Jump to content
The Customer

What gets on my quince....

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, The Customer said:

People who stand still on escalators blocking the path of those who like to walk on escalators.

Travelators!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People who talk loudly on phones, whether it be in the Office, in the park, on the bus / train, in the supermarket. Have some decency and take your boring, mundane conversation elsewhere .... WE DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

..... when my friends tell me they are training for an Ironman.. then I scour the results and can’t find their name...

..:then I realise they’re actually doing the half Ironman on the same day! 

Ironman does not = half Ironman 

.... or they have been in a team event and done a leg! Completing a swim isn’t doing an Ironman or half ironman! #ironman

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Customer said:

People who stand still on escalators blocking the path of those who like to walk on escalators.

If you have two good legs, there is no reason for not walking up the escalators.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, beginnergirl said:

..... when my friends tell me they are training for an Ironman.. then I scour the results and can’t find their name...

..:then I realise they’re actually doing the half Ironman on the same day! 

Ironman does not = half Ironman 

.... or they have been in a team event and done a leg! Completing a swim isn’t doing an Ironman or half ironman! #ironman

 

There is a woman here who regularly goes looking for sponsors and media attention for her astounding athletic talents. She tells them she came first in an Ironman. What she actually means is she entered a sprint distance triathlon as the cyclist in the women's team division and they were the only women's team that entered.

She also boasts of 3 international tours. 1) the Spinneys Dubai 92km cycling challenge 2) a 50km gran fondo in the Dolomites 3) Hired a bike in Phuket once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upselling. Seems I can't go buy lunch somewhere in the city these days without being asked if I want a drink or a bottle of water for $1. If I want a freaking drink I'll ask for it. The other day when I bought petrol at the servo and I was paying I was asked if I wanted to buy some Mentos. Did these people all go to business school recently and get advised to try and upsell? Maybe it works but I'll go so far as to avoid these places after they do it to me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Customer said:

People who stand still on escalators blocking the path of those who like to walk on escalators.

Impatient people on escalators who get upset about not being able to walk past me when I have two kids and few bags of groceries .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People who charge past me on the escalator/travelator without saying "excuse me".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, A2K said:

Upselling. Seems I can't go buy lunch somewhere in the city these days without being asked if I want a drink or a bottle of water for $1. If I want a freaking drink I'll ask for it. The other day when I bought petrol at the servo and I was paying I was asked if I wanted to buy some Mentos. Did these people all go to business school recently and get advised to try and upsell? Maybe it works but I'll go so far as to avoid these places after they do it to me.

My daughter used to work at Red Rooster, and would get her arse kicked when she wasn't doing this enough!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Google and Amazon, I can't watch YT on my Firestick from 1/1/18.  Sort yourselves out before I bang your heads together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spineless politicians who wouldn’t speak their minds on marriage equality and now that it’s done and dusted are all claiming a piece of it as “making history”. Bunch of useless wankers!

Edited by Rog
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Malcolm Turnbull seemingly claiming that SSM getting through was all about him....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, A2K said:

Upselling. ... The other day when I bought petrol at the servo and I was paying I was asked if I wanted to buy some Mentos. 

Or they are telling you that your breath stinks...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BarryBevan said:

Impatient people on escalators who get upset about not being able to walk past me when I have two kids and few bags of groceries .

The sooner you get off the escalator, the sooner you can put down those heavy bags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2017 at 8:29 AM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

This is the sign they have in the toilet on the floor we temporarily moved to. Apparently all the "Call Centres" have them, as there are a number of staff employed that have limited experience with western facilities.

Image result for victoria health toilet use

so this gets your quince why? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, beginnergirl said:

..... when my friends tell me they are training for an Ironman.. then I scour the results and can’t find their name...

..:then I realise they’re actually doing the half Ironman on the same day! 

Ironman does not = half Ironman 

.... or they have been in a team event and done a leg! Completing a swim isn’t doing an Ironman or half ironman! #ironman

 

and people who actually waste their time searching results for whatever....quince. got. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The royal stuff seems to be getting a lot of air time at the moment and most of the click bait news seems to be about the faux pas that Meg is making or the Royal protocols that she is ignoring and on and on and on. 

