50 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

Based on the above......Cam Worth has zero chance of breaking 4 hours. The other Cam Wurf may do it but I doubt it. Has anyone actually gone under 4 hours before. I would find it unlikely doing it at Busso. I am also known to be wrong, but will watch with interest.

Note: its not a bad field, hence if he want's to just race for a record bike split fine, but Kona clearly proved he can't hammer the bike and run afterwards. I suspect that if he wants to win he has to take it a little easier and try and run well.

Plus he is not very good on the hills ;)

did you read his interviews re lost nutrition?  

3 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

Even more reason to dial it back on the bike?

I don't really get it, he had a crack and it didn't pay off, doesn't mean he shouldn't have a crack again but with all his nutrition it might play out differently.  I guess we will know sunday, so will he, then he can reassess his plan.

4 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

I don't really get it, he had a crack and it didn't pay off, doesn't mean he shouldn't have a crack again 

Yup kudos to him for going for it. I think he'll go well Sunday.

6 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

I don't really get it, he had a crack and it didn't pay off, doesn't mean he shouldn't have a crack again but with all his nutrition it might play out differently.  I guess we will know sunday, so will he, then he can reassess his plan.

I listened to a couple of interviews with him, and would back him to pull of what he has voiced. If Terenzo is on form, then it will be an interesting dynamic at about 30km on the run. Best of luck to both of them

I get the feeling he is still trying to find his limits and gathering data as he is still very new to the sport, and once he finds his sweet spot he will be formidable, and he seems quite happy not to "play safe" to find those limits. 

• Like 1

How much head start will he need off terenzo on to the run?

Also Terenzo went real well at the short stuff a couple weeks back, surely thats the wrong zone to be excelling at before an ironman.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

I gave Wurf a bit of stick previously, but thought he was German! Didn't realise he was a homeboy.

1 hour ago, RunBrettRun said:

Also Terenzo went real well at the short stuff a couple weeks back, surely thats the wrong zone to be excelling at before an ironman.

I think the question will be can Terenzo keep up enough on the bike for it to become a race, not the other way around

Last year rode 4.10 and ran 2.50, therefore if 15 min down on Cam at the start of bike will have to run low 2.40, assuming Cam runs a sub 3, but Cam could go faster. This could be the epic Aussie/Kiwi showdown

Poor trannie Mr Flower injured himself last week and is out. At least Mrs Flower is still ok. 

Hope it gets better soon Mark. 

FM

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

According to Slowtwitch terenzo has trained in same locations as US Postal recently and so his recent form is suspicious.. 

As a kiwi who has been waiting for him to deliver on his potential for years i say #fcukslowtwitch 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bored@work said:

I'll put a carton of beer on it.  You up for that? 

Yeah, why not! As long as I get to drink some of it!

13 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

Everyone who has a day worse than expected either loses there nutrition or the drink on course was mix too strong or it didn’t agree with them.

Either that or worst conditions on record + the 6 flats on the bike that nobody saw!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Everyone who has a day worse than expected either loses there nutrition or the drink on course was mix too strong or it didn’t agree with them.

Either that or worst conditions on record + the 6 flats on the bike that nobody saw!

So true.  But usually 3 flats.

If I could cycle like Wurf, I would lay it all on the bike. 

The scary bit is, I dont think he needs to lay it "all" on the line to achieve his goals. 

Hope its a good day to for him to have a lash. 

FYI I'd like to back Cam to break 4hrs in Busso. He will win this easily.

A Level pro

Nope. See my response below after my shocking race in Chattanooga

"Not the best prep for this race so wasn't expecting much but was aiming for sub12.  I got fkin owned. The course chewed me up & spat me out. 

Glad I did it, but wouldn't recommend it. The town is awesome, lush green, great food scene, good coffee, art gallery's etc.  

Just looking forward to getting home to my girls, now."

2 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Nope. See my response below after my shocking race in Chattanooga

Good call, But I think you know what I mean. PS: Refreshing to see honest assessments. But you know its a rarity in this sport.

14 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

Good call, But I think you know what I mean. PS: Refreshing to see honest assessments. But you know its a rarity in this sport.

Ha ha yeah especially when it comes to drafting penalties. Every excuse under the sun, especially from the pros, I don't think I've heard of one pro sticking his hand up and admitted they drafted. 

32c on Sunday with a hot easterly blowing.  

Perfect conditions. 

1 hour ago, zed said:

Ha ha yeah especially when it comes to drafting penalties. Every excuse under the sun, especially from the pros, I don't think I've heard of one pro sticking his hand up and admitted they drafted. 

Nope. I admitted drafting in Cozumel (massive packs on narrow roads) & then again in Tahoe. I was stuffed & that course was hard.

I can't be assed searching for the threads & quotes.

I have drafted twice & got caught once.

Received a BS drafting penalty in Texas. But that's life & after 19 races I got away with it once. Got busted once & got a BS call once.

On 30/11/2017 at 2:59 PM, Flanman said:

Poor trannie Mr Flower injured himself last week and is out. At least Mrs Flower is still ok. 

Hope it gets better soon Mark. 

FM

Thanks Flanny. Looks like I have ruptured my Achilles. Will find out more next week when I get back to Sydney. Mrs F is looking forward to the race. I will be cheering everyone on. Look for a guy out there on crutches.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Peter said:

FYI I'd like to back Cam to break 4hrs in Busso. He will win this easily.

A Level pro

This is absurd........ course record is 7:51........I doubt that he will break the course record by 3hrs 52 mins...... Common! 😜