit twisted.... then Cards against humanity is a good game

We love it. We have about 4 decks, and they come out whenever the neighbours come over for drinks.

• Like 1

If simple is what you're after then it isn't for you but if you find yourself with a bunch of proper board game nerds then Pandemic is incredible! Difficult and complicated but great fun.

Monkie

• Thanks 1

Cards against Humanity is great, always keep that and a poker set in the van for travelling, and monopoly for the kids.  Looking at getting a new game called Trump Cards - you pull a card and have to guess whether it is something trump actually said or something that was made up.  We've got a trivia pursuit game around somewhere as well but most of the information on it seems pretty dated now

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Naked twister!

Common Go Easy - you know you want to!!! Great family fun.

Didn't know where North Turramurra was but now that it's clear that inbreeding is rife I wont look it up for a visit...

• Haha 1

Not a board game, but still lots of fun - Uno

A pack of cards and Hoyles book of card games

Cluedo !!! still find this awesome after 45 years!

Pictionary

Trivial Pursuit 

Scrabble

Dammnit - cant wait to go on holidays next week - forecasting rain for a week at the beach so taking them all :wink1:

• Thanks 1

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:42 PM, Peter said:

Our family does a Xmas morning biathlon. Handicapped.

14 hours ago, Bored@work said:

I'm was planning on doing a half marathon on Christmas day but my fitness is next to zero at the moment.

Yeah, personally I'd probably also prefer to do some exercise rather than sit around playing board games, but this is family time so I'm happy to fit in with whatever they enjoy doing.

Thanks guys, a few good suggestions in there, but it's sounding like the good old favourites will probably come out yet again.  Catan, Ticket To Ride, Balderdash, Pictionary etc. Then in Card Games a game called Sloppy is always a lot of fun.

Ironman Foz - You're just a very sick puppy!  Get well soon!!