Now maybe its because I was born Nth Irish Catholic, or because I've spent almost all my life in Oz that I just don't get why these folks (be it British or Middle East or European Royals) need to be or deserve to be treated any different to ordinary people, lets face it all they did was fall out of the right vagina, or marry the person who did. Apart from being a tourist attraction they don't offer much of benefit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, roxii said:

The royal stuff seems to be getting a lot of air time at the moment and most of the click bait news seems to be about the faux pas that Meg is making or the Royal protocols that she is ignoring and on and on and on. 

Now maybe its because I was born Nth Irish Catholic, or because I've spent almost all my life in Oz that I just don't get why these folks (be it British or Middle East or European Royals) need to be or deserve to be treated any different to ordinary people, lets face it all they did was fall out of the right vagina, or marry the person who did. Apart from being a tourist attraction they don't offer much of benefit.

 

Not my royal family, and all my friends back in Wales think the same. Also worth remembering that they pay no taxes and take an income from the public purse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, roxii said:

 or marry the person who did. 

 

And how often was that person a brother, sister, cousin, mother or father?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching parliament yesterday on a pretty momentous day and while I understand some of the proposed amendments were a bit of a joke and not going to be supported, the sight of all speeches being delivered to what was essentially an empty Parliament is a bit of a disappointment. 

I means seriously, can they not get in there and do their job and show some respect. 

If I was a school teacher Id love to get a Minister to visit the class then when they started speaking gets the kids to start shouting over the top of him and the other half to leave the room to show them what kids can learn from watching Parliament question time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, roxii said:

The royal stuff seems to be getting a lot of air time at the moment and most of the click bait news seems to be about the faux pas that Meg is making or the Royal protocols that she is ignoring and on and on and on. 

Now maybe its because I was born Nth Irish Catholic, or because I've spent almost all my life in Oz that I just don't get why these folks (be it British or Middle East or European Royals) need to be or deserve to be treated any different to ordinary people, lets face it all they did was fall out of the right vagina, or marry the person who did. Apart from being a tourist attraction they don't offer much of benefit.

 

Accept what you say and you're right that all a lot of them had to do was be the one in 15,000,000 sperm that made it through to the egg of the right person at the right time.

However, I'm going to disagree with you on one point. The Queen. She's 91 and was involved in the assent of over 3,000 pieces of legislation last year. She reads them all and grills the Prime Minister on their impact. She also made a speech to the Commonwealth on her 21st birthday .... "I declare before you all that my whole life whether it be long or short shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong". She's in this job for life and has a commitment and work ethic beyond all.

As for the other moochers, they should get jobs, be off the payroll and protection list.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Accept what you say and you're right that all a lot of them had to do was be the one in 15,000,000 sperm that made it through to the egg of the right person at the right time.

However, I'm going to disagree with you on one point. The Queen. She's 91 and was involved in the assent of over 3,000 pieces of legislation last year. She reads them all and grills the Prime Minister on their impact. She also made a speech to the Commonwealth on her 21st birthday .... "I declare before you all that my whole life whether it be long or short shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong". She's in this job for life and has a commitment and work ethic beyond all.

As for the other moochers, they should get jobs, be off the payroll and protection list.

Yeah, she has a sense of humour too, was told she pi$$ed herself laughing when we voted to stay a monarchy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Oompa Loompa said:

Yeah, she has a sense of humour too, was told she pi$$ed herself laughing when we voted to stay a monarchy. 

She has realised, as have most Commonwealth countries that the concept of a Constitutional Monarchy has evolved throughout the last 70 years and is accepting of it. As she was with Canada, the Caribbean states and most of Africa. She also has the wisdom beyond most world leaders as she has seen what chaos, corruption and suffering has been brought by self-determination in some countries - specifically the African states.

As for Australia, I voted Yes to a Republic, as I saw this as a chance to determine our own affairs. The fault for the failure of this lies in the Pro-Republic movement as they were a sh1t-show of celebrities and half-baked self-promoters (Eddie McGuire and our current PM) who failed to challenge John Howard sufficiently to ask the question that was going to get up. Also, if you're ever in doubt as to Eddie, go back and read his entry in the manifest where he shoehorns the Collingwood Football Club into the pro-Republic materials - the man is an idiot!

I am still a Republican for Australia, but for the UK where I work, I am so pro-Monarchist given the current sovereign as she is the voice of reason and stability amongst another group of celebrities, half-baked self-promoters and sex pests otherwise known as Her Majesty's Government.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×