MackaEvo2

right fit with the right saddle

Currently riding a speed concept with the Bontrager Hilo I have found this saddle too narror still cutting off blood flow

I have tried the fizik 6.5 but found that uncomfortable and found numbness at the bottom of the glutes going towards the groin 

I am looking for a new saddle and the 3 on my list include
Dash TT9.0 (not sure if worth considering due to the cost)
Cobb fifty five 
ISM PN 3.0

Anyone have these saddles?

Your experience? 

My preference is Cobb Max- narrow, soft nose and nicely shapes if you are sitting up. 

The fifty-five is flat, wide and I found it too hard. The Ironman edition is much softer so get that one if you really want the 55. 

I have been using the Stage 9 for the past 4yrs

I started out with the Standard width as back then they never made a narrow one, about 12 months on they brought out the narrow width I trialled that and found it worked better for me, prior to that I used a Fizik Arione, so I like a narrow seat.

If you go into the Stock Stage you can organise a trial saddle, sound like the Standard width will suit you better? 

Any problems send Weston an email I have found him to be very helpful, I have just finished dealing with him again as I purchased another saddle

Any questions fire away.

On 07/12/2017 at 12:06 AM, EDO said:

I have been using the Stage 9 for the past 4yrs

I started out with the Standard width as back then they never made a narrow one, about 12 months on they brought out the narrow width I trialled that and found it worked better for me, prior to that I used a Fizik Arione, so I like a narrow seat.

If you go into the Stock Stage you can organise a trial saddle, sound like the Standard width will suit you better? 

Any problems send Weston an email I have found him to be very helpful, I have just finished dealing with him again as I purchased another saddle

Any questions fire away.

The Dash saddles thought are about 2-3 times the price which is hard to justify. 
Why did you decide to spend that sort of money?

I trialled a few adamo saddles and was using the Road version, when I came across the Dash saddles I trialled them and was very happy with the way it felt, the biggest advantage in trialling the saddles is if your not happy with it you can just return it and no real money lost. At the end of the day if you buy 2-3 saddles and not happy with them, you have spent $600 plus.

As I like them so much if the leather wears out or I damage it I can send it back to be recovered so it a long term investment and not a throw away saddle as it is built on a carbon shell. Note: not sure if that option is on the stock saddles, but would check with Weston

There was only one option when I bought mine, if they had the Stock version I would have only bought that, being half the price and all.

I would trial them, at the end of the day if it suits you thats great, if not you loose a few bucks

If you didn't notice at the bottom of there page there is a fit guide which may help

Be careful with Cobb, I bought a new Randee at the start of the year after the one I'd used for many years started wearing, the new one fell apart within a month and was absolute rubbish looked like a $5 saddle instead of the $220 I paid, staples fell out, padding disintegrated and fell out the sides and became unridable. Was talking to Alex Bok and he was going to replace it after admitting they had issues with a new factory and a few slipped into the market place. Alex left before I got my new saddle, I have been trying to contact Cobb warranty department without much luck at the moment.

So just make sure  you don't end up with one of these low quality saddles. Have switched to Dash and loving it.

Edited by etiennevt