The Customer

What gets on my quince....

Property developers and government agencies that give them the okay to build big new housing developments right next to a freeway, but don't bother putting any infrastructure like public transport or on ramps onto the freeway.  Instead they put in stupid traffic lights every 300 metres and turn the freeway into inefficient normal city streets.  24 minutes to travel 700 metres during this week due to the frigging housing being built all on top of each other in an attempt to have "affordable housing" for the masses.  10 years ago a stretch of road 10kms long use to take 6 minutes to traverse, now the average on a good day is 30 minutes

And while I'm on it, politicians that talk about policies involving spending billions of dollars "to improve the flow of transport" and then talk about reducing speed limits in areas to 30 and 40kms/hr in the same breath.  Your ignorance shows why none of you deserve to get a single vote - not even from your Mum

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TenPints said:

...Ok, a traffic one. Those incompetent drivers in traffic who let the car in front get 50m ahead before they move off...

Ok, two of them. Those incompetent drivers who leave a truck-length gap between themselves and the car in front when stopped at lights etc.

Or the one's who stop 10 car lengths before the red ight or cruise soooo slowly up to the red light hoping it changes before they have to stop ..... shesssh that gets my goat (never heard of 'quince' before this thread)

20 hours ago, TenPints said:

...or they stand there having a chat afterwards! STFU and move on!!

I thought only happened here! I've been away too long :lol:

That Driving Muppets video has nothing on Bahraini drivers. I see all those things within 5mins of leaving my home - indicators appear to be optional here, the slightest sign of fog, rain, strong wind and people drive with their hazard lights on (WTF), the lane lines are a 'rough guide' only, the shoulder of the road is a 120kmph extra lane to get around slow moving traffic, children ride in the drivers lap, use the back seat as a trampoline, never wear seatbelts and are often seen standing up through the sunroof while the driver texts. Plus, they are so lazy here, they don't park their car and walk to the shop to collect their takeaway order or groceries. They park in the middle of the street honking their horn until the shopkeeper runs out and gives them what they want.

Edited by The Customer

You sure you don't live in Toowoomba TC????

On 12/12/2017 at 9:46 PM, FatPom said:

OK, here's one for the those living in Pommie land.  WTF is up with ordering coffee here? I like the Oz way, short black, long black. Over here a long black is an 'Americano' and if that's not stupid enough, you then get 'Americano with milk', in other words 'give me a white black coffee'.

Don't even get be started on the people that ask for an 'expresso'. :bash:

And when you can find a decent barista, you make friends with them, buy them gifts, tip them, treat them exceptionally well .... and talk about the Ashes as they are usually Australian.

Honestly, I don't know how they can ruin coffee beans as much as they do over here!

31 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

And when you can find a decent barista, you make friends with them, buy them gifts, tip them, treat them exceptionally well .... and talk about the Ashes as they are usually Australian.

Honestly, I don't know how they can ruin coffee beans as much as they do over here!

When I first moved here, the best coffee I could get was from a 'Coffee1' place in Wells. The manager was an Aussie, he was their about a year and really taught the others well. Sadly long gone :(

Coffee is improving here but they started from a score of sub zero compared to Oz.

Was listening to Kevin Bloody Wilson this morning and he uses the quote "... What really gets my quince..." in the lyrics to Dicktaphone. 

Brilliant, very funny man!

Yeah, sorry, but considering where I live I can't even consider half those cases of bad driving, cause round here they're cases of when someone does something nearly right!  

And at a mates Xmas drinks the other night they had crackers with smoked salmon with a wasabi, pea and quince spread!

I really don't get the aggro people invest into driving. Unless someone has seriously put my well-being at risk (which is a rare event) then I just treat it like going to the supermarket - something unpleasant that you deal with because there's no reasonable alternative. If I get from A to B in one piece, then it's all good.

On 14/12/2017 at 11:30 PM, Rimmer said:

I will see you Pommieland and raise you the USA including Hawaii. Waikiki tips gratefully accepted. Stooped to drinking Starbucks spiced christmas flat white. If it doesn't taste like coffee might as well drink a novelty item.

• Sad 1

Mate just back from Hawaii. My go to place is still the Honolulu coffee place right next to the surf rider. Sit there watching the Japanese brides rolling out of the hotel  

Also good tip. Level one of the international marketplace. Right at the far back is the best sushi Japanese. Get on it. 

IMG_0935.PNG

Yes that is the best coffee in Waikiki, very close to Aussie style.

People talking to you with food in their mouth. Its farking shits me. 

Just happened. Arggggg

On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:01 AM, XCOM! said:

I really don't get the aggro people invest into driving. Unless someone has seriously put my well-being at risk (which is a rare event) then I just treat it like going to the supermarket - something unpleasant that you deal with because there's no reasonable alternative. If I get from A to B in one piece, then it's all good.

I disagree. Driving is a skill that everyone should master, as well as having an understanding of how they and their vehicles behave in different conditions. My opinion is that if you can't do that - and be courteous and considerate of others on the road - take the bus and leave it to those that have invested.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but having worked for the TAC in Victoria, I've seen how it all goes wrong.

Exactly Rimmer.  For most people 1.5+ tonnes of fast moving metal is most deadly piece of equipment they will ever have the privilege of being in charge of.  Learn how to use it properly, follow the rules, and minimise the risks by informing other deadly metal users of what you are about to do.

10 hours ago, Rimmer said:

I disagree. Driving is a skill that everyone should master, as well as having an understanding of how they and their vehicles behave in different conditions. My opinion is that if you can't do that - and be courteous and considerate of others on the road - take the bus and leave it to those that have invested.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but having worked for the TAC in Victoria, I've seen how it all goes wrong.

I'm not sure I understand. I was simply commenting on the disproportionate level of aggro people invest into reacting to driving irritations and annoyances as opposed to similar situations in other environments.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XCOM! said:

I'm not sure I understand. I was simply commenting on the disproportionate level of aggro people invest into reacting to driving irritations and annoyances as opposed to similar situations in other environments.

You're probably not the wrong side of 50 yet and haven't become a grumpy old man :lol:

Actually, do I even have a quince?

I’m guessing that the age demographics of most contributors to this thread would neatly align with the stars of ‘Cranky Old Men’ and it’s sequel ‘Cranky Old Women’ 😂 

Merry Xmas Trannies 😊 

ps. What’s wrong with ‘moist’. It’s right up there with ‘glisten’ ...  

Just now, Andrew #1 said:

I’m guessing that the age demographics of most contributors to this thread would neatly align with the stars of ‘Grumpy Old Men’ and it’s sequel ‘Grumpy Old Women’ 😂 

Merry Xmas Trannies 😊 

ps. What’s wrong with ‘moist’. It’s right up there with ‘glisten’ ...