Sign in to follow this  
KieranR

How do I approach my manager

Hey mate,

A large part of my work is developing and maintaining schedules in P6. - Be-careful what you wish for :lol:!

An invaluable resource that I have found is a book by a guy called Paul Harris called "Planning & Control Using Oracle Primavera P6" It is a work through resource that takes you from Opening the Software through to the basic elements of developing and maintaining a fully resourced schedule. It doesn't tell you how to schedule but will give you an insight into the many nuances of the software, of which there are many! I think you can pick it up for around $110-120 but you do need access to a copy of the software. (I may have a need to have an off-site back up of my installation files :whistling:)

https://www.eh.com.au/P6V16PPM.html this is the link to the PPM version which I use, but there is also an EPPM version. I assume Mono's would be likely to have the EPPM.

To echo Rory's comments above, you'll want a thick skin and be prepared to rework, rework, rework. A plan rarely survives contact with the enemy, even with their input.

Good luck with it.

• Like 1

Well done, mate, keep at it. They have a budget, so make sure it's used wisely!

• Like 1