The Customer

What gets on my quince....

27 minutes ago, Paul Every said:

Nothing wrong with "moist".

It's not like its use is in any way malfeasant.

ScottAdams (Dilbert author) refers to humans as moist robots, in his blog. :D

11 hours ago, XCOM! said:

I'm not sure I understand. I was simply commenting on the disproportionate level of aggro people invest into reacting to driving irritations and annoyances as opposed to similar situations in other environments.

I understand and wasn't having a crack at you. Not my style - was having a crack at society.

I completely agree that some people seem to get a new level of stress and tension when they get behind the wheel and there is no excuse for that. But, equally there is no excuse for not concentrating on the task at hand of managing a vehicle (road rules, speed, drink and drugs, kids, satnavs, phones, not knowing where you're going or how the car is behaving etc etc) so as to make the roads flow better and safer.

My god. This is just like the moment when I realised 'rinse and repeat' was just a marketing tactic designed to make you use twice as much shampoo. And, that coconut trees don't grow dates on them. :mellow:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Paul Every said:

Not quince-worthy, but rather something I just don't understand.

Chicks called Bambi.

You do know it's a blokes name?

I've only seen chicks called Bambi in films ....

Except in Disney films.....

Our dog is Bambi, and he's a chick! ;)

Even worse, my wife keeps calling out for her to come to her with "Bambino", which I've told her is the masculine form but she still won't call out "Bambina"

Edited by goughy

7 hours ago, Rimmer said:

I don't even know what to make of this ....

https://www.informationliberation.com/?id=57745

I do, damn it... I've never been sexually harassed by attractive women, and I think it's about time that this obvious and blatant discrimination on their part was highlighted and dealt with - I have many unhappy years to be compensated for.

I spent the day doing a lap of Kauai in a chopper, then slept on the beach in between snorkelling in what looked like a tropical aquarium before checking out a cool little town's art trail night and having a "plate lunch" for dinner. Not much got on my quince today. Island style, bra.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tyno said:

Parkside.

Parkside really gets on my quince!

:D

If he said he's been served by the newly unemployed Grace Park, then you'd have a point. :lol:

On 23/12/2017 at 9:52 PM, Tyno said:

Parkside.

Parkside really gets on my quince!

:D

Me too. Bloody Hawaiian tourist. 

FM

last day of my holiday in Hawaii. One quince worthy question, what the hell do 'mericans think when they encounter a roundabout? I imagine the vast majority of drivers here right now are mainlanders in rentals, I've never seen an indicator used so irregularly. It's a free for all.

Having said that, Kauai is the home of aloha. The locals here have the ****ing life. Drive a pickup with swim fins wedged in the back, a board, BBQ grill and esky in the back. Surf, snorkel, SUP or windsurf as much as possible. Cool down with  shave ice and eat some of the finest takeaway, sit in your wet boardies or food truck fare I've ever had. Pull up at a beach at sunset to hang a hammock or sit in the back of your truck and have a beer and a joint and watch whales leap around when the sun sets. They will stop their car and wave pedestrians across in front of them, are liberal in throwing shakas and make you feel welcome.

Edited by Parkside

Sitting in Honolulu airport with a ripping headache. My prime time quince getting phenomenon is the general behavior of Americans on commercial air travel, domestic and international. 

1. They lack the volume control of most Australians. They think the entire beach, hotel or departure lounge needs to hear them. I usually Reserve this quince for narcissistic wankers on their mobile but yanks don’t need this

2. They think checking in 25kg full size suitcases is optional and carry three massive things on board and then stand in the aisles like idiots wondering where it’ll fit. When it doesn’t they just shove it anywhere 

3. Rude ****ing Australians. International aircraft travel should have a dress code. Not your bunnings trade T-shirt, not your oldest greasiest muscle shirt with side-moob. Not walking across seats to get out into the aisle. Not neglecting deodorant. Not coughing without covering your gaping mouth. Not affecting the most disheveled unkempt appearance you can muster. We have rules, we live in a society.

• Like 1

Parky, it's called Karma :lol:  but I'll cut you some slack for the Jim Jeffries ref. 

Edited by FatPom

People who don't close the door all the way.

1 person in particular is diabolical at it.

I close the door, they will open it, come into the room, do stuff, then leave and pull the door to within an inch of being closed, but not closed.

It REALLY gets on my quince.